64%
package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

Love the smell and the shea butter.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

1.0

8 years ago

This product is horrible. I got this off hautelook when they were having a sale on carols daughter bath items and decided to try this scent. This is super thick and greasy and never settled into my skin. The smell of this reminds me of playdoh which is gross. I felt so greasy but I decided to sleep in it and see how my skin felt in the morning. I woke up and my sheets has a film where I laid down to sleep from this crap. The -worst- part of this was that after I washed my pajamas that next day and sheets they had the nastiest smell ever from this! The oils were still trapped in the fabric and it drove me nuts because the smell reminded me of like an old musty drawer if that makes any sense. This is the worst body lotion I have ever tried. My skin felt no different just greasy and I've had to wash my sheets multiple times. I definitely gave this away after that.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

omg I love this. The smell is heavenly, and when i put this on, it moisturizes my skin so well, and all day. It is not greasy at all, and my daughter even asked me last night after I applied thsi all over my body. "Mom, what is that that smells so good?" MMMMmmm..definatley gonna get more!

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

9 years ago

I liked the perfume, so I bought the Ecstasy Shea Souffle. Have to say I'm rather disappointed. "Souffle" suggests light and fluffy, however in the tub, this has the texture of, and looks like...lard. It's hard, which makes it difficult to spread and rub in, and on my dry skin, it left a greasy feeling, which eventually went away (can't dress immediately after application), and was unpleasant to rub in. I didn't get much scent from it, so it really didn't help me layer my fragrance. For those that like "green" products, this is ok,and shea butter lovers will probably like it. I won't repurchase. Many others out there that are better for less money.

About reviewer (507 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

10 years ago

I love L'occitaine products and it is mostly the shea in them that moisturizes me and I emjoy. Oneday I was in Hearald square at the Macy's and I saw a small section that carried tubs of cream. I later learned that a woman started out by making these lotions in her basement in Brooklyn. Well that was interesting how she started but the creams like the souffle use up to 80% shea in (which are like a huge amount compared to what L'occitaine uses, if you like shea butter) Not only that but the smell (ecstasy) was something I've never experienced. They used such ingreduents as macademioa and sweet almondd. This is a cheaper alternative to L'occitaine and the products seem to have more organic like ingredients! At least this was before she hit the Sephora counters!!

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

Ture Blue makes a scentless body cream with shea butter. I love it, but it is $16.00 for 8 ounces and it doesn't last long because it has the consistency of a thick lotion. I searched high at low for an equivalent with a creamy consistency with no silicones, beeswax, fragrance, etc.. I happened upon this at SEPHORA. It stinks going on but the scent quickly fades and it becomes exactly what I want, a scentless, greaseless, odorless (or light odor) body cream. It is $30.00 for 16 ounces but it is think and not greasy so it is worth it. It also moisturizes the whole day.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

from

10 years ago

I just received some Carol's Daughter products for Christmas, and I tried the Ecstacy souffle last night before bed. I really enjoy the consistency...quite thick yet easily absorbed, and not greasy feeling at all. The scent is pretty, but a bit different than I had expected after reading the description of it. It is subtle, which is perfect to me. I like to enjoy a pretty scent when applying body products, but do not like the scent to overpower any fragrance I might use. I am more than satisfied with this, and hope that it's an indication of other Carol's Daughter products, which I have yet to try.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBrown

10 years ago

The scent for this is wonderfully sweet, and luckily for me it stays true once applied to my skin and has decent staying power. It moisturizes well, but I've found it works best on damp skin. When applying it to dry skin it goes on much thicker, takes more effort to work it in, and sometimes feels heavy. The #1 thing deterring me from purchasing this product again is the packaging. This product is much better suited for a tube than a tub.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

12 years ago

I am really surprised by the negative reviews for this product. I love this stuff. It's super moisturizing, non-greasy and the scent lasts all day.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark

HairBlack

3.0

12 years ago

While it smells wonderful in the bottle, on my skin it started to smell slightly like play-doh. I might exchange this for only the perfume, as its a better choice for me than groove. The texture is heavenly for my skin now that it is almost winter, and it is very mosturizing. Luckily, the scent does not last very long.

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

Age19-24