Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/2/2016 9:29:00 PM

Personally, I love it. I have used it for awhile now and it has a very good natural look and it doesn't clump together. It's waterproof quality was good; especially when my boyfriend broke up with me and I cried for about 3 hours, it didn't make me look like a dying racoon. So, that was good.

on 3/18/2016 3:39:00 PM

This is a pretty good mascara. It looks pretty natural which I look for in a mascara. It doesn't really do much anything than coloring and a little bit of lengthening to my lashes but that's ok for a natural mascara. It doesn't clump with one coat but with two it looks bad but I always wear just one coat.
When wearing this, my lashes are not so curly when I come back from school though but they still have a little curl. It does come out on the shower, so it's not so waterproof. It doesn't smudge like regular mascara in the shower though.
I would repurchase because its like the only mascara that looks natural for me.

To Read all 377 Reviews, Login or Join

I've read through the reviews online and I think that the quality of this mascara varies by each one. That being said, mine is great!
It lengthens my lashes and holds the curl in place, which is actually a large accomplishment because my lashes straighten very fast. There are no clumps and the formula applies evenly. This is a great mascara considering its price.
The biggest problem I encountered with this one was that it is so hard to remove!!! I endured that for two weeks, and during that period, I always got rid of them during a hot bath by buffing my lashes gently. Finally, I figured out how it can be removed easily: using oil. I always use oil-free makeup remover and I thought that soap would work on anything, but I was wrong. I tried using a facial oil, which I have abandoned after I got it as a gift because it makes my skin too oily, by placing a few drops on a cotton pad, and it removes mascara perfectly without any harm!
I really like this mascara, and I'm planning to buy more mascaras to experiment but I think I'll buy another one after this for grab-to-go easy appliance :)

on 1/17/2016 12:27:00 AM

I bought this mascara yesterday because I needed a waterproof mascara and this was a good price. This is a simple looking mascara that is not too dramatic which I like. It doesn't clump and has minimal smudging - I fell asleep in it today and it only smudged a tiny bit, but hardly noticeable. The only problem with this mascara (and quite a major one) is that I CAN NOT REMOVE THIS WITH ANYTHING. Makeup wipes will not work, nor hot and soapy water (this has worked with other waterproof mascaras). As I sit here writing this review, this mascara is permanently glued to my lashes, and I am about to go to the store and get some eye makeup remover. I really hope that works.

on 12/26/2015 3:18:00 AM

I was so surprised with the quality of this mascara. I would usually go for a more expensive mascara but I bought this in a hurry once from my supermarket and I was so amazed! I found the wand being a simple straight style made it so easy to manipulate and control the amount and limit clumps. I usually don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes but this mascara was so easily manipulated that I could do so in a very natural looking way. Some girls are really into this over the top almost dirty looking mascara look but I'm so not into that and so this mascara satisfied a natural lash look for such a cheap price.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've no idea how out of the mascara's I've recently tried that are WP, this cheap one comes out on top?! In the winter months my eyes water like crazy from the wind. I seldom wear or wore WP and already have many reg formula mascaras, but I lately cannot stand doing my eye makeup and having it be ruined by the wind and excessive watery eyes. Anyhow, this GL makes my lashes thick, black and curl and it's non smudging. I tried Rimmel Argan WP, Falsies Big Eyes WP and CG Plumpify WP; NONE of them looked nearly as good as plain ol' GL! I gave away the CG one, and returned the other 2 aforementioned. This will now be my go to WP formula for winter. Only complaint is it's hard to remove, but what WP mascara isn't. Baby oil's the only thing that takes it off, but that's a small consolation considering I love it.

on 12/16/2015 9:28:00 AM

Pros:
- Super dark
- Doesn't run in the rain
- Doesn't make my eyelashes feel "crinkly"
- Lasts for approximately 12 hours

Cons:
- It won't make your eyelashes "pop"
- Quite basic
- Packaging is a little tacky
- Quite hard to remove

Overall, it's a decent "everyday" mascara for work, uni, etc. It's also good as a practice mascara for those new to makeup.

~ Ticky

on 11/29/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's a pretty good product, I picked it up because the rainy season in SoCal (We have one this year, surprisingly) was on its way and I didn't want mascara running down my face when it inevitably got wet due to the amount of textbooks, notebooks and binders I have to carry that significantly impair my ability to hold an umbrella. It's my go-to mascara only because it's the only one I currently have and works fairly well. It's probably best for a natural or enhanced look, as it doesn't really do anything dramatic. It does a good job of lengthening and adding volume and will hold a curl, though it does clump a bit and I have to spend time brushing through them.
It's pretty good and I'll keep using it until I run out, but I'll probably try something else before repurchasing this one.

Made little difference in my lashes and it was so unbelievably hard to remove from my eyelashes that I definitely pulled some out accidentally. I blame this for making my eyelashes much straighter since I was basically pulling the mascara off each eyelash.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I always buy waterproof mascara because of my straight Asian eyelashes. I'm sort of disappointed that this mascara straightened out the curl I put on my eyelashes UPON APPLICATION. I think it's because of the brush shape :( it also smudged a lot for a waterproof mascara