Cargo Lipgloss

3.3

I have this in vienna and i'm not impressed with the color. It looks so vibrant in the tube but once you put it on it looks clear. I like my gloss to have some color to it otherwise I could just be saving money and wearing chapstick. The formula does feel nice. It sticks to the lip well but doesn't feel sticky. thumbs up for the formula and thumbs down for the color.

The colour is very pigmented but doesn't suit me as it is quite bright (I have the colour 'Prague'). It's creamy, glides on easily and smells really good however some people may dislike the smell.

To Read all 121 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got one of the quads, and they are fantastic. Very pigmented. Long-lasting--not so much. Just normal. But no sticky feeling. I hate the sticky feeling of some lipglosses. I'd rather have a moisturized pair of lips that are shiny with gloss, and re-apply a couple of times, than sticky gross lips suffocating under a gloopy layer, that stay that way for a long time.
BTW you can ask the salespeople for a couple of "disposable lip brushes" that they have to go with this. They are free and last a long time. I dunno why they are called disposable.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i bought this thinking it will be a gloss i carry in my purse so i can touch up all day or to re-moisturize my lips, but nooo way. it actually makes your lips even more chapped and doesn't last long on your lips anyway.
a total dud.
might as well get some cheap drugstore gloss that works better.

on 3/28/2008 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really don't like this lipgloss. I bought it two shades that are totally beautiful. That's what sucked me in. The colours of Cargo glosses- all of which are gorgeous. The label has rubbed off in my make-up case so I can't report on the colour but suffice it to say that they blend very well together and are great alone.
Now for why I hate this: they dry my lips out terribly. Like I ALWAYS regret having worn them. They go one sort of thin and vaseline like, which I hate and to me is a sign of a cheap gloss (I don't like MAC lipglasses either but come-on! they should have some lasting power to them!) But even in the short time they spend on my lips, they manage to do a number on them. I also get the dreaded white line build-up on my inner lips with these (lovely, I know!).
Furthermore, I originally found the packaging cute but it's really inconvenient.

I've had this for over a year and every time I see it it makes me angry. Only because in my opinion it's such crap but looks so pretty.

I'm really envious of those for whome this works.

on 3/26/2008 4:47:00 PM

I bought the gloss duo in "Chattanooga".

I agree with the other reviewers that this gloss fades very quickly. I also found that the formulation was quite drying.

The packaging is also deceiving because you believe you are getting this big circular tin of two glosses. In actuality the glosses are in two semi-circular pans that are then glued inside the larger tin. It's only after you get to the bottom of the gloss pan that you realize how much space the packaging is consuming. Space that should be filled with product instead. The gloss pans only have the depth of about half of the larger tin.

Would not buy again, no matter how tempting the shiny tin is!

on 2/29/2008 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this gloss. The color selection was great and I thought for the price it was well worth it to get a huge tin with 2 colors. The gloss goes on very smoothly and doesn't feel sticky but it's thin and sort of melts off within an hour. I continue to use it and will probably will till I run out but I doubt I will go back and repurchase. It just doesn't have the staying power I am looking for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got this in "Chatanooga" since they were out of "Macchu Picchu" at the time and I just really wanted to try Cargo gloss. Big disappointment. The colors fade quickly, and constant reapplication is a must. It feels nice on, but doesn't stay long. In addition, the tin can be difficult to open at times. $20 is far too much for this substandard gloss.

on 11/10/2007 5:53:00 AM

Overall, this is a decent lipgloss tin. I like the colors, and I purchased it at Sephora, so I appreciated being able to try the product before purchasing.

The staying power is average for a lipgloss. The biggest pain (and reason I will NOT purchase again) is that there is no application wand. During the day, I am either using an extra q-tip or my fingers, which makes a mess if I'm away from home.

In summary.....Good colors, average staying power, where's my wand?? I will not buy again until they have it come with a wand!

I really wanted to love product, it feels very smooth on my lips and not sticky at all. I love the color selection and how there's 2 colors/tin (or in my case 4). But it only lasts 5 minutes on me!! Its so frustrating to have to constantly reapply. I wouldn't get it again, but I'll probably finish this tin.

Popular Lip Glosses