L'Oreal Paris Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Quartet in Bronze Sunset Summer 06

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/29/2007 9:51:00 AM

Really lovely set of shadows. We're all attracted to LE stuff - pretty packaging, persuasive themed campaigns, and the lure of owning something that can only bought THIS season. I needed it. However, I was a good girl and resisted. When I saw this at Portobello Market for 2, I gave in. This one seemed to red, and the Golden Sunrise seemed too yellow - which is the lesser of the evils? I am so happy I got this. It's not too red at all. It really does give me that smokey sun goddess look. The staying power isn't brilliant, but it's not too bad. At the end of the day (with no primer), there is some creasing and wear, but most of the color is still present. Just in: the peachy tan color is absolutely lovely; I love it as a crease color.

on 7/26/2006 11:27:00 PM

I'm kind of in shock at the moment. L'oreal eyeshadows are notoriously junky- lack pigment, quickly fade, yadda yadda yadda...so I was more than a little wary when I picked up this quad after reading the glowing reviews.
But these e/s deserve the hype...they are fab! Silky, nicely pigmented, gorgeous colors...is this a fluke? Do my eyes deceive me? L'oreal has redeemed itself in my eyes for the time being...we'll see if the regular e/s line can live up to this quality. In the meanwhile I purchased an extra quad just in case.

These colors are so pretty and come in a sleek container. They look great on and have moderate lasting power on their own - I have yet to try over UDPP, which I'm sure will extend lasting power. Cheap.

on 5/3/2006 4:48:00 PM

I'm really impressed with these limited edition, summer 2006 eyeshadow quads from L'Oreal. The quality far surpasses their normal Wear Infinite shadows (and some higher end brands as well): smooth, velvety texture; rich pigmentation and great wear. Plus, the packaging (clear, square lucite compact) is cute and practical. Okay, colors are: a pale, neutral gold (reminds me of MAC's Retrospeck, but the texture's better); a rosy, bronzey maroon (reminds me of Milani's Spice); a peachy rose (sorta like Urban Decay's Chopper); a brownish maroon (it's a a warmer, less purplish version of L'Oreal OTL in Vintage). All four colors are very shimmery, almost metallic, but the shimmer particles provide more of a warm sheen than a sparkly effect. One of these compacts is about 7-8 USD, which is quite reasonable given the particulars. I foresee myself wearing this quad (and the Golden Sunrise quad) all summer.

The picture below shows Golden Sunrise on the right and Bronze Sunset on the left.

continued >>

on 4/23/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm surprised that there has not been more hype about these shadows because they deserve it. The review below is right on the mark! I esp. appreciate how loreal has finally come up with something with great texture and lasting color quality (in their e/s dept). I will stock up if I can find more.

Compared to the golden sunrise, I think bronze sunset is warmer and can be worn year round.

on 4/20/2006 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These shadows are not your typical L'Oreal..They're in the clear lucite packaging like the Colors of Hope releases and these shadows are very pigmented.Not chalky like most people complain they are.The quad reminds me alot of the shadows in the LORAC Croc palette though not as red(none are matte)There's a champagne shade that leans towards golden,one shade that is almost deadon to MAC Antiqued,a bronzey peach and a heavily bronzed plum..For $6.99 I think this is a total bargain..Pick it up quick as it's Limited Edition:)