L'Oreal Paris ColorVive Conditioner (Regular)

No Image

2.3

Used this a long time ago and did not like it at all. The scent is way too perfumey, left my scalp feeling coated, made my hair droopy, did nothing forr the color or texture and I broke out all along my scalp line in hives! I much prefer the Professionel Vitamino Color conditioner as it does what it claims: makes the hair soft and shiny , keeps hair color fresh and smells wonderful. I don't know what it is about L'Oreal's d/s hair care line, but I have never had success with them-Garnier shampoos and conditioners had the same effect as the Colorvive line but the scent of garnier was MUCH BETTER but that's about it. The gels and mousses have failed me every time as well.

on 2/28/2005 1:50:00 PM

Mixed reviews on this one. It does protect color with its UV screen, but leaves build up. Doesn't condition great, just protects. I swim, so I'd just rinse my hair through with this before going in the chlorine and sun. I don't hate it, but there are better products out there.

I used to like this Colorvive line because it worked so well for my highlighted hair- it really conditioned well even this reg. conditioner. My hair was extremely shiny and healthy while using it, but one day it just decided to stop working. Even the dry version of this conditioner just felt like I was putting a thick, waxy-ish coating over my hair without REALLY conditioning it. It's not even that great for trying to get a brush through your hair (and I have very straight hair). At any rate, I opted for Pantene (daily moisture renewal for dry/damaged hair) which actually conditions (that's a novel idea:) Pantene is sooooo much better...

I had a very hard time rinsing this conditioner out of my hair. I am afraid that this is going to eventually cause build up on my hair. I will probably finish the bottle but I will not be buying this again.

on 7/6/2004 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE the "Dry" version of this, however this conditioner is not as good. It does not condition or help my hair at all.
Good open-at-the-bottom bottle though (like all Vives).
Go for the Dry version instead- its SO much better.

on 6/6/2004 3:27:00 PM

I wont be buying this crap again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

2 lippies becuz i like the bottle design - but minus 3 lippies becuz this stuff didn't work. the formula is runny and it didn't deep condition my hair like you think a color conditioner would.

on 5/15/2003 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This weighed down my hair, and not worth the money.

This was not hydrating enough for the ends of my hair and was terrible at detangling. I could use this on my oily roots though so I think people with short oily hair should have some success with it.

on 2/7/2003 1:15:00 AM

This is one of those hit or miss products, many people swear by this line but it didn't do much for me. I didn't like the conditioner very much. It was thin and almost runny, I'm used to rich creamy conditioners. It took way too much product to coat my hair and it didn't spread well at all. It was 'ok' as a conditioner but my hair did feel very heavy and full of build up after using this. This is nice because it helps keep your hair color rich but I just don't like the product.