Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

3.8

on 2/19/2007 12:19:00 AM

This review is specifically for 'jump' a great pale pink/champagne highliter. The packaging was the initial draw for me as it's so compact, takes up no room and stays clean in my MU bag. Great for touch-ups as well as normal use, I usually draw an arc above my cheekbone, a thin line under the brows, and a little by each tear duct, suprisingly the sponge tip applicator does this all effortlessly. IMO it looks like Benefit Highbeam once applied, only it's in powder form, travels VERY well, and is dirt cheap.

on 1/14/2009 9:03:00 AM

I got this at Walgreens for $1.29 (they are getting rid of the Prestige line?)
The color I picked is "Flip" which is a mid toned, muted, shimmery green. Sort of a mossy gold green. For a loose shadow, it is very neat to use, the wand is a sponge tip applicator, and the shadow stays on the wand, it doesn't drip all over your cheeks when you are applying.
I just smudged it all around my eyes and it looks great, no fuss.

The container is small, it doesn't seem like it would hold alot, but I am already kicking myself for not grabbing more of this one and some other colors for such a low price. I definitely see another trip to Walgreens in my very near future.....

got jump on a whim with a bogo at ulta, ended up liking it more than the product i initially purchased. i highlight the very tip of my nose and just under my bottom lip all the time and this is perfect if i just wipe a bit on and smudge it in a bit, fantastic and really easy for touch-ups too. kinda wish i'd found this sooner. perfect color, great finish/texture, dead cheap, easy to travel and apply for the use i wanted it for.

on 4/19/2006 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After spending $40 on Chanel's riverlight, I am kicking myself. I bought this in the aqua and the light pink and they are so beautiful and they are very finely milled for a $5 product - my only issue is with the packaging. It has a wand and when the product runs out (it will be soon) I will have no way of getting the bit out at the bottom. The container is TINY. I will enjoy this while it lasts. The colors are all gorgeous - I'm going to hunt down the green next. Edit: Hunted down and found the green. I must STOCK UP on this find! Layered on top of Stila Kitten, the aqua is gorgeous and it lasted all day. The green is beautiful too!!! Yay!!

on 4/18/2006 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Seeing as Prestige's single e/s are some of my faves, I had to give these a shot. After trying out a few testers, I've collected 5 so far and I'll probably pick up a few more when a sale comes along... These are fun little loose e/s in containers that look like little ink wells. Inside is a sponge tip that dips into the loose e/s and it does a pretty good job of application and is seemingly less messy than those other loose e/s with the brush tips. What I like about these is they actually do have staying power as well and have something in them to help them stick. I originally just saw 6-8? colours but I'm starting to see more and they appear to be part of the permanent collection and not just seasonal items. They're being put now where the disc'd Vinylwear l/g once were... (in Canada anyways).

I have Flip (light gold khaki shimmer), Show Off (kiwi/green apple shimmer). Frolick (light aqua shimmer), Prance (lilac shimmer) and Thrill (med. sky blue with gold shimmer). I'm finding for the most part, the colour of the container is a good indication of what you'll get! I'd still love to pick up a few more... there's also an off white, a silver, a pink with gold, a bronze, a greyed mauve...

I'm finding them for $6.99 in Canada. I'm trying to resist buying more until a BOGO deal comes out... I think I'm going to want them all. Very handy, great for travel too!
Edit: I had to add the Pink and the pale creamy pink/ivory to my colletion too. BTW, if and when they do run out, I'm thinking you can probably pry out the plastic insert and fill it with a pigment of your choosing (I did this with my Lise Watier one...) EDIT to add I just got 'Excite' which is a gorgeous silvery taupe. This might be my favorite. Lasted all day too.

Love this! In the past, I tried similar shadows with a built in brush and found that it made a mess, but this hasn't happened with the Prestige brand. The applicator seems to pick up just the right amount of product, so no mess under my eyes! I purchased "Excite" which is a pewter/silvery taupe color. It's gorgeous! I have been hunting for a color just like this and have a tough time finding one that isn't plain silver, not too brown, and not too dark. It's amazing! This is a good color on its own for a daytime look, or great with a darker color to create a smokey look. I'll definitely be repurchasing and stocking up on some backups since I like the color so much. The shimmer is absolutely gorgeous. I'd highly recommend it! I can't say anything bad about it.

Note: I notice that the color shows up a lot more when testing on my hand and isn't AS visible on my lids, so I have to layer it up to get enough color. I don't consider this a big issue though and still rate it a 5. I'd rather have to layer some on than have a messy applicator that drops shadow all over the place (this has happened to me with other similar products by other brands).

on 12/4/2008 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really envy the ladies in the US who can get great deals on make up that we don't seem to get in Canada. I pay $6.99 for these and while I don't think it's expensive, it seems pricey when I see other reviewers buying it for $4 or less!

In any case, I have only purchased it in the dark purple shade called Release. It's not that dark and it's more of a dark lilac and a bit smokey. I absolutely love it and I must be on my third tube already. The applicator is great. I was a bit worried that the shadow would be messy since I'm not a fan of loose powder especially after having used Cargo's loose eyeshadow from the Cargo Eye Shimmer collection (terribly messy). However, this Prestige eyeshadow is not messy at all and it goes on very well. If I ever use just one eyeshadow colour on my whole eye, it's definitely this colour (usually I wear two or three eyeshadow colours combined). It's extremely flaterring on my brown eyes with dark hair.

The only problem I ever had was when I was in Florida three months ago. The eyeshadow creased like crazy by the end of the day. But then again I thought Florida was too hot for me (I had a heat rash too!) and I was out literally all day (including the freakin hot afternoons). Then I tried using a light beige eyeshadow as a primer for the Prestige colour and it helped a lot (much less creasing in Florida). It hasn't creased up here in Toronto yet.

on 9/2/2007 3:54:00 PM

I bought four of these on a whim. The colors were so pretty. :P

Frolic: Pretty goldish green. Looks nice with my superdark eyes. Would repurchace.

Bounce: Pink with gold shimmer. May repurchase.

Release: Cooler-toned lilac. A bit light in color once applied, also didn't last long.

Thrill: Crazy bright blue--super super bright in comparision to the other three shades. Lasts FOREVER, too. I fell asleep in this stuff, and it was still there next morning. :P

I bought this in PS-03 Show Off, a lovely light green color. The sponge applicator worked really well, and the color was very pigmented and bright. It went on really easily. There is a lot of pretty shimmer, which I like. The bottle is very small, which is not great at $5, but Walgreens had a buy one get on half off sale, so if you can get it on sale its worth it. I will be buying other colors, when I can get them on sale. It managed not to crease for about 6 hours, which is the average time most shadows stay on me. There was only a little bit though, at the end of the day it still looked pretty good.

This is a good loose shimmery eyeshadow. It has enough pigment to actually show up on the skin - I bought the golden pink shade. It lasts all day and it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to try the other shades : )