La Roche-Posay Toleriane-Corrective Fluid Foundation

La Roche-Posay Toleriane-Corrective Fluid Foundation
Toleriane-Corrective Fluid FoundationToleriane-Corrective Fluid Foundation

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE PENTYLENE GLYCOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE MAY ALSO CONTAIN: CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77499 CI 77492 CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES

on 9/18/2018 12:18:00 PM

There are two positive things about this foundation: it does have a high-ish coverage and it doesn't irritate skin at all. On the negative side it has an abysmal shade range of just 4 colors that are more neutral leaning than anything, for people with warm undertones or more pigmented skin there are no options. The foundation also doesn't look natural on skin, there are enough full coverage foundations that don't allow for the flat contour-less look, it tends to break up quickly and creases instantly, and clings to every dry bit of skin, primers don't help much.

on 12/13/2017 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

At first I liked this foundation, but it was terrible for my skin. Great coverage, hid my rosacea well. It was a bit hard to spread evenly, and was quite tacky. I found it sat on my pores and after a while it started to separate, and made my face really oily and aggravated my papular rosacea (made my skin break out in more papules). I’m sticking to Clinique.
For reference, I used the lightest colour 10 which had quite a yellow tone. My skin is fair/medium on the fair side. I’d say cool due to my rocacea because it makes my skin look pink but before I used to have a slight yellow undertone. To help with colour selection, the foundations that suit my skin are: Clinique Superfit 05 Neutral, Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 03 Ivory, and Clinique Stay True in Stay Ivory.

on 9/4/2017 1:15:00 PM

I bought this in a final attempt at anything that wouldn't irritate my skin and having found that the toleraine moisturiser was good. I'm in my 40s, and have perioral dermatitis (kind of acne and rosacea together: not accurate but the best I can describe!) This definitely didn't break me out, but it was really thick and difficult to move around my face - It dried really fast. Midday it started to noticeably separate. I tried it for two days and chucked it in the bin.

on 3/22/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What I like the most about this foundation is the coverage, the ease of application and the fact that it's affect my skin in any way.
What I dislike is the poor color selection - I bought No10 and still have to mix with white shade adjusting drops.
I find that the less I use with this foundation the better it turns out; a bit too much and it will settle into the pores, look unnatural and slide off throughout the day.
The finish is semi-matte, doesn't really control oil but doesn't look shiny on its own either. The packaging allows great control in the amount you need to squeeze and price is fair. Still not my ideal foundation but has quite a few merits in my book.

on 1/17/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Recommended by my dermatologist as suitable for people with acne-prone skin ... and I'm delighted to say it is!

The colour range is not the best but used with a little blusher this can be remedied.

I've tried a number of others foundations but I keep on coming back to this one. The price is alright and the tube means it's easy to access and feels clean to use,

Sticking with it until I find something better ...

on 9/7/2015 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I bought this in a moment of desperation when I needed something that would provide coverage without further irritating my acne-prone skin. By that metric, this foundation is a success: my skin doesn't react negatively to it, and it does certainly cover things up. Plus, it's got SPF, which is always welcome. And it's not at all expensive in France, where I live.

The downside of this foundation is that, while it provides coverage, it doesn't exactly look amazing. Going on, it has an oily sheen, leaving my already-oily skin looking shiny from the get-go. (And that's even if my skin is not looking oily at the moment. After putting it this on, shine is guaranteed.) Not powdering on top is not an option with this foundation. It's also pretty thick, and doesn't look natural at all; it's immediately obvious that I'm wearing makeup, and I have to work to make sure my face doesn't end up looking like I've got a mask on.

It doesn't help that there are very few colours to choose from and mine isn't the greatest match--but, to be fair, I'm not going to judge a pharmacy brand very harshly for not offering a colour selection on the scale of high-end makeup companies.

So it's a nice product if you're looking for a very basic foundation that does no harm. If you're looking for cosmetic perfection, though, this might not be the best bet.

on 8/18/2015 8:29:00 AM

No me gusta para nada, mi piel es super grasosa con tendencia al acn y esta base es muy pesada y se siente grasosa la cara, no encontr para mi color de piel, la ms clara es muy obscura, no la comprara de nuevo, lo use tres veces y regale el producto

all my life i`ve been searching for the right foundation.I tried more than 20-25 different foundations and I always had to mix them because my skin has a bit of yellow, but is really light, and in my country most of the people have pink or darker undertones. I had nodules and cysts the last 6months (before that I never had problems with my skin and I am 20years old, except that its too dry).. So i tried the avene and vichy foundations, but they were too heavy and dry, maybe if u have oily skin they are better, but on my skin they look terrible........I tried the sticks too, but they suck, as I said my skin is dry and they look really cakey on it. So 2 montha ago I decided to try that foundation and I didnt expected nothing special but..... It`s amazing!!!!! Any make up stays at least 6hours on my really dry skin, but this one gets better and better with the hours lol..My skin is a bit lifeless haha without sebum , its dull, but after 3-4hours my skin looks amazing.. I used it while I had cysts and it didnt brake me out, I continue using it and now I use a hydrating ,brightening and smoothing primer,then I apply a bit of that magic,after that I use a combination of sephora's really light creamy concealer and the studio finish concealer of mac in dark shade on my blue and red spots, then I use a very little bit of powder to blend it all and its amazing....stays more than 10hours, looks better and better and I feel really comfortable with it.. I recommend it!!!!!!!! if you have dry skin without blackheads, sebum and now u have cysts because of stupid doctors, its the best choice.It covers, but doesnt look like a mask ( like vichy`s and aven` do) and doesnt dry more the skin

on 9/6/2013 3:44:00 PM

I really like this foundation! But you have to be very gentle with your fingers when you apply this. The only negative is that I have to mix two colours.

on 9/5/2013 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

(This is a first impression review, I have only had my new foundation for 3 days, but will update along the way! )

I have NC/NW 15 skin during winter. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation all over my face, along with extremely acneprone skin (I've been on Accutane 3 times).

I was looking for something with more coverage then my old favorite Vichy Normateint for oily skin... I can't use foundations all over my face cause they usually always have broken me out, but I use them to conceal certain areas, like around the mouth, on spots, on the nose and around it. The Vichy foundation is good but really light coverage. Still a trusted brand for us who really suffer with skin problems.... La Roche posay is also a trusted pharmacy brand.

Here are my pros and cons (will update):

Pros:

- high coverage!
- evens out enlarged pores and hides acne, hyperpigmentations etc.
- reliable brand for sensitive skin
- spf 25
- available at bigger pharmacys
- overcoming price

Cons:

- the shade 10 Ivory is just a little too dark for me. It's darker and more pink than the Vichy ivory, that is more white-yellow. Cause I have a lot of redness I hope that it still will cover it....

- I've realized that I can stand cyclopentasiloxane, but Dimethicone usually breaks me out, so I hope this won't cause me breakouts.