Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

Prestige Let Loose Shimmering Shadow Dust

3.8

on 4/18/2006 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Seeing as Prestige's single e/s are some of my faves, I had to give these a shot. After trying out a few testers, I've collected 5 so far and I'll probably pick up a few more when a sale comes along... These are fun little loose e/s in containers that look like little ink wells. Inside is a sponge tip that dips into the loose e/s and it does a pretty good job of application and is seemingly less messy than those other loose e/s with the brush tips. What I like about these is they actually do have staying power as well and have something in them to help them stick. I originally just saw 6-8? colours but I'm starting to see more and they appear to be part of the permanent collection and not just seasonal items. They're being put now where the disc'd Vinylwear l/g once were... (in Canada anyways).

I have Flip (light gold khaki shimmer), Show Off (kiwi/green apple shimmer). Frolick (light aqua shimmer), Prance (lilac shimmer) and Thrill (med. sky blue with gold shimmer). I'm finding for the most part, the colour of the container is a good indication of what you'll get! I'd still love to pick up a few more... there's also an off white, a silver, a pink with gold, a bronze, a greyed mauve...

I'm finding them for $6.99 in Canada. I'm trying to resist buying more until a BOGO deal comes out... I think I'm going to want them all. Very handy, great for travel too!
Edit: I had to add the Pink and the pale creamy pink/ivory to my colletion too. BTW, if and when they do run out, I'm thinking you can probably pry out the plastic insert and fill it with a pigment of your choosing (I did this with my Lise Watier one...) EDIT to add I just got 'Excite' which is a gorgeous silvery taupe. This might be my favorite. Lasted all day too.

on 4/19/2006 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After spending $40 on Chanel's riverlight, I am kicking myself. I bought this in the aqua and the light pink and they are so beautiful and they are very finely milled for a $5 product - my only issue is with the packaging. It has a wand and when the product runs out (it will be soon) I will have no way of getting the bit out at the bottom. The container is TINY. I will enjoy this while it lasts. The colors are all gorgeous - I'm going to hunt down the green next. Edit: Hunted down and found the green. I must STOCK UP on this find! Layered on top of Stila Kitten, the aqua is gorgeous and it lasted all day. The green is beautiful too!!! Yay!!

i saw these while i was @ walgreens the other day, and they caught my eye. they look like those maybelline / wet n' wild liquid e/l bottles, but instead it's shadow. when you take the top off there's a sponge applicator tip, which seems to do a good job @ applying the shadow. the only downfall is that it doesn't look like there's much product and that was disappointing seeing since i payed $4.99 for this. i bought this stuff in PS-04, jump. the bottle is a shimmery ivory / palest pink color but the actual shadow itself is just shimmer. it would make an excellent highlighter. i'm planning on buying and trying out the other colors that they have.

on 7/28/2006 11:14:00 PM

These are very small containers of pigments with sponge applicator tips. The pigment is contained in a small pot with a narrow top and a stopper to prevent spillage. They sell for about $5 per, but as a previous reviewer said the pot is very small and contains a tiny amount of product.

Unfortunately, I find the packaging too difficlt to work with. The sponge applicator doesn't seem to allow me to blend very well. I was able to pull some pigment out with a narrow tipped brush, and found that the pigment was super rich, fine and shimmery. I got a teal color that was a super pretty blue, and a deep sort of kahki green w/shimmer--both were pretty. This may well be a great product trapped in a bad package.

Maybe someone smarter than I can figure out how to break these poor pigments free so we can really get at them. At that point, I'll change my review. For the present, I won't be re-buying.
continued >>

i have this in PS-04 "jump" which is a very very VERY light champagne color with lots of shimmer. the packaging looks like that of a liquid liner bottle but when you take out the cap the end has a sponge tip applicator with lots of product on it. i hate sponge applicators but this one actually does a nice job of applying color evenly. the price kind of irked me ($4.99 @ my local walgreen's for a net wt. of .02oz / .75g) so i took off one lippie for that. but other than that, i love this stuff. i will try other colors soon...

Lasts all day long...don't buy if you don't want shimmer, there's a lot of it. I have a champagne/gold color that goes well against my dark skin. I wore it to work and helps me look alive. Can't beat the price!

got jump on a whim with a bogo at ulta, ended up liking it more than the product i initially purchased. i highlight the very tip of my nose and just under my bottom lip all the time and this is perfect if i just wipe a bit on and smudge it in a bit, fantastic and really easy for touch-ups too. kinda wish i'd found this sooner. perfect color, great finish/texture, dead cheap, easy to travel and apply for the use i wanted it for.

on 2/19/2007 12:19:00 AM

This review is specifically for 'jump' a great pale pink/champagne highliter. The packaging was the initial draw for me as it's so compact, takes up no room and stays clean in my MU bag. Great for touch-ups as well as normal use, I usually draw an arc above my cheekbone, a thin line under the brows, and a little by each tear duct, suprisingly the sponge tip applicator does this all effortlessly. IMO it looks like Benefit Highbeam once applied, only it's in powder form, travels VERY well, and is dirt cheap.

on 3/4/2007 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in the Strut shade and I really like it. I use it on the inside/underneath my eyes with their Indigo eyeshadow and it really highlights my greeny-grey-blue eyes (I still haven't pinned down what you call my eyecolour - it depends on the light and the eyeshadow!!). Stays on well and nice to apply, good applicator shape. I recommend totally, I may try their other shades soon too.

This is a good loose shimmery eyeshadow. It has enough pigment to actually show up on the skin - I bought the golden pink shade. It lasts all day and it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to try the other shades : )