Redken Blonde Glam Pure Pearl [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Blonde Glam Pure Pearl [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Campho Benzalkonium Methosulfate, Trideceth-12, Vitis Vinifera/Grape Seed Oil, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, PPG-5-Ceteath-20, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Hydroxyanthraquinoneaminopropyl Methyl Morpholinium Methosulfate, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Lecithin, Helianthus Annuus/Sunflower Seed Extract, Phosphoric Acid, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Ethylparaben, Citrus Grandis/Grapefruit Fruit Extract (D8741/1

on 1/22/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I can't believe this stuff is discontinued! It's fantastic!

This product is a conditioning toner treatment that can be applied even to my fine roots without weighing them down. It doesn't tone dramatically but over time it brightens my blonde exceptionally well without harshly drying out my locks!

on 9/4/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I gave this an average rating because although it works well as a conditioner, it does nothing to alter the brassiness in my box colored blond hair.
It smells good and it leaves my hair very soft, it's a pleasure to use, but I am looking for a product to tone down the yellow and this just doesn't work. I have to admit though that Clairol Shimmer Lights doesn't work too well for me either, but with Clairol, if I leave it on a few minutes, I do manage to get a slight ashy hue. Pure Pearl does nothing in this regard.
My search continues...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was so sad to find this product has been discontinued and if you can find it and love it as much as I do GRAB IT, lol. But never fear, Redken has not discontinued this permanently but they have renamed it and come out with a second "color" formula, one for "ultra pale blonde highlights" and one for "golden hightlights". The smell is different than the orignal pure pearl, it smells more like the rest of the Redken line (which I LOVE). Anyway, on to the product...it is probably one of the best treatments for blonde hair I've ever found, and I've tried so many. I use this maybe once every 2 weeks in conjunction with my shimmer lights shampoo and let me tell you it makes my hair look like I've just had it highlighted. It is a wonderful product for blondes. I also think it is really moisturizing considering the color depositing agents in it, also I've never worn gloves when using this product and I've never had any problems.

on 6/4/2009 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm using this because Im out of ShimmerLights. Pretty good stuff, but if your blond is truly platinum, DON'T LEAVE ON FOR LONGER THAN A MINUTE. You will have purple spots. I'm sure it's excellent for toning darker than level 10 blonds/ highlights, but you really have to watch it if you have the super-bleached blonde like I do.

Smells weird, though. And I don't consider it very moisturizing, but I have super-bleached hair, so I have the type of hair that I rub jojoba oil into after washing--as in super dehydrated. If you don't have very processed hair, it's probably ok on the moisturizing tip.
***I figured out what this smells like!!! The super-stinky old Jergens GST moisturizer!!!!*****

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i have several chunky light blonde highlights and this stuff def brightens them up! pretty moisturizing too...everytime i use this stuff, sum1 asks me if i had my hair done...little did they know that all i did was use this gem! works better than schwarzkopf or shimmerlights!

on 4/24/2009 6:21:00 PM

This is a strong treatment for light blonde hair, strong meaning it will leave a purple hue in your hair if left on too long because it works so well. Because I'm a Redken freak, I use CAT, Extreme Deep Fuel, Anti-Snap, etc. I usually alternate these products and use this twice a week before my conditioner. I leave it on about 6 minutes and it eliminates any signs of brassiness. You may want to leave it on longer depending on your hair color. IF your hair turns too purple, use the Cleansing Cream by Redken and follow up with conditioner.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a truly lovely product for anyone with coloured/higlighted blonde hair, it helps to maintain your fresh, pretty blonde and to keep the brassiness away. I also makes my hair super soft and shiny, and I use it about twice a week, in conjunction with my silver'lavender shampoo, to keep away the pesky yellow tones that can creep up on us blondies, although I believe it would be anough to use this on it's own :)

on 4/6/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Where has this stuff been all my life? I picked up a bottle at Ulta last weekend and tried it; results were amazing! I'd had my mousey brown hair foiled a few weeks ago and it was starting to look dull and washed out. Pure Pearl brought the brightness back! I'm loving this stuff!

on 3/14/2009 11:17:00 AM

My hairstylist gave this to me for free after she turned my hair banana yellow(randolph's salon in waterford, MI. beware) ...I never used it as I immediately had my hair dyed brown, but a year later I am finally back to my normal ashy blonde hair, yay! Even though I don't have much brassiness in my hair I figured it would at least make my blonde hair look shiny/healthy. This product leaves my hair feeling like SILK and I have never said this about any product...even if my hair has tangles when I apply it..as I rinse it out, the tangles fall out and I'm left with the smoothest hair imaginable. When I blow dry my hair it's incredibly soft and looks SO healthy. I have recntly noticed the more I use it the ashier my hair becomes..so it may not remove brassiness right away, but keep using it!

on 2/26/2009 8:56:00 PM

I really like this product. It infuses my fine blonde hair with shine. The scent is ok.