Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

4.5

on 9/24/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this because I needed a good shimmery white shadow. I actually really like this, considering the price (only around $3-$4).

STAYING POWER. Because this was a loose powder, I was questioning the staying ability, however, it stays on pretty well! I cover my lid with a white liner and then apply this over it, and the shimmer kind of sinks into the liner. I found it wouldn't stay in the inner corner though- I use it on my lids.

COLOR. I really like the color- it's really good to brighten up my eyes! It's too sparkly to use as a highlight under my brow- I use a matte white for that.

PACKAGING. The packaging is neutral- nothing bad.

This is a pretty good product. It's fun to blend on my lids (sometimes I use a brush, sometimes my ring finger).

on 12/4/2008 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really envy the ladies in the US who can get great deals on make up that we don't seem to get in Canada. I pay $6.99 for these and while I don't think it's expensive, it seems pricey when I see other reviewers buying it for $4 or less!

In any case, I have only purchased it in the dark purple shade called Release. It's not that dark and it's more of a dark lilac and a bit smokey. I absolutely love it and I must be on my third tube already. The applicator is great. I was a bit worried that the shadow would be messy since I'm not a fan of loose powder especially after having used Cargo's loose eyeshadow from the Cargo Eye Shimmer collection (terribly messy). However, this Prestige eyeshadow is not messy at all and it goes on very well. If I ever use just one eyeshadow colour on my whole eye, it's definitely this colour (usually I wear two or three eyeshadow colours combined). It's extremely flaterring on my brown eyes with dark hair.

The only problem I ever had was when I was in Florida three months ago. The eyeshadow creased like crazy by the end of the day. But then again I thought Florida was too hot for me (I had a heat rash too!) and I was out literally all day (including the freakin hot afternoons). Then I tried using a light beige eyeshadow as a primer for the Prestige colour and it helped a lot (much less creasing in Florida). It hasn't creased up here in Toronto yet.