Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

on 12/4/2008 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really envy the ladies in the US who can get great deals on make up that we don't seem to get in Canada. I pay $6.99 for these and while I don't think it's expensive, it seems pricey when I see other reviewers buying it for $4 or less!

In any case, I have only purchased it in the dark purple shade called Release. It's not that dark and it's more of a dark lilac and a bit smokey. I absolutely love it and I must be on my third tube already. The applicator is great. I was a bit worried that the shadow would be messy since I'm not a fan of loose powder especially after having used Cargo's loose eyeshadow from the Cargo Eye Shimmer collection (terribly messy). However, this Prestige eyeshadow is not messy at all and it goes on very well. If I ever use just one eyeshadow colour on my whole eye, it's definitely this colour (usually I wear two or three eyeshadow colours combined). It's extremely flaterring on my brown eyes with dark hair.

The only problem I ever had was when I was in Florida three months ago. The eyeshadow creased like crazy by the end of the day. But then again I thought Florida was too hot for me (I had a heat rash too!) and I was out literally all day (including the freakin hot afternoons). Then I tried using a light beige eyeshadow as a primer for the Prestige colour and it helped a lot (much less creasing in Florida). It hasn't creased up here in Toronto yet.

This is a good loose shimmery eyeshadow. It has enough pigment to actually show up on the skin - I bought the golden pink shade. It lasts all day and it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to try the other shades : )

on 3/4/2007 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in the Strut shade and I really like it. I use it on the inside/underneath my eyes with their Indigo eyeshadow and it really highlights my greeny-grey-blue eyes (I still haven't pinned down what you call my eyecolour - it depends on the light and the eyeshadow!!). Stays on well and nice to apply, good applicator shape. I recommend totally, I may try their other shades soon too.