Malibu Tan Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

Malibu Tan Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer
Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing MoisturizerHemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

4.3

Water, Propylene Glycol, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Erythrulose, Ubiquinone, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHT, Citric Acid.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've only used this for two days and it's made my skin sooo pretty. I've never tanned a day of my life (I'm only 16) and I try to stay inside more since I'm prone to skin cancer more than I should be. I have an olive/neutral skin tone and I'm quite pale, even my guy friends who are into pale girls say I'm almost sickly pale, and I kinda wanted a healthy glow for the summer. This has made my skin a really pretty bronze-y color and it's so moisturized after using this. I really like it! The smell is super yummy too. I haven't noticed any firming affect but then again I don't have much to firm I guess lol

on 1/25/2017 12:43:00 AM

I have been using this for a few weeks, I really like it. I'm Spanish/Italian, olive toned, but a little fair also. I'm 47, so I'm not really into the super dark spray tan look most girls do, even tho i was always a golden goddess when i was younger😀..less is more when you are over 40..This is perfect for me, its just the right amount of color for me, a nice sun kissed look after 3 days using it in a row, it does say to use 7 straight days for a dark tan, but 3 was perfect for me, I will probably just use it every 3 days now to maintain this color.. Its about $5 at Walmart, I just bought it for the first time a few weeks ago, and since there were only two left, I bought both...I'm wondering if it might be out of stock a lot...I will probably hit up another Walmart and stock up on a few more, I like the results that much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

During the last heat wave I bought a pump bottle of this at the walmart market for $7 so i could break out the shorts without my legs looking all lumpy and pasty. I swear, I actually DO have really nice legs (despite what it sounds like) but i can't stand how patchy and discolored they are so i always used to wear tights with shorts unless i happened to get a tan (which is like never). This stuff finally gave me a better alternative and a bonus is i think it actually DOES firm my skin a little!

But anyways, if you want INSTANT results do what i did and follow the advice down there. I bought some Banana Boat Summer Color self-tanning lotion (in "Deep Dark Color") along with this stuff and and I applied the BB instant tanning lotion to my legs ONCE (i didn't mix it). Btw MAKE SURE YOU EXFOLIATE BEFORE APPLYING ANY TYPE OF SELF TANNER!!! Then i just used this Malibu stuff AM and PM after that (i really love the smell).

This way i was able to wear shorts the next day and it looked totally natural. It's easy to maintain and it doesn't seem to rub off on my clothes. Like even after i get all sweaty and gross from working out I haven't really had any problems, which really surprised me.

Also, it's definitely NOT necessary to buy the Banana Boat stuff. I know that this stuff works just as well on its own because i didn't use anything on my arms but this Malibu stuff and I got the same results. It just takes about 5-7 days for the color to start being dark (also I'm half chinese and half white and the color still works for me).

My only complaints are that this stuff takes a while to sink in and dry, and if you exfoliate after you've been applying it for days you can get patchy! I can only assume this will happen with any d/s self tanner though... I'm used to exfoliating daily with one of those scrubbers so this creates a dilemma sometimes (when it gets patchy you just have to exfoliate it away). It looks great on but can be dicey coming off, I guess.

on 12/17/2016 3:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this thinking it was regular lotion, silly me! But I didn't even notice until it turned me jaundiced looking... It's a great product, it just isn't something I'm interested in using. But the price, ingredients, and packaging are all great and it does give you a hint of color. My skintone is very light olive and for some reason it really made me look yellow.. Like Bart Simpson colored lol. If you're pale olive then be careful with this stuff, the green tones in our skin accentuate the yellow apparently.

on 6/28/2016 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Malibu Tan Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer is a god-send for fair skin. I use this every day after I shower. It moisturizes skin very, very well. I have extremely dry skin living in the Rocky Mountains so this impresses me. As for firming, I've been using this for about a year, it does slightly firm. What I really love about this moisturizer is the fact it lightly bronzes my skin without looking patchy or orange. It gives off a gorgeous bronze glow when used daily. My fiancée even noticed my skin was looking deeper in color. I wish it was a little deeper in color, but I'm gonna to try another MakeupAlley reviewer's suggestion to mix it 50/50 with Banana Boat Dark lotion. I think this bronzing moisturizer is a great product for anyone looking to moisturize, bronze and firm. It's only $6 from Walmart

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing. I have extremely dry and pale skin, and it moisturizes pretty well. The color pay off is slight, and can get a bit yellow if you over do it, I apply it once a day to prevent it looking too bad. Plus some areas on me do not retain much color, and others do. The smell is strange, like sweet candy and ripe fruit, but you can get used to it. The DHA smell is very faint, but still there. It's affordable and great to give a little color when you need it. I buy mine at Walmart for about $5 and a bottle has lasted over a year. Pump bottle is nice too.

on 5/24/2016 10:28:00 PM

Super sneaky secret? Use Banana Boat Deep Dark and mix with this for first two applications in a 50.50 mix. You'll get nice and brown fast...with no streaking, well moisturized skin - with only that stinky self tanner spray for one day. Then you can use this to maintain!

It's a good product, but doesn't get you very dark. I add the Banana Boat Deep Dark when I'm too faded, or want results quicker.

on 10/23/2015 12:49:00 AM

This is honestly the best gradual self tanner for the price on the market! I used to use Jergens daily glow but this is cheaper, lasts longer, and is much better smelling!
Comes in a huge pump bottle and is about 5 bucks at Walmart. I always buy 2 at a time when they're in stock because my local Walmart tends to sell out of these so quickly!
The smell is fruity and tropical, doesn't even smell like you're using tanning lotion. It has never came out streaky or blotchy on me because the color payoff is so gradual. I don't use gloves to apply and have even forgotten to wash my hands after (oops) and my hands still look normal the next day!
After 1 day it's a noticeable glow, after 2 a slight tan, and 3 days it's just a beautiful light bronze color - nothing too crazy but just enough for year round application so I don't feel so white during winter, and it accentuates a summer tan beautifully!

ADDED BONUS: I try not to use any chemical laden products on my skin (completely cut out conventional face products and only use raw, natural plant oils) but it's been tough to find a tanning lotion with natural ingredients. This isn't 100% natural, but it's pretty dang close - it has coconut oil, hempseed, sesame, jojoba, sunflower, olive, calendula, green tea, AND tea tree oil - ALL of which have AMAZING benefits for the skin!!! I love that I am putting natural plant products on my skin and getting a healthy glow as well! :)

on 4/29/2016 11:35:00 PM

I feel like you get more bang for your buck with this product. I use this when my regular self tanner starts to get a little patchy or when I need a boost. Don't expect this to get too too dark, it's a sunkissed natural tan and it's not too offensive in the DhA smell either. Very moisturizing I'm not sure what I can say about the skin firming part but I definitely recommend this if that's what you're looking for.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so glad I picked this up on a whim! I am fair skinned and this is the best gradual tanner I have ever tried (possibly my HG!) It's cheaper than Jergen's and it actually includes some great oils like coconut oil (one of the main ingredients) hemp seed oil, tea tree oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, sesame & sunflower oil, and it has green tea extract. It says formulated with coq10 to firm skin which has been shown to slow or reduce wrinkles over time and also prevent sun damage. It has a few lousy ingredients like alcohol and such but my eczema prone skin has not been irritated by this product once and it leaves my skin feeling baby soft!

Besides the moisturizing properties this is also a great tanner. It gives you a natural looking color that is not at all orange (like Jergen's can be) it's a nice natural bronze. I'm so fair that the first application I see a nice difference. But daily application you can get a really nice glow. This isn't super tan alone especially not after one or two application you have to use it religiously. It's great for the fair skinned, to just get a natural glow, or to use in between spray tans/self tanners.

The initial scent I did not like at first. To me it smells like a fake tropical fruity smell mixed with baby powder... Some said rancid bananas lol I can see that. But it redeems itself by the fact that once it sets and the DHA starts to kick in it hardly has that thick DHA smell that other tanners have! I don't feel like I have to wash it off later because the smell is really not bad at all and that alone makes me LOVE this product.

Toss your Jergen's in the trash and go pick this up. It's so much better and is my new go-to and must have for summer. :)