MAC Cosmetics Flammable Paint

No Image

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

For some reason New Zealand MAC stores are still carrying this color with their paints, which is awesome because I was going to have to shell out 30 bucks for it on ebay since the US MAC stores stopped carrying it a long time ago. This is a rich dark pinky red as it comes out of the tube, but sheers down really nicely to a bright red, and then to a coral-ish hot pink, and then to a coral. It is VERY easy to blend, much more so than lots of other paints, which is good since it is quite bright and mistakes would show quite easily. It is suprisingly wearable, and provides a great base for a lot of different colors. Great under browns, bronzes, coppers, peaches, corals and provides a lovely rich depth.
Does not give the "rabid bunny eye" look as long as you line your eyes with black liner.

If you have this color and Rubenesque PP you can mix them together for a good replica of Coral Crepe PP (which is the new LE paint pot with the Pret-a-Papier collection).

By the way, I actually prefer the paints in tubes rather than the paint pots as they stay WAY creamier and more hygienic for much much longer.

on 12/27/2009 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a gorgeous deep primary red color with a very tiny hint of shimmer to it, but when blended out, has more of a matte finish.
I've only used this as an eyeshadow base so far, but absolutely love it. Applied over top of UDPP and blended out smoothly with the red from either MAC's "Mi'Lady" or "Danger Zone" MES over top -GORGEOUS!! It really deepens the red tones and adds a heck of an oomph!

A little definitely goes a loooong way. I use a very little bit on my finger tip to blend across my lids and sometimes that even seems like too much.
I like how it doesn't crease, even after 8+ hours of wear, it doesn't crack or make my skin feel dry or stretched or anything like that. It's totally comfortable and dries quickly.

I use Neutrogena's Makeup Remover wipes for this and it wipes off sooo easily. No staining of my skin at all and doesn't irritate me in the least.

I'm not crazy about the packaging and I never feel like the lid is on all the way, but so far it's not dried out or even come close.
I bought my tube used from an online sale, so I can't comment on the retail price, but as it's MAC -you can bet it's expensive.
For the amount of product in the tube, I guess it's worth the $15 to $20 it must have cost.

If I ever thought I'd run out, I'd definitely grab another one.
If you're into reds, definitely grab one of these -such a gorgeous red shade.:)

Here I've got the red from MAC's "Danger Zone" MES over top of Flammable with "Beauty Marked" in the crease. So beautiful.:)

LOVE IT!!!! :D continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just wore flammable to the mac pre-release event. Looks gorgeous when paired with Bold & Brazen and Embark... Typically Embark looks more a muted plum and more brown... when you put flammble underneath it turns out more plum. Bold & Brazen on top of flammable ends up looking like expensive pink :). personally I didnt really know how to use flammable at first, but I decided to do something different and came out with beautiful results!. I hope they dont discontinue this or bare canvas

on 3/3/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for a photoshoot that I was working on, and it ended up turning into a total disaster. Although a beautiful red wine color, this isn't for the faint of heart.

Many people are allergic to pure red pigment, including the model and myself. The model had to have ALL of her makeup taken off and be sprayed with Fix + to control the burning sensation. Several people are allergic to this type of color and although beautiful, I really would not take the chance. Only reason it got a 2 is because of how beautiful the color is.

First time I used this paint, even though I took it off immediately the area around my eyes felt chaffed and I couldn't wear makeup for a good week. If you have sensitive skin or you cannot handle red pigment on the skin, do not use this!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Shade Description: Intense red with red shimmer.
I donít reach for this often but when I doÖwow! Paired with Helium this seriously rocks! The number of compliments I have had when I wear this is brilliant because I rarely get people coming up to me to compliment my makeup but with this people really do take notice. So probably avoid it if you donít want to draw too much attention to yourself but if youíre feeling playful or daring go for it!
Itís probably worth mentioning that when it comes to removing this you do need a decent makeup remover (MAC Cleanse Off Oil is the best product Iíve come across for removing all traces of makeup or you could go for Sweet Almond Oil for a less expensive option/natural option).

on 8/15/2008 3:22:00 AM

can be tricky to use at first but i find this best as a base to eyeshadow rather than a shadow itself because its slightly difficult to get a nice blend from it because it dries quickly, which is a good thing.

its a great bright red and i havnt tried it on anything but eyes but imagine it would look splendid.

keeps colors from creasing as well. this is just a fun product in general to play with.

on 6/8/2008 12:31:00 PM

I love the vibrancy and colour pay off of this paint. Its nice to have something a little unusual in colour that I can wear regularly and get the 'wow look at your eyes' glances. Beauty Marked goes wonderfully with Flammable, and it can lend a nice unusual look to other shades - it can lend itself well to some unusaul combinations such as Steamy. The texture is really creamy and smooth, but I feel it can seem a tad oily on the lids until it has dried properly. Also, If you are relativley new to the whole makeup experimental thing, by all means buy it but be prepared to spend a day indoors perfecting the look.

Paint can also be used , well almost anywhere. It makes a beautiful temporary tattoo effect which I took advantage of for my last fancy dress outing. It can also be used as a blush but this is very hardcore red blush colour - I think very few people can carry it off as a blush. It also would make a beautiful lip colour, espiacilly with a bit of balm or gloss. Without this I found it quite uncomfortable and drying.

On the down side, it can be a pain to blend due to drying really quickly, so you need a highly blendable eyeshadow to do the job properly. Also, as other have noted the packaging is a pain in the royal behind. Once you have had time to get used to it, fine all well and good, but the first time I used it, I gave it a nice solid squeeze...eurgh felt like lady Macbeth. And this stuff does NOT come off without a fight. Good in some ways, ie a long night on the town but not when it comes to the dry cleaning bill.

I said yes for repurchasing, as I love the uniquness and vibrancy, but I cannot see myself needing to for a while. A little goes such a long way - I need barely any for a muted red look on my lids and only slightly more for an in your face red.

Highly Reccommended!

Nadia xx

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It took a little bit of getting used to because of the packaging. It's highly pigmented, and you only need a tiny amount. It comes in a tube, so at first it's easy to get too much product and smudge it to places you don't want it, which is a little bit of a pain because of the intense color.
It's all worth it though.

This is probably my HG when it comes to red eyeshadow. I haven't used it for other color combinations, which it what everyone raves about. I got it because I wanted a red eyeshadow, and a good one is hard to find.

It's a rich, blood red, almost teetering on burgundy. I like to use this with my "red" eyeshadows to fix them (ex: I've had two that were too coppery and so using the dark red of flammable with them made them a truer red. I also got a red eyeshadow from Hot Topic that looks awful when you blend it by itself, even if it is close to red, so using it with flammable helps.).

It's very pigmented and lasts pretty well. A tube lasts a pretty good while since such a small amount is needed.

And the SA told me it can be used for pretty much anywhere you want to apply it.

on 12/26/2007 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic product and colour! I was wary about gettng this as I thought it would look like I'd been crying as well as suffering from a lack of sleep but I was very wrong. It's very pigmented which is a very good thing. I must admit that it can be a pain to remove but the fantastic colour combinations that I've made with this make it all so worthwhile. It looks great with a wash of Helium Pigment over the topp and a bit of Sea Me shadestick to line and so so sexy with Beauty Marked. I have had compliments from many a male (who, in my experience, don't usually like women wearing a lot of makeup) on these combinations.

on 6/15/2007 6:32:00 PM

This paint is my forever buying product. I used to wear blush as a red shadow, for no company (except for online like bloody mary cosmetics and manic panic) made red eyeshadows. On top of the WONDERFUL shade, it lasts forever. I only have to apply it once a day, and it lasts alllllll day and night.
This is a must have for the punks/goths out there.