Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals

(TiO2 and) Melissa Officinalis, Octyododecyl, Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Diethyhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ectracts Of: Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera Seed, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Centella Asiatica; Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Proline Lecithin, Essential Oils Of: Citrus Grandis Peel, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood, Geranium Maculatum, Lavender,Thyme; Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 2/15/2011 10:28:00 PM

Love this. Great tint, moisturizing....creamy and doesn't get chalky! SPF and antioxidants! What more could I want? This is the best tinted SPF I have used. Doesn't irritate eyes either...

on 5/15/2010 2:32:00 AM

I loved the cosmetic finish of this product. The tint was slightly darker than my fair to fair-medium complexion, but it blended well and looked good. It's neither too matte nor too shiny. It also lasted well through the day, even through heat and exercise. Most important, it didn't cause any reaction or break-out.

The downside is that it has only titanium dioxide for sun protection. Titanium provides good protection from UVB rays that cause burning, but it's not as good at UVA-I (long UVA) spectrum protection as zinc oxide. Until the manufacturer adds a good amount of zinc oxide, this probably isn't adequate sun protection for someone spending much time outdoors - like me!

ETA: My skin reacted immediately to the Super Sensitive product but not to this one - the exact opposite of a previous reviewer. :)

ETA again: Called the company to ask about long UVA protection. Was passed to "education", left message, got called back several days later by someone who didn't know what I was talking about but explained that titanium reflects rather than absorbing. Thanks, knew that. Well, I knew people say that - it's not quite right. I switched products.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, this faceblock is awesome, but the spf is a tad low. And in our New Zealand conditions, it's like wearing nothing with spf 25.

Our recommended faceblocks should start at 30 above (especially on a summer)

This comes in a tint that I super super love! But it melts away during the day because of my oil.

The packaging is alright, it's upside down so it's easy to squeeze out since the product is already at the bottom. Dermalogica has really put a lot into their packaging, they didn't have in a fancy schmancy way but rather, it's purpose, and usability. Wicked.

on 10/23/2007 4:29:00 PM

This is a wonderfully product. I love the light scent and my skin has a nice light tint of colour and it's left looking matte all day.

on 5/31/2007 12:19:00 AM

First of all......I do not break out while i'm wearing this either and i am prone to that with every other sunscreens i've tried, this product is more than just a sunscreen to me, i've been using it for over 5years and it evens out my complexion and gives me a great glow all day...i always get comments on my skin when i wear this. i think it's better than dermalogica's treatment foundation and the sheer tint moisture....

on 12/31/2006 5:02:00 PM

I love the tint in this sunscreen. It evens out any blotchiness, but is not like a bronzer. It's gentle & has not made me break out. I'm acne prone, so this is a winner. In my opinion, the only negative is that it is a little on the oily side.

on 8/7/2006 6:48:00 AM

CAUTION *** This product is extremely OILY ***. OK it might say it's oil free or whatever, but after applying this to my face - it is thick, it doesn't absorb at all, and my face looks shiny and oily. A layer is left on top for hours and hours. It's like applying the cheap pharmacy sunscreen on the face. Smells yuck too. It's one of the worst Dermalogica in my opinion.

on 9/8/2004 3:41:00 AM

Although i do like that fact that it is lightly tinted, this leaves my face oilier than it already is. this could work well for someone with dry skin, but it is too oily in consistency for me. I do like the light scent though. I gave it a 4 because although it is not for my oily/sentitive acne prone skin, it is a great product and could be good for those with dryer less sensistive skin.

on 6/6/2004 10:40:00 AM

I have combo/oily skin.

Tried this in my never-ending quest for something with a spf protection. This one comes slightly tinted. I was so happy to find a SPF with slight coverage cos I have fairly good skin and just wanted something sheer with spf.

Unfortunately my face turned into an oil slick in a couple of hours. Returned and wont repurchase. continued >>

on 4/8/2004 6:12:00 PM

I dont like this product too!!! Seriouly!
I was expecting a colourless sunblock (they didnt state in the product description!)... but it came in with a medium brown color!!!! The color makes me look tanned which I hated plus it did make me break outbadly ..Really felt like being cheated, too bad that I lost my recipt and was reject for return/refund!!!!! It is sitting there forever, I dont know what to do with that ~~~