L.A. Looks Styling Gel

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water; Glycerin; Propylene Glycol; VP/VA Copolymer; PVP; Carbomer; Hydroxypropylcellulose; Polyquaternium-7; Fragrance; PEG-90M; Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin; Oleth-20; Aminomethyl Propanol; PEG-75 Lanolin; Potassium Sorbate; Methylparaben; Diazolidinyl Urea; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone; Benzophenone-4.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the reviewer below me. Excellent product (I too use the dark blue one Sports something, hold 10). It is Curly Girl approved gives great volume and hold and from Suave to Ouidad & DevaCurl, this is the best gel I have used for my fine, wavy to curly hair. I apply mine at the crown for lift and work down. Then I follow with a curl cream mid-shaft down ( Deva Styling Cream - not the coconut one but the original) and diffuse for a bit. I love this cheap little gem.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Blue Sports gel & I love it! It isn't too crunchy, it is CG Method approved, the price is right (all of $1 on sale for a big bottle, normally $3), & easily available (at Kroger). It smells good too! (Yeah, I loved that review where it said it belongs in a 15 year old boy's room LOL) This stuff is amazing!! I'm sure this bottle will last awhile. It takes a couple of "blobs" in wet hair then SOTC/let it dry (that's "scrunch out the crunch" for those who may not know CG methods). I like to clip it w DevaCurl clips in the front while I do my MU & let it dry. #winning !!

I tried this stuff because I was thinking why not? Its cheap and everything so I found out after I used it, that I doesnt keep a hold after 2 hours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use this before and it does hold the hair and makes your hair hard .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

holds hair up but takes forever to wash off and will rip your hair out

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this gel. I used to have really long, frizzy curly hair but after donating it all to locks of love I was left with a frizzy pixie cut. I never used hair gels before until now. My hair was so frizzy and damaged looking that my mom made me wash my hair in the sink and after she used a hair dryer to dry it halfway she used my brother in laws hair gel and slicked it with this gel as well. After my hair was all the way dry she used some hairspray and once that dried she brushed my hair. Oh my god my short frizzy pixie went from uncontrollable to smooth and sleek! No frizz whatsoever! I bought this stuff immediately as it was only $1, and using this gel the way my mom did without the second gel it gives me the same results. I love this stuff!

Like many other reviewers, I use the blue "Sports" variety, after reading reviews on here and spotting this in a big queeze tube @ dollar tree for just $1 (obviously). I have naturally wavy, dry/damaged/frizzy hair, and most mousses leave it still frizzy and most gels don't hold. I usually just straighten it, but on days I want to get ready quickly, I like to scrunch it and let it air dry wavy. This really holds well and eliminates frizz. Sometimes I use too much and have too much of a "wet look", and I just scrunch out the crunch and I'm good to go! The only thing this doesn't do is add volume, but that's ok, it's still a great gel! I can't believe how inexpensive this is!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this gel for YEARS! I have naturally curly, frizzy, annoying hair. I've tried every hair gel that exists and then tried it all a second time paired with a second product that is just for the frizziness. I continue coming back to this. I put this in my hair while my hair is wet. My hair is just below my shoulders and thick. I use a golf ball sized amount, bend so that my head and hair are upside down, and then cover may hair root to tip front and back. I wrap my hair in a towel and go about the rest of my "getting ready" routine. Once I'm ready to go, I unwrap my hair, straighten my part and go. While my hair is drying, it does not look as though my curls are going to dry and be perfect, but they do every single time! No frizz. ..perfect curls...and lasts all day! The really cool thing about this product is that you can choose how "crunchy" or soft you want your hair. Once it has all dried, sometimes I discover that I used a bit too much and have some "crunchy" curls....All I have to do is work that piece of hair as if I was "crunching" it and it softens the gel. The curls last all day and even survive the night for a second day of excellent curl and shine. It's the biggest size bottle and still the cheapest. And on really good days, I can find it at the local dollar tree for a dollar!! This product is worth it's weight I gold....and I can sometimes find it for a dollar. Awesome!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I read the reviews on here after deciding it was time to give my hair a break from daily flat ironing. My hair was breaking, dry and dead on the ends... yeah. It needed to stop. So I began looking for a good gel, and I stumbled on this as a highly rated gel. I was hesitant to buy this, even though it's super cheap, because it said nothing about curls or scrunching (btw I got the sports gel, the blue one). I went out and bought it anyway and wow. I get COMPLIMENTS on my natural hair-- more than I ever did when I was straightening my hair. Not only does it make my hair look great and calms down the frizziness, it's alcohol free so I can just rinse my hair and it goes away (second day hair- yes please!).My friend uses the polish perfect one I believe and she loves it too. And the price- wow. $3 for a bottle that'll last forever. I love this stuff. If you are looking for a good gel to scrunch your hair to perfection, give this one a shot. For the price you can't go wrong.

I highly recommend the new LA Looks Polish Perfect gel (purple). I’ve been researching and trying products for years for my naturally curly hair to no avail. Go figure – the cheapest, impulse buy turns out to be the absolute best styling product I have ever used. It leaves my hair totally frizz free and shiny, and with soft clumped curls. Definitely Holy Grail!

Popular Styling Products