Acne.org Treatment

Acne.org Treatment
Treatment Treatment Treatment

4.4

Active Ingredient: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Also Contains: Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide

on 11/17/2016 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product dried me out. my skincare specialist told me about clear from vivere procure
It Helped right away for my acne and doesn't dry my face out - it is awesome. I continually use it to prevent future breakouts www.vivereprocare.com

This is my saviour. I wish I knew about it many years ago. I have been using this for two years for my face. I have had acne since the age of 14. Had on and off battles. Then after age 29 it became really aggressive leaving scars. I tried even antibiotics but it was not helping. I was close to get onto Roccutane but then came across acne.org website. I purchased the whole kit. And from month 2 I started to see improvements. 6 months later I had it under control and 2 years later I have had periods of 2 months without a single spot on my face. But there are days when I get one or two cysts but it is usually because of stress or the food I eat. I now use only the treatment BP and use my own wash and moisturizer. I apply a very thin layer on my chin only. I did try to skip the treatment for a few days but I got stupid acne creeping in. Maybe I will have to use this for a very long time but honestly I don't mind as it has become part of my morning and night routine and I kind of enjoy it. I only regret that I did not learn about this many years ago because I would not have bad scars on my chin.

To Read all 592 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/20/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hate to shit in the punchbowl, but this did not work for me. I've used benzoyl peroxide a few times over the years, starting with ProActiv, which did work well for me but lost effectiveness over time.

I eventually switched to a 5% BP product called Benzagel, but I wanted to try this since it has such great ratings, is supposed to be gentler (lower BP percentage, no alcohol), and is such a good price for a lot of product.

I have used the acne.org method to wash and treat my face with drugstore products, so I was quite familiar with the process. When I first started using this, two things happened: it irritated my skin more than my old product (!), and it was far less effective.

I had to apply a bit less of the product to avoid getting rashy, but after a while the irritation faded and I continued using it for about six months. Unfortunately, I continued to break out almost that entire time and now have two lovely new acne scars on my face to show for my persistence.

I think this is a great product for a lot of people, but for me, who has oily skin that apparently loves alcohol, and who is used to a higher % of benzoyl peroxide, it just wasn't effective. After six months, I still had some product left in the tube, but I tossed it. I went back to my old stuff and the acne scars from my latest breakout are slowly fading. I will never stray again.

I absolutely love this product. It did wonders for my skin. I know some people are hesitant to try this regimen because they are scared to go without makeup. I figured out how you don't have to! :)

I hope this video helps someone.

on 7/2/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sᴛᴏʀʏ
I started getting bad acne & breakouts during high school, so I did a lot of research and decided to start using the Regimen. I kept track of when I started (2012) to now, and all the acne spots are gone & the scars have healed (paired with the program's glyolic acid (AHA))

Usᴇ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ
I follow the regimen everyday. I remove my waterproof makeup with jojoba oil, use a sensitive skin face wipe, and dab on some benzoyl peroxide. I've used this product for years, so I've used up three 16oz. bottles, one 8oz., and two travel-size bottles.

I use about a finger-length worth every night. Dotted around the face, and concentrated to prevent a breakout or treat a trouble spot.

Pʀᴏs
It prevents acne and speeds up getting rid of small breakouts. I still get breakouts here and there, but it's only when I get lazy or touch my face with dirty hands.

It can also get rid of body breakouts, if used in a higher quantity. I use it on my chest and back for spot treatment, but I don't tend to it every night.

The formula is extremely effective and fast-acting.

It glides easily on the skin, and feels light. The application technique is on their website.

Cᴏɴs
I really dislike the packaging for the 16oz. product. Those pumps can break so easily, then I have to replace them. I prefer the 8oz. packaging, because you can squeeze out every last bit, and both are sanitary, because the fingers are never dipping into the product. The formula itself is awesome, though.

It made my skin flake when I first started out, but it was a small price to pay for getting rid of my acne really fast. It will make the skin photosensitive, but I always put on sunscreen, so it's never an issue. The skin flaking stopped for good after about a month and a half, and I never had to worry about it again.

If you put it under foundation (I like to do heavy glam makeup) it creates an ugly, chalky white cast under makeup, so it's best to do this at night after the makeup is off.

Oᴠᴇʀᴀʟʟ
Hands down one of my favorite products. I have clear skin, and it feels awesome. I get compliments about my complexion, and I'm so thankful for this product.

I had acne as a teenager, never terrible, but enough that I was embarrassed to leave the house sometime (or now look at old photo's). At 16, I started on birth control, and the problem was mostly solved. Now, at 30, I've gone off birth control, as I was started to get scared of what I was doing to my body with all those hormone. But oh, the hormones were so good!

Long story short, I had acne again. At 30. It was awful. You know. You've been there.

But this stuff! I did a lot of research online, and this stuff came so recommended I had to try it. I even tested my own version of the regime on my own, but I could't find a proper <5% benzoyl peroxide cream, except for the acne.org version. If you suffer from acne -mild, severe, whatever - you need this stuff. For this price, for these results.... it's incredible. I barely wear any foundation or concealer now. It's been two solid months of clear faced beauty. Please please please try this if you suffer. I want you to be as happy and clear faced as me!

The actual product - sticky, you have to get used to it, as it is very strong. I got over excited and burnt my neck a bit as I went along, so start up with a small amount and add more as you go. I've started to add my regular skin care products back into the mix - oil cleansing once a week at night, then the acne.org face wash and moisturizer. But I would recommend buying the whole kit - which is a steal compared to so many products out there - in the range of cetaphil or other dermatology style products. Use just the kit to start off with, follow the instructions as listed on their website, and go from there.

Be happy, little clear skinned ones!!!

on 5/27/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Treatment alone/I don't use the Treatment anymore/I'm prone to acne but I don't have chronic acne more like random spots.

This works like a charm to clear up my acne when it was in an 'uncontrollable' state. I had a reaction to a product and my usual skin care couldn't clear it up. I had a breakout around my mouth (inflamed acne, cyst, whiteheads...) and lots of clogged pores on my forehead. The Treatment cleared my acne in 1 month. Now I'm dealing with PIH (Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation). I don't use the Treatment anymore.

The 1 month summary when I was using the Treatment (I used a pea sized amount of BP at night only for 1 month): The first 3 weeks were painful and awful. My skin around my mouth was sore, red, dry, tight, burning, my acne got bigger (more cysts)... In brief, it was like hell for me and I wanted to give up. By week 4 (1 month), my skin was getting better. Less active acne. The clogged pores on my forehead were gone!

This is a good BP to try compared to a drugstore BP if you have chronic acne or have a reaction like I had that needs something strong to clear fast. Otherwise, I would suggest you to not use BP for the long term.

What I don't like about the ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide and have experienced while treating my acne reaction:

1) It made my red marks darker and last longer than usual even when using sunscreen everyday.

2) It turns your skin red all day and night. It's more noticeable during the day though, even if you didn't apply BP in the morning but just at night. For example, when it's hot, my face turns into a 'not-normal-color-red'. It's not a natural color. Now that I don't use the BP anymore, I don't have that problem.

3) My skin gets very dry and my skin tone is not healthy looking. When I used a lot of moisturizer to prevent that, it causes more clogged pores since it made my skin oily and dry at the same time. It was annoying to have to deal with tight and sometimes flaky skin. This also happens after my skin got used to the BP. IMO the dryness will never go away when using BP, you will still deal with that problem even when you are clear.

4) I notice that BP can turn a small pimple into a huge inflamed pimple. When I leave the small pimple alone, it gets inflamed a little bit and goes away faster. If you have chronic acne then this doesn't apply to you.

5) Even when using BP when my skin is clear as a prevention, I would still get some acne. I don't like the fact that they say we have to keep using BP to remain clear. The 'remaining clear' part is not so true, you will still get some acne randomly. So it's not perfect and I know it's not a cure. It only prevents acne 'when possible'. Sometimes it also aggravates acne, making them more inflamed. So I found that, for me, not using BP on my acne was better for my skin since I would still get acne when using BP as a prevention and it was making it worse. I think BP should be used by those who have chronic acne or have a reaction like I had. It will help clear your acne faster. I have random spots here and there, which is why BP is not a necessity for me. Still, what they say about BP being able to completely clear your skin 'if you keep using it' .. it's not true. You will be clear, but expect to still have random acne spots with all those cons that comes with BP.

During i was 15, my face breakout really hard. There was lots of acnes on my whole face, maybe more than 20 acnes, urghh. My acnes not swelling at all but it deep inside my skin. I can't see acnes on my face but whenever i massage my face with cleansing oil or clean my face with cleanser, my hand can feel a lot of tiny and tough acnes under my skin. That feeling is really really not good and very very uncomfortable. So i decided to use tretinoin to purging all the acnes. It really works, my acnes slowly purging. I thought that it would dry out and disappear. But not, it still swelling and stay on my skin. That was the hardest time for me, i was super stress and stayed in my room the whole time except go to school. Then i found this acne.org regiment kit. I decided to try it, and my life change. All of my acnes disappear in 3 months. But my skin still terrible because of the dark spot after breakout. And i feel like this acne.org treatment even make the spot darker and redder. So i stop using this and try to find something can cure my dark spot. But when i stop using this, my face started to breakout again. But it didn't as worse as the last time. Now i'm planning to repurchase this acne.org and see if it still work for my acne skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first review because I feel people should know... This worked... can't believe it... ive tried every product ever and this worked... My acne is all gone and I haven't even worked up to the full dosage yet. Damn. Now all i have to worry about are acne scars :/

Update: This does work on acne, but it aggrevates hyperpigmentation. And after a while, your skin sort of develops a resistance to it. I am going to try 10% sulfur soap and 0.1% Retin-A next.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is THE PERFECT TREATMENT for my mild acne. I was told many times to try this treatment but I was hesitant because I have to keep using it for I don't know how long. But this product is worth spending every dollar on it. The results start appearing after one week of use..not so much obvious but especially for someone who has mild acne like me may get clear skin within a month!! And I highly recommend to start using AHA+ with this after one month of treatment..both of them together are my HG for skincare