4.3

Water, Propylene Glycol, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Erythrulose, Ubiquinone, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHT, Citric Acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

During the last heat wave I bought a pump bottle of this at the walmart market for $7 so i could break out the shorts without my legs looking all lumpy and pasty. I swear, I actually DO have really nice legs (despite what it sounds like) but i can't stand how patchy and discolored they are so i always used to wear tights with shorts unless i happened to get a tan (which is like never). This stuff finally gave me a better alternative and a bonus is i think it actually DOES firm my skin a little!

But anyways, if you want INSTANT results do what i did and follow the advice down there. I bought some Banana Boat Summer Color self-tanning lotion (in "Deep Dark Color") along with this stuff and and I applied the BB instant tanning lotion to my legs ONCE (i didn't mix it). Btw MAKE SURE YOU EXFOLIATE BEFORE APPLYING ANY TYPE OF SELF TANNER!!! Then i just used this Malibu stuff AM and PM after that (i really love the smell).

This way i was able to wear shorts the next day and it looked totally natural. It's easy to maintain and it doesn't seem to rub off on my clothes. Like even after i get all sweaty and gross from working out I haven't really had any problems, which really surprised me.

Also, it's definitely NOT necessary to buy the Banana Boat stuff. I know that this stuff works just as well on its own because i didn't use anything on my arms but this Malibu stuff and I got the same results. It just takes about 5-7 days for the color to start being dark (also I'm half chinese and half white and the color still works for me).

My only complaints are that this stuff takes a while to sink in and dry, and if you exfoliate after you've been applying it for days you can get patchy! I can only assume this will happen with any d/s self tanner though... I'm used to exfoliating daily with one of those scrubbers so this creates a dilemma sometimes (when it gets patchy you just have to exfoliate it away). It looks great on but can be dicey coming off, I guess.

on 6/28/2016 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Malibu Tan Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer is a god-send for fair skin. I use this every day after I shower. It moisturizes skin very, very well. I have extremely dry skin living in the Rocky Mountains so this impresses me. As for firming, I've been using this for about a year, it does slightly firm. What I really love about this moisturizer is the fact it lightly bronzes my skin without looking patchy or orange. It gives off a gorgeous bronze glow when used daily. My fiancée even noticed my skin was looking deeper in color. I wish it was a little deeper in color, but I'm gonna to try another MakeupAlley reviewer's suggestion to mix it 50/50 with Banana Boat Dark lotion. I think this bronzing moisturizer is a great product for anyone looking to moisturize, bronze and firm. It's only $6 from Walmart

To Read all 133 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/24/2016 10:28:00 PM

Super sneaky secret? Use Banana Boat Deep Dark and mix with this for first two applications in a 50.50 mix. You'll get nice and brown fast...with no streaking, well moisturized skin - with only that stinky self tanner spray for one day. Then you can use this to maintain!

It's a good product, but doesn't get you very dark. I add the Banana Boat Deep Dark when I'm too faded, or want results quicker.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so glad I picked this up on a whim! I am fair skinned and this is the best gradual tanner I have ever tried (possibly my HG!) It's cheaper than Jergen's and it actually includes some great oils like coconut oil (one of the main ingredients) hemp seed oil, tea tree oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, sesame & sunflower oil, and it has green tea extract. It says formulated with coq10 to firm skin which has been shown to slow or reduce wrinkles over time and also prevent sun damage. It has a few lousy ingredients like alcohol and such but my eczema prone skin has not been irritated by this product once and it leaves my skin feeling baby soft!

Besides the moisturizing properties this is also a great tanner. It gives you a natural looking color that is not at all orange (like Jergen's can be) it's a nice natural bronze. I'm so fair that the first application I see a nice difference. But daily application you can get a really nice glow. This isn't super tan alone especially not after one or two application you have to use it religiously. It's great for the fair skinned, to just get a natural glow, or to use in between spray tans/self tanners.

The initial scent I did not like at first. To me it smells like a fake tropical fruity smell mixed with baby powder... Some said rancid bananas lol I can see that. But it redeems itself by the fact that once it sets and the DHA starts to kick in it hardly has that thick DHA smell that other tanners have! I don't feel like I have to wash it off later because the smell is really not bad at all and that alone makes me LOVE this product.

Toss your Jergen's in the trash and go pick this up. It's so much better and is my new go-to and must have for summer. :)

on 4/29/2016 11:35:00 PM

I feel like you get more bang for your buck with this product. I use this when my regular self tanner starts to get a little patchy or when I need a boost. Don't expect this to get too too dark, it's a sunkissed natural tan and it's not too offensive in the DhA smell either. Very moisturizing I'm not sure what I can say about the skin firming part but I definitely recommend this if that's what you're looking for.

on 10/23/2015 12:49:00 AM

This is honestly the best gradual self tanner for the price on the market! I used to use Jergens daily glow but this is cheaper, lasts longer, and is much better smelling!
Comes in a huge pump bottle and is about 5 bucks at Walmart. I always buy 2 at a time when they're in stock because my local Walmart tends to sell out of these so quickly!
The smell is fruity and tropical, doesn't even smell like you're using tanning lotion. It has never came out streaky or blotchy on me because the color payoff is so gradual. I don't use gloves to apply and have even forgotten to wash my hands after (oops) and my hands still look normal the next day!
After 1 day it's a noticeable glow, after 2 a slight tan, and 3 days it's just a beautiful light bronze color - nothing too crazy but just enough for year round application so I don't feel so white during winter, and it accentuates a summer tan beautifully!

ADDED BONUS: I try not to use any chemical laden products on my skin (completely cut out conventional face products and only use raw, natural plant oils) but it's been tough to find a tanning lotion with natural ingredients. This isn't 100% natural, but it's pretty dang close - it has coconut oil, hempseed, sesame, jojoba, sunflower, olive, calendula, green tea, AND tea tree oil - ALL of which have AMAZING benefits for the skin!!! I love that I am putting natural plant products on my skin and getting a healthy glow as well! :)

Love this product! I'm pale, reddish/ruddy skin tone with dark hair & bluish, veiny skin undertones & dark circles under my eyes all the time. Uuugh. With one application, this product truly brings the life back to my appearance! I use it on my face, chest and arms for a very natural healthy glow. When used on a daily basis....even better! The result is always perfect! It is the best sunless tanner I have ever used and have been using it for over 5 years now.

on 9/23/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Super natural looking gradual tanner. I love this stuff! I keep trying other products but always come back to this. It's very inexpensive, and comes in a pump bottle, which is convenient.

It does have a scent that I would describe as "tropical", which I kinda enjoy, and masks the self tanner smell pretty well.

I think this imparts a very believable color. And I've noticed that if I put on when I've got a little bit of a natural suntan the results are even more amazing (but that's probably the case w/ most sunless tan products).

I think this pairs well w/ other self tanners for maintenance in between applications of the non-gradual types. Especially on the legs, since they're frequently exfoliated from shaving/ hair removal.

on 9/13/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This bronzing moisturizer is perfect if u are looking for a golden glow to your skin. I have used almost all of the self tanners on the market and this one is the best. U are paying $5.87 if u buy at Walmart and it is an 18 ounce pump bottle. Where can u buy this much product for such an amazing price and not only that, but provides great moisutrization and golden color. This is perfect because there is no streaking or orange color and it dries quickly. I apply at night after showering, and most of the time, I fall asleep before it has completely dried. I have used for six days and I have yet to have streaks or uneven coloring or that orange look that everyone hates. I am blonde and very fair skin and this stuff is awesome. I have bought the best of the best in high price tanners and this one is the very best on the market. Believe me when I say this. IT'S TRUE!!!!

on 3/29/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have used this self tanning lotion for a month and the color payoff is minimal. Im a fair skin Hispanic with olive skin tone, and I agree with some user when they say this might be better suited for very fair skin tones because the color is so light. At first, I liked the scent, but after several applications the scent started to bother me. It smells strongly of over ripe bananas and something else??? I use coconut all the time as a moisturizer and this product definitely DOES NOT smells like coconut!!! Al in al, I wouldn't recomend this product.