L'Oreal Paris Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Quartet in Golden Sunrise Summer 2006

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

WOW! We (in australia) dont get any L'oreal LE stuff like front page peach or these palettes but i found this one in some random store that must import stuff from CCOs in the US. I loved it so much that i went back and bought one for my friend and another back up for me. The colours have been really well described so i wont bother but my fav is just like MAC tempting, only smoother and easier to apply. Beautiful!

I'm a sucker for gold e/s so i'm glad i got this. And it was only $12AUD which is brilliant!

So cheap, so good, so surprising...as this is a product from the master purveyors of junky e/s in pretty packaging, L'oreal. Lovely summer into fall colors of bronze, gold, caramel, and olive green. Shimmery, universally flattering colors on warm-toned ladies. Look lovely on this CCC.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this at WalMart on a whim because the packaging was so pretty. I hate the fact that this is limited because it is beautiful. The colors are just right for the summer. The shadow is not too heavy but still eye turning.

I am so impressed with this quad. It is a limited edition, summer 2006 item and definitely worth picking up next time you're in the drugstore. This is packaged in that square, clear lucite packaging that L'Oreal has put all of their LE compacts in, and with a little half-sun pressed into two of the squares. I like the design since it doesn't look or feel cheap, you can see your colors very easily and it is easy to store (bubble-lidded compacts are the bane of my organizational existence). There are four colors: a pale gold; a brazen honey (similar to Milani's Sun Goddess); a warm, apricot gold; and medium bronzey brown (close to MAC's Tempting or Milani's Golden Bronze). All four are very shimmery, and some are almost metallic, but still wearable, especially if you do well with warm colors. The quality of the shadows is fabulous and much, much, much better than the regular Wear infinite eyeshadows--the texture is velvety and the pigmentation is rich. These can be worn sheerly if brushed on loosely, or become more vibrant if "packed" on with a stiffer brush, or used as eyeliners. I didn't feel the need to use these wet at all. They wear very well, without any fading (I can't vouch for their crease-proofness, since eyeshadows never crease on me). One of these is about 7-8 USD, which is quite reasonable, given the amount, quality and packaging. I foresee myself wearing this quad (and it's "sister", Bronze Sunset) all summer.

But sometimes pictures speak louder than words. Golden Sunrise is on the right.:

continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm surprised that there has not been more hype about these shadows because they deserve it. I esp. appreciate how loreal has finally come up with something with great texture and lasting color quality (in their e/s dept). I will stock up if I can find more.

I look nothing like JLo, but when I put on golden sunrise, I thought that this would be something she would wear. There's a shimmery taupe, bronze, peach, and brown. I love the colors because you can get awesome combinations. Works great as liners too!

Loreal if you're listening, please make these colors into a face bronzer, similar to Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks!