Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

No Image

3.0

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this sunscreen, but sadly didn't work for my sensitive skin, my face turned red almost inmediately after applying it, had to remove it completely and I won't try it again.
DO NOT buy this product if you haven't tested before.

on 5/27/2009 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Yet another Dermalogica product that didn't suit me… I used a sample, which lasted me for 4 days. It contains a high sunscreen, SPF 25, which is great. I really liked the consistency of the product and the fact that it was tinted. I didn't need to use any other base for my skin. My face did get a little oily during the day, but what's worse, my skin got really congested with tons of blackheads and tiny cystic bumps. I'm so gutted, because this was the exact kind of sun product I was looking for :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Beware! It is easy to confuse the ***Ultra*** Sensitive FaceBlock with the ***Super*** one. The Ultra is a tinted cream in a tube; the Super is a super-light white fluid in a small bottle. I'm reviewing this now having just repurchased the good Super, and recalled, with a shudder, my previous experience with the Ultra.

The Ultra is a pink/peach-tinted cream - a similar shade and texture to Clinique City Block 25. The active sunscreen ingredient is titanium dioxide (full ingredients listing at end of review).

I found it quite heavy to apply, and rather strongly scented (pleasant, mind you). My skin was very unhappy with it, reacting within minutes. I removed it as soon as possible, but still had patches of rash and suffered a breakout: not just the usual localised/cyctic pimples, but all over my face and neck where I'd applied the Ultra. There is unfortunate photographic evidence of this from an event I had to attend the next day. All therefore quite unforgettable.

This might well work for other people - but please do read the ingredients and patch-test it (somewhere inconspicuous like inside wrist) before buying. And I'd heartily recommend the Super instead. I felt a strong moral obligation to warn about the Ultra, and the perils of its confusion with the Super. (Mops sweaty brow and stops shuddering.)

INGREDIENTS: (TiO2 and) Melissa Officinalis, Octyododecyl, Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Diethyhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ectracts Of: Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera Seed, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Centella Asiatica; Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Proline Lecithin, Essential Oils Of: Citrus Grandis Peel, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood, Geranium Maculatum, Lavender,Thyme; Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide.

[source for ingredients list: dermstore.com] continued >>

on 3/14/2008 7:56:00 AM

One word - CITRONELLOL. This is a common skin irritant and yet they keep putting it in products, especially I have found for those with sensitive skin.

BOO! Back to Dr Leslie's book for another spf.

on 8/7/2006 6:48:00 AM

CAUTION *** This product is extremely OILY ***. OK it might say it's oil free or whatever, but after applying this to my face - it is thick, it doesn't absorb at all, and my face looks shiny and oily. A layer is left on top for hours and hours. It's like applying the cheap pharmacy sunscreen on the face. Smells yuck too. It's one of the worst Dermalogica in my opinion.

on 5/14/2005 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Texture: It is too creamy and thick, for my normal to oily skin in summery weather, too heavy and greasy.
Color: I¡¦m surprise to see the beige color when I open it, which is more like a foundation then sunscreen IMO, the color (natural tone, around NC30) is *not* sheer at all, which would definitely have effective ¡V more then just even out skin tone. In another words, pale or dark skin wouldn¡¦t be nice with it on. Besides, since this is sunblock, and is supposed to leave it on top of skin, it could easily tint the clothing¡K
*** I¡¦m glad this is only a sample¡K what a very disappointing product¡K

on 2/4/2005 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is not for sensitive skin. It left mine, red, itchy and spotty. Also the colour is not suited for pale skins

on 5/8/2004 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Got this in a sample and i think it stinks!!!!! nver go near it again!!!! yucks

on 4/8/2004 6:12:00 PM

I dont like this product too!!! Seriouly!
I was expecting a colourless sunblock (they didnt state in the product description!)... but it came in with a medium brown color!!!! The color makes me look tanned which I hated plus it did make me break outbadly ..Really felt like being cheated, too bad that I lost my recipt and was reject for return/refund!!!!! It is sitting there forever, I dont know what to do with that ~~~

on 3/23/2004 10:12:00 PM

Very sticky. It clogged my pores. It caused me break out. Don't waste your money on this product!