Jason Natural Cosmetics Jason Lavender Hand and Body Therapy

3.4

Not tested on animals

on 7/25/2016 6:44:00 AM

I guess fragrance is a pretty personal thing and no two people are alike. Just reading through the previous reviews is enough to prove that. For me the scent reminds me of the little lavender pillows my grandma used to saw for us when we were little, with dried lavender from our garden that we used to spread on newspapers on the veranda. Now granted it might not be the greatest lavender scent (Heck! I didn`t grow up in Provence, you know. Lol), I`ve smelled better, but to say it is horrible?! Well, I guess one man`s treasure is another man`s, you know how that goes. I`ve been using this a lot not only because I like the scent, but also because it does a great job moisturizing my body. My HG body butter is the Shea Butter from The Body Shop, but that damn thing costs an arm and a leg here, and the body lotions in Japan DO smell too girly and artificial and come in little tubs that finish in no time. I order my Jason`s through iHerb.com and it`s literally been a God-sent for me, as I can moisturize my bum without breaking the bank. This year I`ve traveled through the Atacama Desert in the North of Chile, which is the driest place on Earth, and my Jason`s worked just great, no complaints there. Sometimes I get bouts of super-dry itchy skin in winter and I need something heavier, which is when I switch to Lipikar (La Roche-Posay) or The Body Shop Shea, but the rest of the year this is just fine for me.

on 3/6/2013 3:39:00 PM

NO lavender scent...at all! Enuf said!!

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My first complaint with this is the "supposed" lavender scent. This smells NOTHING like lavender! It has a weird cheap smell to it...doesn't even rate a watered-down version of lavender. I'm a huge fan of that scent, & this is an insult. It stinks. As far as the lotion quality, I'd say it's just okay- not great, not horrible.

I've purchased this product several times and it is my HG body moisturizer. I use it on days that I do not use the Jergens Natural Glow. This Hand & Body Therapy product absorbs quickly yet leaves my skin soft and smooth with a fresh lavender scent. I never feel sticky or overly lotioned-up like I have with so many other products. Besides all of that, it's very reasonable in price.

Love the scent and it moisturizes extremely well. Love it!

on 8/7/2007 1:01:00 PM

Yuk! I just bought this and used it only once before I had to wash it off my hands. The smell is terrible, like cheap cologne. I am a huge fan of lavender and this smells nothing like it. I thought maybe mine had gone bad but I took a whiff of a tube at a different health food store and nope, it's supposed to smell like that. Oh well, won't be buying that again!

on 6/19/2007 3:51:00 PM

Love this lotion. Smells wonderfull, absorbs well and hydrates the skin.
Will buy again.

on 1/20/2007 8:52:00 PM

This is the greatest hand and body lotion I have found. I like the fact that is 70% organic, smells great and does not leave a greasy or slimmy feel. Would buy this again.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used this off and on for years. Jason Naturals is one of my favorite brands. This is 70% organic, paraben free, and does not contain mineral oil, petrolatum or waxes. It is packed with antioxidants, glycerin and sunflower oil. I find this very nourishing for my skin. Has a great lavender scent. Absorbs in instantly and does not leave a greasy residue. One of my favorite products along with Jason's Rosewater and glycerin body lotin. Comes in a 8 oz. tube.