Dove Face Care Deep Moisture Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.6

on 7/19/2013 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yes, I went to get some of this, and lo and behold, no store in my entire shopping radius has any Dove products except soap, body wash and hair products. The creams have been discontinued (at least in Canada, apparently). After just having a bad reaction to a (newly reformulated and ruined) Olay cream, remembering that I liked Dove moisturizers before, I thought I'd get some. While searching, I noticed that every store has a huge area for Olay's many, many face creams, but zero Dove creams. And they used to be right next to them on the shelves. Second most overstocked is L'Oreal's many face creams. I thought there was healthy competition in brands. Apparently not. Who made Olay the king of products that everyone is supposed to buy? I am totally boycotting them now. As for L'Oreal, they use hydrogenated fat in their creams. I looked at some health food type creams but didn't get any yet. I'll figure out what to do next and in the meantime just use my grease (Pond's and Vaseline).

When I did use Dove face cream, it was perfectly fine. It was 3 years ago though, so all I remember is that I did like it. It's gone now.

Pros:
1. It is very creamy but not too thick. Your skin is still breathable after you apply it on your skin.

2. It doesn't break out my skin like some skin products do. So I can really use it everyday without having to take a break or using it on my legs to avoid throwing the whole bottle away.

3. It doesn't sting. Thank God! I hate it when facial cream or lotion stings. That bothers me and makes me wonder if the product is harmful to the skin.

4. No scent. I don't smell anything. No bad scent or perfume scent. That's great. Nothing bothers you.

5. It does help my dry skin and make it appear moist. It also gets rid of the fine lines caused by dry skin. The result is not bad for a 6 dollar (50ml) facial cream.

6. The cream lasts many hours on your kin. You don't have to re-apply it many times a day to improve the appearance of dry skin. I only apply it once a day. A little goes a long way. You don't have to use a lot of cream each time.

Cons:
I. There's no seal on the bottle. I can't believe there's no seal when I opened the bottle. Somebody could really temper with these products. We all have seen people moping around in the drug store and opening the packages (paper box). What if they go further to open the bottles, smell it or even touch it. That's just bad. So, be careful when you buy it. Choose one that's hidden in the back. If it looks suspiciously like it is tempered after you get it, don't hesitate to return it.

2. The cream does make your forehead shining when you first apply it. After a while it really sinks in your skin, the shine will be gone. But if I am going out immediately, I won't apply it on my skin right before I leave the house. I don't want to walk around with a shinning forehead. It looks silly. I use it when I am chilling at home or one hour before I leave. However, I can use it around my mouth (that's usually the dry spot) even right before I go out. You never see shine there.

Will I buy it again? If I haven't seen any product with outstanding reviews that prompt me to try it , I might buy this again for the time being.

on 3/22/2010 10:03:00 AM

I really like this moisturizer. It has a pretty thick consistency however, feels light on your skin. I don't find the smell overwhelming since I can't even notice it after it's on my skin. Overall, this is a great moisturizer, especially for those cold winter times! And a little goes a looonnnggg way with this!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is excellent for dry skins especially during the winter months. I usually don't use it during the summer since it can be very very oil. It is excellent to use for liquid foundations (I dont use powder foundations). I would buy it again. It comes in a glass pot so it can break if dropped. It also has spf 15.

This cream has a thick texture, light floral fragrance and a nice creamy texture. This product is great for dry - combination skin in the winter months. If you have oily skin, I probably won't recommend it. It goes on smooth and is instantly absorbed into the skin. My face feels soft and supple after usage and it lasts me all day. It goes great under make up and sometimes in the winter I mix a little small dab of this cream with my foundation to prevent flaking or dry spots. This cream does not clog pores and does not cause me to break out. Although for good results, you should use a good cleanser, toner and exfoliate once or twice a week. The only thing I don't like is the packaging because I find that I have to stick my finger into the pot.

on 1/24/2010 5:15:00 PM

This is an amazing moisturizer for winter, any dry spots are instantly cured with a small amount of this formula. I have combo skin that breaks out easily and it doesn't affect it at all, it doesn't even leave a greasy feel.
It's great for under makeup as well, but a little really does go a long way with this stuff. So the jar lasts so long!

on 1/10/2010 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Finally a great non-oily moisturizer that actually moisturizes! I use this on my entire face and RARELY do I have to go back over my dry areas unlike other moisturizers I've tried.

Would highly recommend to anyone!

Also, it lasts a long time. I use it on my face everyday and have had it for around 5 months now and I still have plenty left!

on 1/7/2010 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This was recommended to me because of my extremely dry skin. The first few days, everything was okay, but it didn't seem very moisturizing and it had a strong perfume smell. About 5 or 6 days into using it, my face started to get very red and rashed and it looked like I had burns all over my cheeks. I usually never have reactions with any products and I wasn't using anything else with it. I won't be trying any Dove products again.

on 9/25/2009 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE this stuff. I just wanted a basic moisturizer. This sinks in well, can be worn under makeup & moisturizes for a very long time. I don't love the scent but oh well. I also haven't had a breakout since I started using this over a month ago (probably also in part because I've been using Burt's Bees Acne Cleanser at any sign of a breakout starting)
I also love that the bottle is so streamlined & simple. Small pleasures.
EDIT: This has shimmer or something in it that annoys me. I prefer matte skin & when I use this right before foundation I feel like I need to skip highlighter

on 8/11/2009 9:24:00 AM

I now use this as a hands cream at work. For a Dove product, I really expected less fragrance. I'm normally not sensitive to fragrance ingrediants but whatever they put in here really irritates me. I love that it has spf 15 but it's not what I would put on my face and it is indeed moisturizing but also way too oily. Nuh uh.