Acne.org Treatment

Acne.org Treatment
image 1image 2image 3

4.4

Active Ingredient: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Also Contains: Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide

on 7/2/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sᴛᴏʀʏ
I started getting bad acne & breakouts during high school, so I did a lot of research and decided to start using the Regimen. I kept track of when I started (2012) to now, and all the acne spots are gone & the scars have healed (paired with the program's glyolic acid (AHA))

Usᴇ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ
I follow the regimen everyday. I remove my waterproof makeup with jojoba oil, use a sensitive skin face wipe, and dab on some benzoyl peroxide. I've used this product for years, so I've used up three 16oz. bottles, one 8oz., and two travel-size bottles.

I use about a finger-length worth every night. Dotted around the face, and concentrated to prevent a breakout or treat a trouble spot.

Pʀᴏs
It prevents acne and speeds up getting rid of small breakouts. I still get breakouts here and there, but it's only when I get lazy or touch my face with dirty hands.

It can also get rid of body breakouts, if used in a higher quantity. I use it on my chest and back for spot treatment, but I don't tend to it every night.

The formula is extremely effective and fast-acting.

It glides easily on the skin, and feels light. The application technique is on their website.

Cᴏɴs
I really dislike the packaging for the 16oz. product. Those pumps can break so easily, then I have to replace them. I prefer the 8oz. packaging, because you can squeeze out every last bit, and both are sanitary, because the fingers are never dipping into the product. The formula itself is awesome, though.

It made my skin flake when I first started out, but it was a small price to pay for getting rid of my acne really fast. It will make the skin photosensitive, but I always put on sunscreen, so it's never an issue. The skin flaking stopped for good after about a month and a half, and I never had to worry about it again.

If you put it under foundation (I like to do heavy glam makeup) it creates an ugly, chalky white cast under makeup, so it's best to do this at night after the makeup is off.

Oᴠᴇʀᴀʟʟ
Hands down one of my favorite products. I have clear skin, and it feels awesome. I get compliments about my complexion, and I'm so thankful for this product.

I had acne as a teenager, never terrible, but enough that I was embarrassed to leave the house sometime (or now look at old photo's). At 16, I started on birth control, and the problem was mostly solved. Now, at 30, I've gone off birth control, as I was started to get scared of what I was doing to my body with all those hormone. But oh, the hormones were so good!

Long story short, I had acne again. At 30. It was awful. You know. You've been there.

But this stuff! I did a lot of research online, and this stuff came so recommended I had to try it. I even tested my own version of the regime on my own, but I could't find a proper <5% benzoyl peroxide cream, except for the acne.org version. If you suffer from acne -mild, severe, whatever - you need this stuff. For this price, for these results.... it's incredible. I barely wear any foundation or concealer now. It's been two solid months of clear faced beauty. Please please please try this if you suffer. I want you to be as happy and clear faced as me!

The actual product - sticky, you have to get used to it, as it is very strong. I got over excited and burnt my neck a bit as I went along, so start up with a small amount and add more as you go. I've started to add my regular skin care products back into the mix - oil cleansing once a week at night, then the acne.org face wash and moisturizer. But I would recommend buying the whole kit - which is a steal compared to so many products out there - in the range of cetaphil or other dermatology style products. Use just the kit to start off with, follow the instructions as listed on their website, and go from there.

Be happy, little clear skinned ones!!!

To Read all 591 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/27/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Treatment alone/I don't use the Treatment anymore/I'm prone to acne but I don't have 'acne' more like random spots and I usually take care of them with the Acne.org AHA+.

This works like a charm to clear up my acne when it was in an 'uncontrollable' state. I had a reaction to a product and my usual skin care couldn't clear it up. I had a breakout around my mouth (inflamed acne, cyst, whiteheads...) and lots of clogged pores on my forehead. The Treatment cleared my acne in 1 month. Now I'm dealing with PIH (Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation). I don't use the Treatment anymore.

The 1 month summary when I was using the Treatment (I used a pea sized amount of BP at night only for 1 month): The first 3 weeks were painful and awful. My skin around my mouth was sore, red, dry, tight, burning, my acne got bigger (more cysts)... In brief, it was like hell for me and I wanted to give up. By week 4 (1 month), my skin was getting better. Less active acne. The clogged pores on my forehead were gone!

This is a good BP to try compared to a drugstore BP if you have chronic acne or have a reaction like I had that needs something strong to clear fast. Otherwise, I would suggest you to not use BP for the long term.

What I don't like about the ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide and have experienced while treating my acne reaction:

1) It made my red marks darker and last longer than usual even when using sunscreen everyday.

2) It turns your skin red all day and night. It's more noticeable during the day though, even if you didn't apply BP in the morning but just at night. For example, when it's hot, my face turns into a 'not-normal-color-red'. It's not a natural color. Now that I don't use the BP anymore, I don't have that problem.

3) My skin gets very dry and my skin tone is not healthy looking. When I used a lot of moisturizer to prevent that, it causes more clogged pores since it made my skin oily and dry at the same time. It was annoying to have to deal with tight and sometimes flaky skin. This also happens after my skin got used to the BP.

4) I notice that BP can turn a small pimple into a huge inflamed pimple. When I leave the small pimple alone, it gets inflamed a little bit and goes away faster.

5) Even when using BP when my skin is clear as a prevention, I would still get some acne. I don't like the fact that they say we have to keep using BP to remain clear. The 'remain clear' part is not so true, you will still get some acne randomly. So it's not perfect and I know it's not a cure. It only prevents acne 'when possible'. Sometimes it also aggravates acne, making them more inflamed. So I found that, for me, not using BP on my acne was better for my skin since I would still get acne when using BP as a prevention and it was making it worse. I think BP should be used by those who have chronic acne or have a reaction like I had. It will help clear your acne faster. I have random spots here and there, which is why BP is not a necessity for me. Still, what they say about BP being able to completely clear your skin 'if you keep using it' .. it's not true. You will be clear, but expect to still have acne with all those cons that comes with BP.

During i was 15, my face breakout really hard. There was lots of acnes on my whole face, maybe more than 20 acnes, urghh. My acnes not swelling at all but it deep inside my skin. I can't see acnes on my face but whenever i massage my face with cleansing oil or clean my face with cleanser, my hand can feel a lot of tiny and tough acnes under my skin. That feeling is really really not good and very very uncomfortable. So i decided to use tretinoin to purging all the acnes. It really works, my acnes slowly purging. I thought that it would dry out and disappear. But not, it still swelling and stay on my skin. That was the hardest time for me, i was super stress and stayed in my room the whole time except go to school. Then i found this acne.org regiment kit. I decided to try it, and my life change. All of my acnes disappear in 3 months. But my skin still terrible because of the dark spot after breakout. And i feel like this acne.org treatment even make the spot darker and redder. So i stop using this and try to find something can cure my dark spot. But when i stop using this, my face started to breakout again. But it didn't as worse as the last time. Now i'm planning to repurchase this acne.org and see if it still work for my acne skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first review because I feel people should know... This worked... can't believe it... ive tried every product ever and this worked... My acne is all gone and I haven't even worked up to the full dosage yet. Damn. Now all i have to worry about are acne scars :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is THE PERFECT TREATMENT for my mild acne. I was told many times to try this treatment but I was hesitant because I have to keep using it for I don't know how long. But this product is worth spending every dollar on it. The results start appearing after one week of use..not so much obvious but especially for someone who has mild acne like me may get clear skin within a month!! And I highly recommend to start using AHA+ with this after one month of treatment..both of them together are my HG for skincare

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Where has this been all my life?? I have been suffering with hormonal acne since I can remember. And just like so many others, I've tried it all...Proactiv, birth control, tea tree, clarisonic, Queen Helene mint mask, apple cider vinegar, everything. Everytime someone would suggest something, I'd want tell, "thanks! Didn't work!" I was stuck in a cycle where I would pick at active acne to try to minimize it and of course if it left scars. At one point, my acne had acne (how is that possible??) and I was so embarrassed.
Then I came across this...the reviews seemed too good to be true and I hadn't heard of it before. I googled, pintrested and YouTubed it to get some insight into whether it was worth it. Then I said, "eh, what the hell...lets see what it can do."
It arrived the week before my period, aka Hell Week for my skin. I started using it, overally paranoid about how specific the instructions where. Yes, I had a timer to make sure I didn't over clean it over moisturize.
It shrunk my monstrous zit overnight! In three days, I could see the acne clearing up! I was so excited I was putting nearly half an index finger's length of BP before the first week was out....oops!
My skin was soo dry, it would flake up and if I smiled, it hurt. I didn't want to give up, especially since I knew it was too soon so I cut back on the BP. I used two full pumps of moisturizer and just let it sit in my skin. When the acne was gone, I added rose hip (they say jojoba, but I liked rosehip for the anti-aging) and that also helped. I also only used one pump of soap because I was wasting so much when I only washed for 10 seconds. Instead, I just make sure to lather up really well so the soap glides on.
Now, it's been a week since I started. The flaking skin has revealed unscarred new skin, my old scars are fading fast and I am so happy that I can go outside without makeup. I still got a few zits but they were so small, immediately went into whiteheads (instead of lurking ominously under the skin) and dried up...in three days!
This has saved my life, I was depressed and angry at my skin. The acne was literally painful and I would get mad when my husband said I was still attractive because I felt ugly. Now, it is amazing to actually say the phrase clear skin in association with me!
I use the Makeup Eraser to get my makeup off and make sure to wait until my skin is completely dry before the next step.
My only drawback would be how shiny the moisturizer leaves me. But this is nothing in exchange for clear skin. I just put on sunscreen and HD powder and go to work. My morning routine when from 30 min to 10!!
Thank you to the MUA community for sharing this with me! I will never go back to touching my face and cringing!!!

2 MONTH UPDATE: So after a month of following the regimen as instructed, I had less acne, less spots but more dryness, itching and wrinkles. I noticed that I developed a dry spot that looked almost like a chemical burn under one eye and on my neck. I figured it was because of the BP lotion that maybe I accidentally rubbed on those areas. I started skipping days to give my skin a break and only using the BP lotion on spot treatment. The acne didn't come back so I think perhaps the BP lotion is the most critical step for me and I'll likely replace the cleanser with Cetaphil moisturizer with rose hip oil and Aquaphor on drier patches. There is so much product in the one month supply that I still haven't run out of anything yet.
If I feel a bunch of dormant acne coming out, I go back and do the steps but it's not worth the dryness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been plagued by acne all my life and tried countless of treatments, a crazy dermatologist put me through accutane AND diane 35 combined with no effects whatsoever!!!! Nothing worked for me, so I basically gave up after so many failures. I had known about the regimen but hadn't tried it because I already tried Brevoxyl with no effect (now I think it's because I didn't give it enough time and didn't have a good enough moisturizer). So on a whim I ordered this treatment even though it's crazy expensive for me (I live in Romania, so shipping is almost the same as the product). The first month nothing happened except I had really dry skin...then slowly things started to improve...I still got a pimple now and then but instead of getting one every 2 days I got one once every week or two weeks. My skin is unfortunately still dry but it's a small price to pay for clearer skin. I'm now waiting for my second shipment to arrive and can't wait to try the AHA.

on 1/19/2016 6:51:00 PM

I've only been using the regimen for a month, but it's already made a significant difference for my skin. Within the first week of use it could see a slight change with my acne, and it only encouraged me to keep using.
I did experience a mild break out within the second week, but I was expecting that. It'll get worse before it gets better as your skin purges and adjusts. Please don't let that discourage you.
I suggest following the directions as best you can. And when using the cleanser do NOT scrub your face! Work it in gently or you will irritate your skin. I know it won't get seem like you're going getting a good clean, but you are. It doesn't need to be rubbed in--let your skin absorb.
Yes, you will experience dry skin. The Benzyl Peroxide is the culprit, but! Read other reviews before using. I did, and I noticed many others said they use Jaboba oil with the moisturizer. I've been doing that since day 1. And I have had very slight dry, itchy skin. But I use 3-6 drops of Jaboba oil to combat this and it doesn't take long before my skin is soft again. It really helps, and at first I thought all the extra oil will only make me break out more, but it hasn't.
Also, do start with just the pea size amount of Benzyl Peroxide the first week, using it only once a day. Honestly I still only use that amount even though directions suggested I up it two times a day the second week. I tried, but it was too much for my skin. Once a day works for me, but it'll probably depend on how severe your acne is when it comes to how much you should use. My acne is mild, and that also may be why I saw results within the first week. So if you have severe acne, don't give up even if there isn't much improvement the first month or two. I really think it depends on your skin.
So far, it's working. So I'm not stopping. My skin feels good, my acne has diminished. New pimples are defeated wayyy faster. Lesser break outs as I continue. It's friggen amazing. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this product, and if it continues to work for me then I will be a permanent customer. I don't care if I have to rely on this for the rest of my life just to have clear skin. If it works, why not?

on 1/3/2016 3:51:00 PM

AMAZING!! Thank you Acne.org for this product. I've been using this for about 2-3 years now, and it feels great no longer having worry about crazy breakouts and pimples. I used to have very problematic skin before all over my cheeks and forehead, but ever since I started using this product, those worries of mine have been kept at bay. I've used Clean & Clear's Persa-gel or whatever and that was honestly pretty ineffective garbage compared to to Acne.org's treatment, despite having similar or even the same ingredients. I don't know how that works, but I don't think I could live without this particular treatment. The only thing that's annoying is that you have to order it online but 8 fl. oz tube lasts me several months (I use it morning and before I sleep everyday) and the price is not bad. If you have stubborn skin, try this!! I highly recommend it.