JILL STUART Vanilla Lust EDP

No Image

3.5

on 4/24/2008 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A great vanilla fragrance. The other notes give it some interest that is usually lacking in vanilla scents.

on 1/20/2008 5:01:00 PM

Let this be a cautionary tale: you cannot necessarily even judge from a vial sample. I had one small vial of this, liked it. Got a chance to get a decant, did, and I'm glad I didn't spring for a bottle. There's nothing wrong, per se, with Vanilla Lust. My problem with it is idiosyncratic, not philosophical. You see, Vanilla Lust is a major smellalike for Hypnotic Poison, and I do not like Hypnotic Poison. That rootbeer-y thing not just twangs, but strums my nerves. I wish I loved Vanilla Lust. It was a lovely gift from a darling MUA'er and I want to love it, and there are parts I do love -- a warm, toasted vanillic base, some very pretty floral nuances. But sitting smack dab in the middle is this rootbeer-y HP thing that keeps poking me in the back with a sharp elbow. If you've any qualms about Hypnotic Poison, do a full-on skin wearorama before buying this. On the other hand, if you're an HP lover, you will probably enjoy this.

on 3/21/2007 10:23:00 PM

I had high hopes for this because the notes sounded so appealing to me but unfortunately the only thing I liked about it was the pretty bottle. The juice itself had serious flyspray nuances and I barely detected any vanilla. The worst part of all was that is was very headache inducing but at least it kept the flies away while I was wearing it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a soft & sexy vanilla fragrance. It's nice but not worth the price. It actually smells like Meijer's brand body spray called Sexy Vanilla. I'll buy that for $7.00

on 1/22/2007 8:46:00 PM

I was dying to try out this perfume, so I ordered a sample from beautyhabit and tried it with sky high expectations. I put some on, and kept waiting for the luscious vanilla note I've been anticipating but it never came :( This is not a typical, soft vanilla, in fact it is almost sharp. It definitely reminds me a lot of hypnotic poison (which a lot of people love, but I hate) and even a little of D&G The One. My search for the perfect vanilla scent continues.

on 11/18/2006 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A creamy vanilla with a hint of coconut and caramel and soft sandalwood to ground it. The tiare in it is subtle, not heavy. This melts into my skin and creates something deliciously warm and sweet without being obvious or too bold. With my chemistry this is a lot more sophisticated than Pink Sugar, and dries down better than Miss Dior Cherie, which I have also used in the past.

I've seen some of the negative reviews here; I can only chalk this up to the differences in people's body chemistries.

On me, this works. I give it a 4 instead of a 5 because Indult Tihota reigns as Ultimate Vanilla on my skin. However, Jill Stuart's EDP is much less expensive!

on 11/12/2006 5:22:00 AM

Vanilla Lust is a well done, if slightly linear and ordinary, vanilla scent. The vanilla note itself is sweet and thankfully non-artificial or plasticky, mixed with a subtle blend of coconut milk, tiare flower and maybe a hint of jasmine. Overall, though there is no fruit listed in the notes, it gives the impression of a typical fruity vanilla, not unlike Hanae Mori Butterfly with its strawberry and vanilla notes. It is fairly light, warm and comforting; a very "golden" scent and a good staple vanilla to have in one's wardrobe if one does not already possess perfumes like Hanae Mori, Chopard Casmir or Fragonard Miranda. Tenuous lasting power.

on 8/17/2006 12:02:00 AM

A wonderful woman sent me a generous decant of this popular fragrance, and sadly (or maybe luckily), this just did not work for me. This is a very strange and clean-smelling vanilla, without any warmth or richness that I would expect from a vanilla scent. It has a very similar marine-like note that I find in Jalaine's Silk. I also get a bit of powder in the drydown. The clean sandalwood and sharp neroli notes seem very discordant with the smooth, sweet vanilla middle/base. $62 saved! Available at Nordstrom's and soon from Beautyhabit. Notes: Madagascar vanilla, Coconut Milk, Neroli Essence, Caramel, Tiare flower, Sandalwood.

on 8/15/2006 12:24:00 PM

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! A beautiful swapper sent me a brand new bottle of this and I was instantly smitten. A perfect blend of vanilla, coconut, and tiare - exactly what I have been on the search for. Some have called this beautiful, others boring - but to me, this ranks as one of the simplest, most wonderful fragrances. Shot right up to the top of my list with Lea, Chergui, POTL, and Rahat. Love!!!

on 8/13/2006 5:19:00 PM

Fruity Vanilla :( . Unfortunately on me,those 2 main notes are NOT a harmonious union. I did give it 2 lippies though, because I think the bottle is really pretty.