4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Amazing product! This is a really good toner for oily skin. I especially recommend it for breakouts. Occasionally I get a breakout on my face, those pimples that are big and red and deep. If I spot treat with this, the pimple disappears easily, usually by 80% or so. I don't know what this is, but it's magic! To me it's a bit pricey at $37 for 120 mL, but it's definitely worth it. Reversa is a great brand which is cruelty free and vegan.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I love this so, so much. If more people knew about this gem, it would be flying off the shelves. I've been using it for almost a decade and it never fails me. When I go through fickle periods of trying new things, my skin is just not the same and I come running back. I use it after cleanser and before moisturizer. It takes off any grungy residue left behind too. Pros -Not irritating at all. Not even a hint of redness. All other glycolic solutions irritate my skin -really prevents breakouts -fades acne scars noticeably faster -makes my skin smoother and more clear -oil-free -fragrance free Cons - The new bottle is horrible. It leaks at times and is hard to open. Easily solved of you transfer it -pricey You can find this in drugstores in Canada, but can likely buy it online for the US. It is an absolutely stellar product and I will faithfully use it until it's no longer available. It's one of the few things that makes a substantial difference to my skin without any breakouts or sensitivity. ♡

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I'm in love with this product. It works exactly how it's supposed to on my oily to normal, acne prone skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 years ago

This toner is love. It doesn't sting my skin like the Neostrata toners did. I used to get cystic acne on my chin that would never surface but was large and painful. It would stay for weeks. With this I have yet to get a new cystic bump. I also get flakes around my nose. I tried every scrub out there and moisturized like crazy but it would always stay. This toner has also entirely fixed this problem. I hope my skin never gets tired of it because this is HG status toner. New packaging is a very welcome change.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I bought this on a whim (for 34$ at Shoppers), and I'd like to say my money was well spent. My combination acne-prone skin can be sensitive /sometimes/, but it didn't tingle or burn, unless I had an open wound. I use it twice a day (for a bit more than a month now), and some blemishes have gone. I still have a lot, and this doesn't stop breakouts (especially around my menstrual cycle), but it helps calm them down later and keep them under control, and makes my complexion more even. It just takes a while to get rid of spots for me (around a week or more), especially because I have stubborn ones. By the way, the oil surfaces to your face, so you can either wash it off, or pat it off with a clean towel. Even though washing your face can dry it out, I still do it because I want to really make sure no oils are left. Also, don't go to sleep with this on your face because it usually takes the oils 1-2 hours or so to fully surface to your face, and you don't want them to sit there until you finally wake up. UPDATE I stopped using this because it turns out that my blemishes/red marks are going to take forever to go away. This did help give a nice glow and made my face look even, but it's not really doing anything in terms of acne fighting.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

8 years ago

I use it 2x a day and it keeps my acne under control! Plus, it evens out my complexion. I can go out, sans makeup and my skin glows. I used one bottle and switched back to my usual Neostrata and I got soo many breakouts. I tossed that cream and went back to this stuff and now my skin is glowing again. I follow up with Clinque Dramatically Different gel as a moisturizer and I'm good to go!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark

EyesBlack

8 years ago

i really really love this product i usually have acne and blackheads all over my face.. after i used this procduct it's start to gone one by one and the scars fades so fast!! this is really amazing! i don't know if i can live without this!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesBlack

3.0

8 years ago

I'm not really a fan of this product. I bought this for the summer because I thought it would be ideal for my oily skin but to my surprise my skin looked even oilier and my pores appeared larger over time. I'm not new to glycolic products so the effects of this stuff really caught me off guard. Even with small amounts I found my skin very shiny ..almost as though I just used a toner. I'm going back to using Neostrata's Level 3 lotion which is 10% glycolic acid. Overall the formulation of this product would be ideal for dry - normal skin. Oiler skin types beware even though it is formulated for oily skin types it does add a sheen to the skin.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan

8 years ago

And here we have my secret weapon in the fight against acne rosacea and skin wrinklies .. shocking, since sensitive-skinned types are theoretically not supposed to be able to tolerate glycolic acid. i suspect the time-release technology (which is lacking from the comparable Neostrata offering btw) helps my skin handle this. I've repurchased oh 5 or 6 times and will not go without this as my nightly treatment! It has alcohol, so if you're v. dry this might not be the best idea, but i'm normal to combo v. sensitive, acne-prone with rosacea (= fun), and it works great for me. LOVE.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I am a huge fan of the Revesa line. I thinks they offer great products at reasonable prices. After working in the beauty industry as a sales rep, I have pretty much tried everything out there. A self-confessed product whore, I am always looking for something "better" than what I am currently using. I faithfully use the cleanser and this solution from Reversa. I have sensitive mildly rosacea-type skin, and while I don't get huge acne zits, I get small little clogged bumps on my face. This solution gets rid of everything! I use it instead of a scrub exfoliator, and find it gentle enough to use several times a week. Muy usage varies depending on my skins behavior and the weather. I love it! It doesn't dry my skin, doesn't sting at all (maybe due to the time release?) and gives me a gentle yet effective exfoliation. My only criticism is that Reversa packaging can be hit or miss sometimes. Some bottles leaks when i travel with it. Other than that, I highly recommend and will repurchase again and again.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm