L'Oreal Colour Riche - Sunset Red

L'Oreal Colour Riche - Sunset Red

4.8

This Lipstick is literally my favorite lipstick ever ! It is amazing, the color is absolutely perfect! It's very silky stays on you're lips so smoothly and it's a perfect deep red that is just so amazing and really suits me ! 2 thumbs up for this lipstick !!

on 4/26/2011 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow, i have been in search of a nice red. I mostly wear nudes and have been doing a lot of research on good red lipsticks. I am an NC35 and this is so beautiful. still too bright for a day lipstick, in my opinion, but so wearable at night. The price is the best part, for $10 it is worth the experimentation. highly recommend it.

on 3/30/2011 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is they perfect red lipstick. I've had many (MAC, arbonne, lancome, etc.) And this is by far my favorite. The color is rich and true, goes on creamy, matte and lasts all day if I don't drink anything. I'm not sure if this is a universally flattering color, but for ref I'm an NC35 in MAC with yellow undertones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been on the look out for a new red lipstick since they discontinued my favorite by Rimmel in Scream. It is a warmer tone than Scream but my god what a GORGEOUS, rich, creamy red this is! It seems to almost have brown or orange undertone to it but that is hardly noticeable since what you get is a lovely, luxurious red. The lipstick is highly pigmented with a creamy texture. First day wearing it so I will update to see how it lasts. It is perfect for us yellow-undertoned gals- but I think this is a very versatile red and can work for rosier skin and darker skin as well.

P.S. If in doubt the good thing about color riche lipsticks is that you can give it a swap at the store before purchasing. ;)

on 8/31/2010 3:30:00 AM

SO IMPRESSED!

This is my first red lipstick EVER. I've gotten lipsticks before during Gift With Purchases from Estee Lauder, Lancome, and etc., but they were never red lipsticks (more like plum or pink).

If you asked me a year ago if I would ever consider wearing red lipstick I would have responded with a loud, resounding no. I am Chinese with an olive skin tone (3.5 in Bobbi Brown foundation) and I always thought that nudes and corals would be better for me than red.

However, now I know that reds can work for ANYONE. Literally, anyone (even for redheads or people of ethnicity like me)! The key is to match it to your skin tone. I researched online and brown-based reds are better for people like me. On the other hand, blue-based reds are better for people with cool toned skin.

Anyway, I didn't want to drop a lot of money on an item I wouldn't be wearing everyday (this would be for parties, formal events, or for a fun night out), so I wanted something affordable but good quality. Loreal Color Riche just got a 2010 Glammy Award from Glamour Magazine. The lipstick is known for its smoothness and rich color.

So I went to my local drugstore and browsed the reds. I almost got another shade but am SO relieved I ended up picking this one! This lipstick was on sale for $6, they are normally $8-9 now (I see they have upped the price since a few years ago).

I went home, tried it on, and was amazed at how well this meshed with my skin tone. Now, like I mentioned before I've never tried on red lipstick so this is my first time, but I truly do not have any complaints with this one! I've heard of people saying that reds can be too orange (esp. warm reds), but this one is a very solid red on my lips. It's always hard buying drugstore makeup (IMO) because you can't try it on and the colors on the label are almost always misleading (esp. for lipsticks and lip glosses). This was true for Sunset Red. The label's color does not exactly match the color on my lips (thank god). I wanted a solid "red", not plum, not brown red. RED. The label on Sunset Red looks kind of like a brownish red, but I was able to see the actual color of the lipstick in the store (I was able to open the tube to look at the color) and it was a "brighter" red than the label, which was good for me.

The lipstick also leaves an excellent stain, which isn't too "loud" yet still leaves a natural looking color on my lips.

Anyway, I am super happy with this purchase.

Wow, just picked this up today and have to say I think it will end up in my Top 3 Reds. Not to brown or orangey but a good pick for a warm toned gals who are fair/med toned. You still get a vivid, pin up girl creamy red without the pink factor you have to deal with in so many other red lipstick shades. Very impressed by this, for $5-6 it's a keeper! Only downside, I wish L'Oreal lipsticks didn't have that funky scent and that's why I deducted 1 lippie.

on 9/24/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The perfect red for me! I haven't worn red lipstick in years and I didn't want to spend $20 bucks for a tube of lipstick I would only wear a couple of times a year.

After looking at what felt like twenty-five shades of red, I found Sunset Red. I am fair, with a yellow-orange skin tone and this shade did not pull orange, blue, fuchsia or pink on me. It brightened up my face and my DH actually said it looked good on me. This surprised me completely because, I didn't think he would like red lipstick. When I wear this shade, I use a clear lip liner and I soften it up slightly with a bit of gold sheer lip gloss. I love the look; I love the $6.00 price tag too. I will definitely buy this shade again...

on 5/3/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this might be one of those reds that anyone can wear, although I'm no expert. It does have a warmer tone to it but man does it look good. It's a very pigmented, lasting red and not for the faint of heart. No bleeding which is a biggie for me these days. Definitely a repurchase for me.

on 3/27/2009 6:47:00 AM

When I was looking for a Red lipstick - I didn't know it would be a daunting task!! There are sooo many variations with different hues - it was a journey to say the least!

I encountered this red by a serendipitous moment. I was initially purchasing another red lipstick by L'Oreal but someone put this (sunset red) lipstick on the top of the other lipstick slot. So, I picked it up - thinking it was the other lipstick - and didn't notice until I got home. Nonetheless, I tried this anyway and WOW this is a Vibrant powerful Red shade! I decided to keep this!

It does have a warmer tone to it but it's not a powerful Orangey color. This is almost like a neutral red with a HINT of warmth. This really is a powerful color red!! It's very flattering and brings out the the best coloring in my complexion.

I have tried other red lipsticks and they are either too orange, too pink, too blue, too brown - it's pretty hard to match the perfect red to someone's complexion. It's a continual process...

This lipstick has staying power! It doesn't have the shine as other lipsticks or glosses... it's a perfect moist matte red lipstick. It's really pretty! For those with a pale complexion, with yellow undertones... give this a try... if it doesn't work - you can always return it!

on 10/31/2007 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Very good warm blood-red lipstick. Looks well on my caramel color/yellow undertone skin. The formula is moisterizing, lasts longer than a gloss, but doesn't have that much shine. I still have to add a touch of gloss on top if I want that shiny look. I brought this primarily to perform in, and it lasts through 2+ hours of singing and smiling. It leaves a bit of stain on my lips too, so if I want sheer I just apply a bit and blot. Add some gloss on top and it looks good. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the lipstick, esp. at the price. I think I paid about $6 on sale at Target.