Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

I always like to have great lash in my makeup arsenal. Its an easy, reliable go-to mascara. I like to use this one when I want a bit more of a natural lash look because it provides great length but not a ton of volume (hince, natural looking!). Waterproof version is great, it doesnt smudge and it holds the curl in my lashes! I also like that the wand is on the smaller side because I dont make a big mess with it every time like with the huge wands that seem to be popular lately.

on 2/12/2017 6:09:00 PM

I'm always sceptical of any brand that has a bunch of hype, good or bad around it. This mascara rocks. No question. While wearing this I had occasion to bawl my eyes out, rubbing my eyes, everything. This mascara did not run, smear, budge or move an inch.
My previous mascara was Estee Lauder Sumptuous Waterproof. Great Lash waterproof is better.

on 1/1/2017 10:07:00 PM

I am really surprised at a couple of the low-score reviews on this one. Especially since this is a fairly basic product that makes no outrageous claims to give you superlashes. It's basic claim is it's waterproof. That's what it does.

No, it won't make your lashes look super-curly, or longer, or thicker than any other standard mascara (of course it will make them darker and a little thicker - that's what mascara is for). But it's your basic OLDEN-DAY mascara (before we got into all the dramatic effects with fibres etc). It does a beautiful BASIC mascara job of darkening your lashes, with WATERPROOFING.

I know some people said it wasn't waterproof for them, but I have to wonder whether they were also wearing other products (eyeliner, or eyeshadow) which were the true culprits that let them down (I have made that mistake myself in the past, thinking a product wasn't waterproof, only to find out it was a different product that was running.) Or maybe they'd rubbed their eyes a lot without realising, who knows. It could even be what moisturisers or primers they used underneath or having a different skin-type.

But I worse this (as mentioned in a few of my reviews) through extensive swimming on a very hot Queensland day at a party, with an extreme waterproof eyeliner (MAC Liquidlast) and Mac Nourishing Waterproof Foundation, and because none of the accompanying products let me down, I was able to ascertain without a doubt, that none of these products run (for me anyway) while swimming. They're all waterproof. Not just wimpy colourstay pretend-waterproof-claimers, but really waterproof. My make-up was perfectly in place after swimming for hours.

What I especially like about the Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof for swimming is the LACK OF FIBRES. The total NON-FANCINESS. Because even if your mascara is waterproof, that doesn't mean fibres can't dislodge and fall into your eyes if you're active and swimming, or dancing all night sweating. I was willing to forgo having dramatic big beautiful long fat curly lashes, to have something that would stay on in the pool. For anyone who thinks it isn't waterproof, while I'm not disagreeing with your experience, I recommend checking that it isn't your eyeliner or eyeshadow or primer/eyeshadow letting you down. Perhaps even an allergy or reaction to an ingredient.

I'd never wear a waterproof fibre volume-building mascara in the pool. I've had the fibres fall into my eyes before after a big night out (mind you, it was 3 in the morning by that time, but my eyes became red, inflamed and painful - I ended the night looking horrible - who wants to leave that as their final impression?)

So I save this cheap Maybelline one for heavy-duty activity, like swimming, and use a more voluminous fibre super-lashing "waterproof" mascara for everyday and going out places where I'm not being blasted with moisture. I always use "waterproof" even if not swimming, because in the climate I live, with my skin-type, and eyes that tend to water, everything else runs on me. So waterproof products are my saviour and I'm always on the lookout for them - as you will see in my other reviews.

on 8/13/2016 6:29:00 PM

Nice packaging, very affordable, applies nicely, but it is very runny, and smears very quickly. It is definitely not waterproof. After about one hour after wearing this product, it smears all over my eyeshadow, and under my eyes. I end up looking like a raccoon. It would have been a good mascara if it didn't smudge so quickly. It is almost unwearable!

on 4/2/2016 9:29:00 PM

Personally, I love it. I have used it for awhile now and it has a very good natural look and it doesn't clump together. It's waterproof quality was good; especially when my boyfriend broke up with me and I cried for about 3 hours, it didn't make me look like a dying racoon. So, that was good.

on 3/18/2016 3:39:00 PM

This is a pretty good mascara. It looks pretty natural which I look for in a mascara. It doesn't really do much anything than coloring and a little bit of lengthening to my lashes but that's ok for a natural mascara. It doesn't clump with one coat but with two it looks bad but I always wear just one coat.
When wearing this, my lashes are not so curly when I come back from school though but they still have a little curl. It does come out on the shower, so it's not so waterproof. It doesn't smudge like regular mascara in the shower though.
I would repurchase because its like the only mascara that looks natural for me.

I've read through the reviews online and I think that the quality of this mascara varies by each one. That being said, mine is great!
It lengthens my lashes and holds the curl in place, which is actually a large accomplishment because my lashes straighten very fast. There are no clumps and the formula applies evenly. This is a great mascara considering its price.
The biggest problem I encountered with this one was that it is so hard to remove!!! I endured that for two weeks, and during that period, I always got rid of them during a hot bath by buffing my lashes gently. Finally, I figured out how it can be removed easily: using oil. I always use oil-free makeup remover and I thought that soap would work on anything, but I was wrong. I tried using a facial oil, which I have abandoned after I got it as a gift because it makes my skin too oily, by placing a few drops on a cotton pad, and it removes mascara perfectly without any harm!
I really like this mascara, and I'm planning to buy more mascaras to experiment but I think I'll buy another one after this for grab-to-go easy appliance :)

on 1/17/2016 12:27:00 AM

I bought this mascara yesterday because I needed a waterproof mascara and this was a good price. This is a simple looking mascara that is not too dramatic which I like. It doesn't clump and has minimal smudging - I fell asleep in it today and it only smudged a tiny bit, but hardly noticeable. The only problem with this mascara (and quite a major one) is that I CAN NOT REMOVE THIS WITH ANYTHING. Makeup wipes will not work, nor hot and soapy water (this has worked with other waterproof mascaras). As I sit here writing this review, this mascara is permanently glued to my lashes, and I am about to go to the store and get some eye makeup remover. I really hope that works.

on 12/26/2015 3:18:00 AM

I was so surprised with the quality of this mascara. I would usually go for a more expensive mascara but I bought this in a hurry once from my supermarket and I was so amazed! I found the wand being a simple straight style made it so easy to manipulate and control the amount and limit clumps. I usually don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes but this mascara was so easily manipulated that I could do so in a very natural looking way. Some girls are really into this over the top almost dirty looking mascara look but I'm so not into that and so this mascara satisfied a natural lash look for such a cheap price.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've no idea how out of the mascara's I've recently tried that are WP, this cheap one comes out on top?! In the winter months my eyes water like crazy from the wind. I seldom wear or wore WP and already have many reg formula mascaras, but I lately cannot stand doing my eye makeup and having it be ruined by the wind and excessive watery eyes. Anyhow, this GL makes my lashes thick, black and curl and it's non smudging. I tried Rimmel Argan WP, Falsies Big Eyes WP and CG Plumpify WP; NONE of them looked nearly as good as plain ol' GL! I gave away the CG one, and returned the other 2 aforementioned. This will now be my go to WP formula for winter. Only complaint is it's hard to remove, but what WP mascara isn't. Baby oil's the only thing that takes it off, but that's a small consolation considering I love it.

Popular Mascaras