Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

2.9

Not tested on animals

(TiO2 and) Melissa Officinalis, Octyododecyl, Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Diethyhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ectracts Of: Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera Seed, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Centella Asiatica; Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Proline Lecithin, Essential Oils Of: Citrus Grandis Peel, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood, Geranium Maculatum, Lavender,Thyme; Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this sunscreen, but sadly didn't work for my sensitive skin, my face turned red almost inmediately after applying it, had to remove it completely and I won't try it again.
DO NOT buy this product if you haven't tested before.

on 9/21/2009 2:59:00 AM

Although the product does its job with a good consistency that is not too thick, with good sun protection, I am still not a big fan of the tint, At first i thought the tint would work well as a cover up, but due to its consistency (bit to sheer) to do any cover up if u have blemishes.

i find that it does somewhat obstruct make up application, (but this maybe due to the fact that i am asain and have comparitively fair skin.) anf the darker tint in the sunscreen is not compatible with my foundation colour.

i find that it does leave an oily film to develop after application , but i have blemish/oil prine skin. So maybe not advised for those with oily skin types.

so the main issues with this product is its tint (if fair complexion) and issue to make skin oily later on in the day.

on 5/27/2009 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Yet another Dermalogica product that didn't suit me… I used a sample, which lasted me for 4 days. It contains a high sunscreen, SPF 25, which is great. I really liked the consistency of the product and the fact that it was tinted. I didn't need to use any other base for my skin. My face did get a little oily during the day, but what's worse, my skin got really congested with tons of blackheads and tiny cystic bumps. I'm so gutted, because this was the exact kind of sun product I was looking for :(

on 1/31/2009 11:43:00 PM

This tinted sunscreen has a beautiful texture and luckily does not irritate my sensitive skin. It applies smoothly and is not sticky or oily. The downside for me is the tint is too dark for me (even in summer) and makes my face look dirty. Hence I would not repurchase for myself, but would repurchase for family members with more of a tanned complexion.
Edit: As a fair skinned person I have worked out how to make this work. I mix a little bit of this with my Ultraceuticals Daily Protective Moisturiser SPF 30+ and both the tint and the texture become PERFECT! The tint becomes lighter and peachy fair. Very natural looking. Fair skinned folks - I recommend getting a sample of this then mixing it with a facial sunscreen that may have a slight white cast when applied on its own. It's worth a try ;-)

on 3/31/2007 12:51:00 PM

This is the best facial sunblock I've tried, it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I have a combination of acne and rosacea and I don't get any breakouts from this + since it's tinted it evens out my skin tone nicely. However, if I was paler or darker it mightn't suit me so well. Overall a very good product but looking at previous reviews it's obviously a product you either love or hate so if possible get a sample first. Ideally I would have liked a higher SPF but sure you can't have everything I suppose...

on 2/4/2005 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is not for sensitive skin. It left mine, red, itchy and spotty. Also the colour is not suited for pale skins

on 5/28/2004 7:23:00 PM

The only reasons I gave this a "3" instead of anything lower is because it did not cause any breakout as with other sunscreens I've used and it gave full spectrum protection against UVA/UVB/IR. I hate the tint!! It only comes in 1 shade that's too dark for PPP/LLL/FFF skintone. Overall, I'd only use this when I go for a swim. The texture is too heavy for everyday use under my makeup. Wish Dermalogica made this in an "untinted" version. I'm trying hard to finish the tube which is still very full and expiring in a few months.

on 3/23/2004 10:12:00 PM

Very sticky. It clogged my pores. It caused me break out. Don't waste your money on this product!

on 3/26/2003 6:59:00 AM

I got a sample of this product from a Dermalogica salon and I liked it a lot. It gave adequate sun protection to my super-pale skin which burns easily and the subtle tint evened out my skin tone and gave me a healthy glow. It also has a pleasant smell. This didn't make my combination skin greasy but I am not sure whether it would suit oilier skins. I will definitely be buying this when my sample runs out.

on 12/11/2002 11:52:00 PM

Great sunblock for me with very sensitive skin. It did not break me out, was not greasy, and was moisturizing enough. And it came with a slight tint to give a sheer coverage. It is expensive for a small tube that can last me around 4 mths if used everyday. But I'll definitely reinvest bcos it's the only sunblock I'll ever trust for my ultra sensitive skin!