MAC Frost - Ricepaper

MAC Frost - Ricepaper

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 6/24/2016 12:43:00 AM

Another favorite MAC eyeshadow of mine apart from Soba - I love this for almost the same reasons. It is the perfect eye brightener on me. I adore Ricepaper all over my lids for a crisp eye, it makes me look so awake. On me it goes almost a gleaming gold that's very subtle yet opens up my hooded eyes. Top with liner and mascara and I am good to go. Otherwise I use it as my base color for all the other neutral browns in my collection. However, I find Ricepaper is also brilliant with bright colors and I've been loving it with orange eyeshadows too.

on 6/14/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Im an nc15 in mac and i was looking for a browbone highlight for the summer so i picked up ricepaper based on the good reviews it has here but when i went ahead and applied on my browbone IT DOES NOT SHOW UP!! And i went pretty heavilly with it but it just wont show up. Is just an useless eyeshadow for me and we don t have back to mac here in chile so it will just go to the trash

To Read all 351 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There's nothing really wrong with Ricepaper but, on the "Exciting Highlighter Scale", it barely registers a blip.

I really only purchased this shadow because MAC lowered the prices on their Pro Pans (my preferred "format" anyway). I'd known of Ricepaper's existence since I first got into makeup but I had quite a collection of highlighters that I really like so never really bothered to get it even though I know a lot of people rely on it and love it. But it was always in the back of my mind and the new lower price has been enough for me to start madly buying up all those "back burner" shadows. When I first tried to get Ricepaper, it was sold out; a few days later, it was restocked and I grabbed one. For a "frost", I find it rather dull and, given the name, I find it far more flesh toned than I was expecting. I guess I thought it would be more like Dazzlelight or Nylon. When I see swatches on line, it looks so much more shimmery and just more like what I was expecting/hoping for. I can't believe I got a "dud", so maybe I have to fiddle with it a bit more to get the true colour to show through but, as it stands now, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/11/2015 8:24:00 AM

Best highlight colour for my nc20 skin. Not too in your face but still noticeable.
One of Mac's best eyeshadow, I reckon.

Ricepaper is the PERFECT highlight for my skin tone! Because my skin has yellow undertones, the yellow hue in Ricepaper just blends in with my skin and adds a SLIGHT glow to my inner corner and brow bone, and doesnt look like a highlight at first glance. For reference I have over the years tried Shroom, White Frost, Phloof!, and Nylon, but this is by far the best because it doesn't pull silver or white on me. I have very almost hit pan on this and will definitely repurchase!
The only downside to this, is that it isn't very buttery. But the colour is worth it for me.

on 5/30/2015 11:19:00 PM

I have deep set eyes, and I use this on my lid and in the inner corner of my eye. It's a gorgeous colour against my NC30 skin (almost like a 'my skin but better' look - a light golden champaign colour). I do have to apply 2+ layers of it though as it's not extremely pigmented. But once I've layered it (and used primer underneath), it stays on a long time.

on 3/2/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My experience with Ricepaper was not quite as glowing as the other reviews (perhaps I got a dud?), and I almost returned it. However, after working with it a bit more, I felt it was a good staple, and I'm very glad I kept it. I wear it a few times a week on the inner half/third of my lids as a lid color or inner corner highlight. It's a nice light yellowed cream color. It's definitely not too yellow on my skin. Mine was not super pigmented or super shimmery. I have to work a bit to pick it up with my brush (mac 239). But if I build it up with a couple layers, it is a beautiful color with a lovely subtle sheen and it works well with many other colors.

on 11/23/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What the?? I thought this would be my holy grail highlight/lid color based on all these reviews and photos, but it was extremely chalky and gross looking on me?? I tried with and without primer, and I was looking for that beautiful sheen without over-the-top shimmer everyone was talking about, but I didn't get any of that. I liked the color and I don't know if I got a dud or what, but it was just plain chalky, powdery, and just UGH. I have yellow/slightly olive undertones so I thought this would work great for me, but it didn't work out for me at ALL. I thought, for over $17 I paid for it, it'd be amazing.. Thank goodness MAC has a great return policy. I'll just be sticking with indie companies like Silk Naturals from now... I just wish I got to try SN's Ricepaper dupe before it was discontinued.. It looked like it had so much more color pay-off and pearly sheen than this did.

on 11/1/2014 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Truly a gorgeous, warm, shimmery color. Ricepaper is a fantastic shadow either in conjunction with other shimmery shades or as a lid accent for a matte eye. The frost is very subtle but effective. I find myself using either this or MAC Shroom most days for a center lid brightness.

Pros:
* smooth application
* easy to pick up color with brush
* blendable
* good accent for most other shadow colors
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can be a bit sheer; may need two applications for full effect

I bought this for a specific makeup look I was going for with a very dark chocolate brown layered under this. I cannot believe how much I actually use this eyeshadow beyond that look. It's normal great MAC quality, long lasting and very versatile. I LOVE it!