MAC Cremestick Liner - Sublime Culture

No Image

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A favorite, and terribly sad I didn't stock up because it's now Discontinued. It's a pink-pale caramel fusion of a hue that's on the creme stick line. It's very smooth and buttery but somewhat poorly packaged as chunks break off easily as you wind it up and use it. For the price and how quickly it runs out, I think a longer pencil was needed.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really like this, it's a nice neutral nude with a bit of shimmer that doesn't wash me out. It's a bit drying but it's not as bad as some drugstore liners like Rimmel.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Picked this out myself as the MAC girls here in Singapore aren't as talented in tHe ones overseas ( no offence ) but I haven't come across a fantastic artist in any of the MAC counters I went..

Anyhoo, lovely colour on my NC 40/42 skin.. love to apply it with a bit of gloss.. just wished it wont break off so easily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My problem with this isn't the colour, or the product itself, but rather the amount you get - after filling in my lips with this just once, I had used up one seventh of the liner (I use lip liner to fill in my lips before wearing lipstick or gloss on top)! I think that because the product it quite creamy and emollient, you end up using more. Seeing as one stick costs 11.50 in the UK, it would be very exorbitant for me to carry on using this. It's a shame, because the pencil lasts for ages on my lips, and the colour is a gorgeous light/medium pink nude with brown tones. In my opinion, Sublime Culture isn't a dupe for Subculture lip pencil - it's darker and more brown/red based. Subculture is lighter and more mauve-based, and can wash me out if I just use it on its own - this one doesn't. If the quantity of Sublime Culture was greatly increased, or the price lowered (very unlikely!), I would give this a 5.

on 11/19/2010 8:08:00 PM

I love the color but - is it just me??? - I have never used this without problems, mainly breaking off mid-line.

I've got dozens of lip pencils, mostly MAC and NARS. A MAC SA tested a bunch of colors on me to use with a particular nude lipstick I had and this was the best shade. I was pretty surprised to get home and find out what I'd purchased wasn't a pencil but instead more like a retractable pen. And then the troubles began: I let too much out and the tip broke off...didn't let enough out and kept hitting the plastic container...let a little more out and got crumbly pieces of liner around my lips. Didn't ever find it "creamy" or "highly pigmented" as MAC's description promises. In fact, I found it to be just messy and unmanageable. Plus it's impossible to tell how much you have left. Which is not a problem since I've got no plans to repurchase. The color's great but I'd rather get a regular old pencil, even in a less terrific shade, that I know is going to work for me.

I love this lipliner. It goes perfectly on my NC30 skin with ANY lipstick/gloss. I like to use it to make my lips look fuller and I then blend a bit. It gives me lips like Angelina Jolie! So full and pouty especially when paired with a light pink gloss like MAC Plush Glass in Ample Pink.
LOVE!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i usually only use lip liners that you can sharpen(whirl, subculture) but i was using lip gloss a lot and it runs with regular liner. so i tried this and it has worked SO good. the color is a perfect neutral pink,nude,caramel & like others have said, almost exact version of subculture but a tad darker and it does not run when you use gloss with it. i def will repurchase this in the future and highly recommend this for those who use lip gloss.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love it! Looks great w/ High Tea l/s and other pink or peach toned lip colors. Perfect nude pink on Asian NC 20-30. Will buy again. Not as pink as Spice, not as brown as Stripdown, and not as pale as Subculture. Perfect!

on 4/12/2010 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a great nude shade that I can wear with any lipstick. This liner is barely detectable on my lips. I do prefer the twist up liners because I feel they are a bit creamier. Imo, Mac lip liners are a bit pricey when you consider that there are comparable liners for a fraction of their price. However, because their color range is wide, I will repurchase.

on 12/2/2009 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like both styles of Mac lip liners, but find the doesn't need sharpening cremestick liners very handy when on the go. I have quite a few variations of the neutral lip look that I love and this liner factors into several of them. I find using a l/l gives me a much more polished lip and the peachy rose nude effect of this liner is especially flattering.