Estee Lauder bronzer-goddess

bronzer-goddessEstee Lauder Bronzer on cheeks, nose and crease

4.6

on 9/21/2017 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this just before I went on holiday with the intention of putting it all over my face instead of wearing foundation.

It looks amazing even now I'm back in my rainy hometown, my foundation is slightly too light for my skin so I cover my face in this and it adds a subtle glowy bronzy look to my face without looking orange or patchy.

I purchased the shade 'Light' but if I was to use this as a bronzer just for my cheeks I would purchase the medium one; the good thing is is that it is build able so if I do want to slightly contour my cheeks I would add a few layers of this.

I also use this on my eye-lids for everyday for a subtle shadow around my eyes and blends perfectly.

The packaging is nice and bronzer is quite big so it's value for money, the mirror is handy too. I wouldn't suggest using the bronzer brush that comes with it though, stick to a regular bronzing brush.

Would recommend this especially for any holidays coming up!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This one is for sure my favorite bronzer! Is not too orange and it does the trick!! Also i love the packaging!

on 11/28/2012 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been using Bronze Goddess by EL for 10 years... Maybe longer.

I have used the loose and the pressed. I stick with the pressed to use as an option for blush on my face during winter months. My skin is fair but warm based so this blends wonderfully with my skin tone. During the summer the loose powder is fantastic on my arms and upper chest area when I don't want to get a tan the natural way. I like the gentle glow and it stays on me not on my clothes. Well... lets just say I do not put this on while wearing a white top.

EL is pricey that would be my only con everything is great in this bronzer.

Pros
Works great with my now dry skin (i used to have oily combo skin and this worked fine then too)
does not change color. Some bronzers turn yellow orange when they mixes with the oils in your skin. This does not. Stays true to color.
Colors lasts (I would say it is almost an extended wear of color)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

High marks for the texture, for the staying power, for the compact and the brush but I gave mine away, the one colour it came in was too dark for me but I'm quite pale so I'm not taking marks off for that. In Estee foundation I'm a 1N2 Desert Beige right now in high summer. I'm a pale warm redhead with ivory skin and freckles if that helps.

Anyone above a NW or NC 20 should enjoy this just fine. I found it nicely matte, no sparkles or shimmery bits which I prefer not to have in a bronzer. And this is NOT orangey. It's very neutral if you can call a bronzer that. Just too dark for me, even applied with the lightest touch.

I think the compact is lovely but a bit too big, but loads of product, and you should use it with a fairly light hand so costwise it's good. I loved the brush it came with. Estee L is great with the blush and bronzer brushes they include.

It looks like they finally make these in more than one shade so I may try the light shade and see if it works, but the new compact doesn't come with a brush. Mine, that I'm basing this review on looks like the picture above but the Estee L site shows a different one without the brush.

on 10/21/2016 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have the old matte one use it when I was subtle. Which isn't very often ha

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had comedons AFTER USING THIS PRODUCT. I have very oily acne prone skin...also i found it orangish

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great bronzer! Very big at 21g! Good price ($40 CDN). It is a nice non orangy bronze. Will repurchase!

on 1/5/2012 5:23:00 AM

Love this. Perfect for light skins; it is sheer, easy to layer, foolproof.

Good natural bronze tone without any orange. Great also for contouring. No shimmer.

on 2/13/2012 2:17:00 PM

Best bronzer I have ever used!! Its long lasting and a great shade for my very fair skin, not orange at all. I think it has the perfect amount of shimmer also. Despite being a little on the pricey side, there is a lot of product, and I would repurchase!

on 9/30/2012 6:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I continually search for bronzers that do not look orange on my fair complexion,or oxidize after a couple of hours. This fits the bill beautifully! It is in a lovely huge compact (that lasts for ages) and is a very pretty shade on the skin. Really warms up my face without looking dirty.
I have the "soft shimmer" version, as I like a little shimmer...but it is by no means over the top sparkly,just nice and glowy. Very lightweight, buildable colour that stays true all day. A must for all seasons for me! Highly recommended.