Acne.org Treatment

Acne.org Treatment
Treatment Treatment Treatment

4.4

Active Ingredient: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Also Contains: Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide

I have tried everything to get rid of my hormonal acne and this is these are the only products that have worked for me! My acne wasn't extremely bad, but it was bad enough for me not to feel comfortable leaving the house bare-faced. After two months of using the three-step regimen, my skin is pretty much 90% clear. It is kind of pricey, but worth every penny in my opinion because it actually WORKS. You do have to follow the instructions that they give you though and if you do they guarantee that this system will work for you!

on 3/20/2017 8:53:00 AM

I started getting acne in my teenage years. Tried a lot of products to clear my acne and acne scars from the Black African soap to Kojie-san lighting soap to derma roller etc. Before I come across this product I bought myself the Benzac 2.5% Benyoyl Peroxide which is similar to this. It works a miracle and then I met this product through youtube. Decided to try it as I find it more secure to use the same brand product range for better results.

I bought the kit that comes with the pump cleanser, tube treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) and pump moisturiser. I also purchased the AHA+ to help with my old acne scars.

This product is amazing. Would recommend this to everyone who is suffering from acne. It may cause dryness though but the moisturiser definitely help with that (you need to be generous with the moisturiser). Also, do start slowly and the reason is, if your skin is not familiar with benzoyl peroxide yet, it will cause dryness. For me, it did not sting or anything. It absorbs in my skin so easily. Usually will apply this before playing my game at night while waiting for it to absorb by itself.

As I mentioned, I bought the kit therefore I will review the other products separately. Cheers!

on 3/17/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hate to [daintily deposit a ladylike, makeup covered poo-poo] in the punchbowl, but this did not work for me. I've used benzoyl peroxide a few times over the years, starting with ProActiv, which did work well for me but lost effectiveness over time.

I eventually switched to a 5% BP product called Benzagel, but I wanted to try this since it has such great ratings, is supposed to be gentler (lower BP percentage, no alcohol), and is such a good price for a lot of product.

I have used the acne.org method to wash and treat my face with drugstore products, so I was quite familiar with the process. When I first started using this, two things happened: it irritated my skin more than my old product (!), and it was far less effective.

I had to apply a bit less of the product to avoid getting rashy, but after a while the irritation faded and I continued using it for about six months. Unfortunately, I continued to break out almost that entire time and now have two lovely new acne scars on my face to show for my persistence.

I think this is a great product for a lot of people, but for me, who has oily skin that apparently loves alcohol, and who is used to a higher % of benzoyl peroxide, it just wasn't effective. After six months, I still had some product left in the tube, but I tossed it. I went back to my old stuff and the acne scars from my latest breakout are slowly fading. I will never stray again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This got rid of all my cystic acne (once from using the wrong face wash, and then another time from getting the IUD). My face is completely clear now. When I first started using it, I followed the instructions exactly and had extremely dry skin the first couple weeks, but the dryness went away after my skin got more used to it. I am now more lax with my routine since I'm only trying to keep acne from returning. I alternate each night between this (mixed 50/50 with the moisturizer), and the AHA. My skin has been doing great with this routine, but I won't be repurchasing again since I am trying to go a little more "green" with my products. Hopefully my acne doesn't return, but if it does, I always know I can come back to this to clear it up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This review is somewhat strange, as I’ve used this regimen before, but it may help those of you who are on the regimen or are about to start the regimen. I’ve posted my progress prior to this reviews, so it’ll be in the ‘backstory’ section, but this is an ‘update of an update’ if you will.

Backstory: All through high school, I had cystic acne. It was mostly hormonal but I would still get breakouts throughout the month as well as clogged pores. After using just about every topical treatment (never tried internal treatments), I started using the acne.org regimen. The regimen COMPLETELY cleared up my acne for about a year and a half. I didn’t get one breakout during this time. I had a rough couple first months with dry skin, flakiness, and redness, but after about the 3 month mark, I had clear skin. Keep in mind that I only used the acne.org cleanser and the benzoyl peroxide. I trashed the jojoba oil and moisturizer and opted for the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream instead since it was more hydrating (I mixed this 50/50 with acne.org AHA at night). About a year and a half ago, I started esthetician school and would only use the regimen on and off since I was receiving so many facials/peels. I slowly started breaking out again, and about a year ago, my cystic acne came back.

I was still using the regimen during this time. BUT I had incorporated a lot of different products: cleansing oils, toners, etc. I kicked them all out and started using just the cleanser, BP, AHA, and moisturizer again, but was still breaking out. I realized recently that I was only using a pea sized amount of BP for my entire face when Dan Kern (acne.org owner) recommends TWO FULL PUMPS. Keep in mind, I had never used two full pumps of BP, even when I had originally used it. I had used a thick fingertips amount of BP and it had kept me clear.

About a week ago, I started using the thick fingertip’s amount again. I’m about 5 days in and my skin is peeling, red, and dry; just like I had started the regimen all over again. On the acne.org website, Dan says the more BP the better - which I am starting to agree with. Do I think you need two FULL pumps? No. But find the medium that makes you & and your skin happy and build it up. I’m seeing a difference in my skin already. My skin is going through the exact same phases that it did when I was in high school and the active breakouts I had on my face have significantly decreased. I’m going to try to keep using the full fingertip’s amount until my skin adjusts to it - then, I will continually build up my skin’s sensitivity to BP.

I will update this post at about 3 months to see if the amount of BP is what is really important in the regimen and is what keeps me clear - at this point, I’m already pretty positive it is and am disappointed I didn’t try using more BP daily earlier.

If you are starting the regimen, this may help you determine why you’re still breaking out or why BP stopped working for you. Dan says that after your skin is acne-free, taper down to however much works for you. HOWEVER, he also says that MOST people require a generous amount of BP to stay clear, so if you are truly acne-prone, keep using as much as you regularly use to keep you clear.

AMAZING. It has completely changed my life, I have been using for 3 months and all my acne has gone, my blacheads have gone and my scars are fading rapidly thanks to the glycolic acid from acne.org added in to my regimen. Dont even believe the negative reviews because it will work. You have to be dedicated, for the first month my skin was SOOOOOOO dry, it was completely just flaking off 247 but youve got to just bare it because its so worth it in the end, even if you break out just keep going with it. Also definitely use this in conjunction with cleanser and moisturiser, you will not survive without a heavy duty moisturiser. If ur serious about getting rid of acne go for it.

I had such high hopes for this for my 17 year old son. I had him on BP gel and Cetaphil for years and it stopped helping his acne. I ordered this hoping it would work well. It didn't. The cleanser has SLS in it, which I think he may be allergic to. His skin started to clear up and then got much worse. I am hoping it was an allergic reaction to the SLS. I have sent him to the doctor and he now has a SLS free cleanser, a prescription and oil free moisturizer. I had acne and acne prone skin until my 40s! I feel so awful for him. I think we may try this treatment again though if his acne clears up. Acne is such an awful thing!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the Acne.org treatment for 5 years now and here are my thoughts

Pros:
-best BP in town
-cost effective
-got rid most of my acne
-best works for me as an occasional spot treatment

Cons:
-DONT USE THIS IF YOU ARE AN ATHLETE WHO IS UNDER THE SUN ALL THE TIME. IT'S GOING TO MAKE YOUR ACNE WORSE
-my pump broke (for the largest size) easily :(
-BP loses effectiveness through time.
-stings and makes your skin pink (sometimes red)
-bleaches clothes :((((((((
-did not get red of some of my clogged pores and whiteheads
-free radicals y'all :(

on 1/24/2017 12:11:00 AM

I am so happy I started using this! I really wish I had started a years ago! My acne started after high school and it was really frustrating becuase I had never really dealt with acne in my teens and then all of sudden in my 20's I got acne and it kept getting worse through out the years. Now at 24 I decided to try something else. So I bought the acne cleanser and acne treatment only from acne.org and used my trusty FAB ultra moisturizer.Benzoyl peroxide also seems to work for me better than salicylic acid so I had high hopes and plus they had a lot of testimonials. So by week one I noticed a huge difference but my skin did get dry and I started to peel around my mouth so I use my clarisonic brush to brush off the flakes. I'm on week 3 and I have clear skin right now except for a tiny pimple near my chin. I still used makeup everyday I just make sure to moisturizer and use a hydrating primer. I have acne scars still that have faded somewhat. The price isn't too bad and you do get a lot of product.I'm really happy I don't stress out so much about my skin. If ur tired of dealing with acne I recommend you try this.

This is my saviour. I wish I knew about it many years ago. I have been using this for two years for my face. I have had acne since the age of 14. Had on and off battles. Then after age 29 it became really aggressive leaving scars. I tried even antibiotics but it was not helping. I was close to get onto Roccutane but then came across acne.org website. I purchased the whole kit. And from month 2 I started to see improvements. 6 months later I had it under control and 2 years later I have had periods of 2 months without a single spot on my face. But there are days when I get one or two cysts but it is usually because of stress or the food I eat. I now use only the treatment BP and use my own wash and moisturizer. I apply a very thin layer on my chin only. I did try to skip the treatment for a few days but I got stupid acne creeping in. Maybe I will have to use this for a very long time but honestly I don't mind as it has become part of my morning and night routine and I kind of enjoy it. I only regret that I did not learn about this many years ago because I would not have bad scars on my chin.