L'Oreal Colour Juice in Peachy Sheen

No Image

4.5

on 4/4/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this gloss! I have pigmented lips and was sick of having to put concealor on them before all my glosses to get that nude lip I wanted. This color is a somewhat opaque, flattering golden peach and I love it! Perfect everyday nude lip, lots of product for the money and my favorite lip gloss. I found it on Ebay, since it was limited edition, but well worth it! Wish they would bring it back :)

on 4/8/2006 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think this is a unique CJ LE shade. It's nude, which a hint of peach, and slight shimmer, that does not leave a white cast. It's gorgeous with dark eyes, and very smooth on the lips. If you're not a fan of nude shades, this one will not seem that exciting. I always look forward to seeing new CJs.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because it is more "peach" than the other peaches they sell (peaches n cream, etc) It actually approximates the color of a peach more. It has golden shimmer, and on me it is as close to Mai Tai as I've come. In fact, it has less pink than mai tai, and I like to have both options. The golden shimmer is what I like best. It is very sheer, like most colour juices, but does add a little peachy wash to the lips. Doesn't wash me out.

on 4/5/2006 1:44:00 PM

This is part of the new spring/summer campaign for 2006 (something to do with how great nudes/neutrals are or something). I think it's probably LE, but am not 100% certain. The color is a light, creamy melon (like the inside of a not-quite-ripe canteloupe) with a very, very subtle shimmer. Layering it a bit gives me a slightly milky sorta peachy color that lightens my natural lip color and gives me a sort of pale nude look that's glowy rather than deadening. It sorta reminds me of Milani's Lite Color lipstick in Aphrodite or Melon Fizz, but not frosty. It's not the most unusual color in the world, but I like it okay--especially because the shimmer is not pronounced at all. The scent, lasting power, texture, packaging, price, etc. are all the same as the normal Colour Juices so I won't bore anyone by getting into them. However, I don't think I'd repurchase this particular color as it wasn't too exciting to me.

ETA: I agree that this is very close to Mai-Tai (also LE summer) but Mai-Tai has a pretty obvious golden shimmer/irridescence, while Peachy Sheen is bit less flashy.