MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub

3.9

Ingredients Aqua (Water), Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Behenyl Alcohol (Plant)**, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Jojoba Esters, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Extract, Pectin (Fruit Enzymes), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Juice, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus (Butcher's Broom) Root Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Bark Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Panthenol (D) (B5), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil*, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Potassium Sorbate, Phenethyl Alcohol (Rose), Caprylyl Glycol (Coconut), Potassium Sorbate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate (Green & Biodegradable), Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate (Vegetable), Dicaprylyl Ether (Vegetable)**, Sucrose Stearate (Sugar and Coconut Oil)**, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate (Salt)**, Alcohol Denatured (Grain). (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Lemony fruity scented scrub really works to exfoliate my skin. I would repurchase. It's my 2nd favorite face scrub (1st place goes to Natural logic's Ancient Earth scrub...the creme de la creme of all face scrubs and my HG). I tried the MyChelle sugar cleanser but didn't like it nearly as much as this one. I thought the vanilla in the sugar cleanser would smell yummie but sadly, no, and it stung my eyes. I bought my scrub from Amazon since they had the best price and sadly, Ulta no longer carries the MyChelle line online.

This first couple times I tried this product, I was not impressed. After having used it for a while, I realize that this product is quite good at exfoliating when used properly. While this does have exfoliating beads, the primary way to use this product is as a chemical exfoliant, which means you need to leave this product on your face for a couple minutes to feel the full effect. This is also not really designed as a cleanser, so you cannot expected this to replace a standard makeup-removing cleanser. That being said, this product does a great job of exfoliating and I have smoother skin to show for it.

This is a nice scrub, no irritation, but gently rounded particles that give a smooth finish. The only reason I'm marking in "no" for buy again is the price (although I reserve the right to change my mind!) I suspect there are cheaper products that work just as well, so I'm going to try those and see.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love it. I can feel it working..there is a slight tingle/burn not too bad. smells wonderful and makes my skin glow!!! I don't think I would use it everyday..that would be too much. Twice a week is awesome.

great scrub i love this! it's not too scrubby to the point of where it hurts, but it for sure gets the job done. you are not left with a yucky film on your face afterwards and your skin is left feeling soft and clear. i've been using this for a couple months now once to twice per week and i'm very happy with the results. mychelle has a lot of great products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked this while I used it. The scent is so familiar and comforting to me. I stopped buying it because I much prefer the texture of gels (glides over skin, deep cleaning, cooling). I moved on to Ren's Mayblossom cleanser, which I absolutely love. This particular cleanser is pretty expensive for what you get and for how long it lasts. Also, the buffing particles are not something I look forward to or want in an everyday cleanser. I'd rather that in a once a week exfoliator like Suki's lemon scrub. Still, I miss that scent as much, even though I'm not a scent person. It was very pleasant and natural. Not for sensitive skin in any way. Also, I don't think it is good for acne-prone skin since it will agitate anything that you have with the particles.

Pros: all natural ingredients, adequate cleansing, perfect scent, great packaging
Cons: buffing particles, price

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After being so impressed with the Incredible Pumpkin Peel, I thought I would give this ago, and use it in the shower. It seemed like a cheaper and more efficient alternative.

The smell...I'm definetly not a fan of, but it's not all that offenseive.

The texture is a fine grainy one but not like sand paper.

The problem? The jojoba beads I believe are the culprit to the small clogged pores I was getting around my cheek/undereye/nose area. Now it's just sitting in my medicine cabinet.

Possibly could be due to the weird residue left on my skin after my shower...mind you that I didn't use anything else while I was testing this out.

Definitely no recommendation from me, there are far better organic scrubs out there that could beat this.

I like that the grains are tiny and that the formulation sort of milks up on me as I'm washing it off. But my skin feels surprisingly raw afterwards - taut and reddened. Prefer the Pumpkin Peel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It worked! I saw it on a youtuber's go at clear skin, and I was skeptical.
But I think I love this product most due to the fact that it broke me into organic facial cleansers.
Price is medium to high, quality is wonderful, smells kinda like a light version of Soft Scrub lol (which I've grown to adore). It works like a dream, non drying. That's the most important part...thorough yet gentle. She's a winner!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love Mychelle. I'm very particular. I love the gentle abrasiveness of this scrub. It doesn't tear up your skin like a lot of scubs but gives a good, deep, clean. I recommend this.