Bumble and bumble. Thickening Spray

Bumble and bumble. Thickening Spray

3.6

Water, Alcohol Denat., Isopropanol, Vp/Va Copolymer, Polyquaternium-11, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, PPG-12-PEG-65 Lanolin Oil, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Chloride, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Limonene, Fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is brilliant but I would not use it too often...it's laden with alcohol which attacks your nose the moment you spray and not good for hair in the long run. Previously I tried the B&B Thickening Shampoo which made my hair limp. Not with this! I spray this on my hair whilst damp and then blow dry it, leaving me with bouncy and volumized hair, absolutely no crunch or stickiness. My hair is naturally quite thick and many products I spray on end up making it turn frizzy. This didn't do that. Also didn't cause my scalp to itch. Gave my hair good hold, almost like a strong styling spray, and held this effect until I washed it out the next day. Will re-purchase, even if it is just something I will use occasionally.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bumble and bumble's thickening spray reminded me of old-fashioned hairspray when I first saw it in one of my subs so I was hesitant to use it. I run from hair spray products like they're the plaque. But-knowing how much I really like this brand's products, I decided to give the product a shot. So glad I did.
Simple concept-spray onto hair, then blow-dry. Except I prefer to spray into the palm of my hand, then apply to roots all over. Two sprays is more than enough for my chin-length, fine, bleached hair. In fact, one spray is probably enough. I am amazed at the volume this product gives my fine hair. After styling with heat, I have this full head of hair that I actually have to tone down a bit.
Slight hair spray smell that dissipates quickly. The effect lasts until my next shampoo which is a major plus for my lazy tendencies. I can curl, use a flat iron-choice is mine, and I still have volume.
No damage to my hair, another plus. Only complaint I have is that I am forced to use a shine product after styling because this product leaves my hair without any shine effect. That's easy enough to fix. No flaking or itching. Overall a winner for me that I consider a staple now in my hair sundries.

on 7/16/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this looking for something I could take traveling with me and it worked perfectly. It was $10 for a 2 ounce bottle - perfect for travel. If that isn't enough there is an 8 ounce bottle for $28. The product itself worked fabulously, leaving me wonderfully soft hair with good volume after styling. The only complaint that I have is that it did cause a few small tangles so I would recommend using a conditioning spray after. Although it is not my go-to styling product, I would recommend it.

on 11/29/2016 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't repurchase products unless I am absolutely in love with them and I think they are the best of their category on the market, and this one was very nice to use, but didn't make it into my holy grails.
I use this as a regular hair spray and not as a thickening spray or for blow drying. I like it quite a lot since it has an almost gel-like feel to it, like a liquid gel in a spray bottle. The scent is somewhat strong, but I can live with it. I could imagine people sensitive to smells wouldn't like it.

Pro:
- holds hairstyles like buns and ponytails in place
- pump spray container is environment friendlier than aerosol can
- cruelty free

Con:
- pricetag

on 1/26/2016 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Once I found a way to use this that worked for me (thanks to a MUA review here) I like this better than I did but I still won't repurchase because I have found better products for my hair. I usually like the BnB line, and was curious to try this since my hair is medium length, naturally wavy (I blow out with round brush), but fine textured. When I sprayed this directly onto my damp hair, even sparingly, it was sticky and unmanageable.
Thanks to a tip on MUA, I tried spraying it in my palm and rubbing my hands together, then working it into my roots and downwards. This seems to work better for me, personally, and my hair seems thicker and 'bigger.' I don't like that this doesn't hold a style, though, nor the price for what it is....and will not repurchase. I like Living Proof's blow out spray better overall.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I recently got my hair cut into a long bob, and needed something to thicken my hair. For me, my hair is quite thin up the top and when I apply the product before I blow dry it. It does seem to make my hair thicker but I wouldn't say that it gives volume. I got it in the small bottle, and it seems to have quite a lot of use as you only do a few sprays. But I would definitely get another product that gives volume to go on top.

on 11/22/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This spray does actually thicken my hair. I use it layered with styling spray (Living Proof No Frizz) and this combination seems to work well. I spray No Frizz pretty liberally and then add a few spritzes of Bumble and Bumble, not much, just one underneath and one on top (I don't spray it on the roots). Then I let my hair air dry overnight. In the morning, my hair is a bit stiff but simply brushing through it is all that's necessary to get through the crunchiness. I then use a curling iron to create loose waves that I then gently brush through just once so I don't lose the definition. This spray definitely adds some heft to my strands, making it seem thicker and more voluminous. However, it doesn't have any hold, hence the styling spray. The thickness stays in place all day, as do the waves (I do add some flexible hold hairspray on the finished style for hold) and they usually are good for a 2nd day as well. I don't use much of the thickening spray at all because it can get sticky if you use too much. It does smell like alcohol, which is unpleasant, but the scent dissipates quickly so it doesn't really bother me. I used this spray years ago and liked it but I understand that BB changed the formula and it now says "hairspray". I wouldn't attempt using this spray by itself because I really need hold (my hair is very curl resistant) and of the two products, I definitely use more of the styling spray. But adding just a little of this product does thicken my hair and overall I'm pleased with the results. I only wish it weren't so stiff, but like I said, once I brush through my hair once, the stiffness is gone. So I'm giving this thickening product four lippies because it does work pretty well for me. Once you realize how little you need, I think you'll be pleased with this product as well. At this rate, this bottle will last a long time. I also don't need to use more if I decide to curl my hair on the 2nd or 3rd day. The effects are good until I wash it out. It does shampoo out cleanly, leaving no residue and I haven't had an issue with it drying my hair out. I do use the BB Invisible Oil Primer, so that may be supplying the additional dose of moisture I need to keep my hair from looking and feeling dry. Because I don't blow dry my hair, I can't say how this works if you decide to style your hair that way. But I do think the effects are heat activated because once my hair is curled, it definitely looks thicker than it does prior to styling. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results I've gotten with the spray. I think it would work well for those with fine hair (mine's medium textured) as long as you're really economical with the amount you spray. I'm always happy when a product lives up to its claims so I'm happy with this purchase. The last thing I want is to have to return this product to Sephora, where I always get dirty looks when I return things. I've only used this spray a couple of times, but so far, it works well for me. I did pay attention to the reviews that urged using it sparingly, which was good advice. If you want thicker looking hair, I definitely recommend trying this product.

on 6/23/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wouw this is very drying for my shoulder length fine hair! For a product this expensive it is really really bad quality. The second ingredient is Alcohol, so I could have known.
It gives my hair a little bit volume and texture, but that is because the spray dries out my silky hair so much (lifting because of the dryness).
It is recommended by my also very expensive hairdresser, do they even read the labels of the products they sell, they really don't know/learn anything about ingredients in products...

on 5/8/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Use sparingly! I usually apply 1-2 sprays for my chin-length hair, which is plenty, and spray while I'm combing out damp hair. It adds some texture and thickness, but doesn't do as much for holding a style, so rather than overloading on product, I wouldn't try to use this in combination with a lot of styling. It works fine for what I need, and since a little goes a long way, tends to last a while.

on 4/6/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have never purchased this but my friend keeps giving this to me as a gift. At first I loved it because I have fine, limp hair that definitely needs some oompf. I have used this enough to know that too much is a b-a-d thing. I spritz this in the roots of my crown --- just 1-2 sprays -- and I have volume and I guess, thickening. Any more than that and my hair feels super dirty and too difficult to style. So, final verdict -- this works awesome, but use it in small doses and it will last forever.

Popular Styling Products