MAC Prism

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Prism was my very first MAC blush which I bought when I had a makeover done. I asked for an everyday neutral look and the MA gave me the perfect look which included this blush. (I remember buying the eye shadows, lipstick and the Prism blush)

It looks quite plain and boring in the package but it gives a very subtle glow to my NC30 skin tone. I have rosacea and I find this blush doesn't bring out the redness like other blushes can.
MAC describes it as a muted pink brown shade and that's pretty accurate. I like applying it on top of a BB pot rouge (either Uber Beige or Powder Pink) for a bit more colour and staying power.
This is the perfect neutral blush for everything and I'm so glad I re-discovered it after all these years.

Thank you MAC for not discontinuing this shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Bought this based on some reviews here. I'm NW20-25 and wouldn't have purchased this but a couple of reviewers with my same coloring liked it. Thing is, it looks brown and muddy and flat in the pan, but when I apply it, it looks like me. I applied it in natural light and it became the blue-based reddish/brownish color that appears naturally in my cheeks. It doesn't look like blush. It just looks like I have more color in my face. Some days I wear it alone; others, I'll highlight a little with WNW Reserve Your Cabana; and some times I add a little CoverGirl Plumberry Glow on the very tops of my cheeks. Prism will become a go-to for me. Not the kind of go-to that makes you jump up and down but the kind that makes you look healthier and more awake. I need all of that I can get!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am a huge MAC blush fan, I have tried so many. Sunbasque used to be my favourite, wear-with-everything, hard to overdo colour, but I think Prism has dethroned Sunbasque. My shade is NC30. I've tried (but not bought) Exposed and Blushbaby for this natural nude flush people kept talking about, but they were so cool toned on me, and I also tried Tenderling, but it was too fair. I love my peachy blushes but sometimes they clash with certain lipcolours and eyeshadows. I never hear anyone talking about Prism, but I'm so glad I picked it up. On my skin it looks like a soft nude that's 100% neutral, not too cool or warm. It also has no rose or red in it, which I appreciate, because my cheeks flush. This is pigmented and deep enough to where I don't have to struggle to build it up, but still natural looking no matter how much I put on. Will never be without Prism!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I used to enjoy experimenting with other blush brands, but now I've tried MAC I will only ever stick to my two favourites (MAC and Tarte). This is so finely milled but the powder doesn't fly everywhere and get stuck in all the cracks of the packaging. I enjoy being able to see the colour through the packaging and how sturdy it feels.

I am very fair so if I use this as a blush I have to use a light hand, but this colour is also handy as a contour shade. I have never found a blush so practical and long lasting, this lasts longer than my Tarte Amazonian Clay!

Worth. Every. Dollar.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Why do I bother with any other brand of blush? MAC has the best finely milled but not dusty formula and you can buy two shades of MAC for the price of some other high end blushes. The tablet is a good size and easy to open.

Prism is perfection. I am NW 20/25 and was looking for some extra color for the summer without going for a bright shade. This is perfection. A neutral, mid toned, mauvey beige. More tan than Cargo Tonga. Less orangey than Tarte Glisten or Buff. No sparkles. Just what I was looking for. My cheeks but oh so much better.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This blush has history. From my ratchet crazy days to interviewing at my first corporate job, this blush has been with me since the beginning! It's great on my skin tone (tan nc42) and it lasts forever! I really like the formula of this blush as well. Some of the MAC blushes are hard to work with but this blends easily and the color is great for work and play.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So another reviewer said they believe this is one of MAC's hidden gems and I couldn't agree more . . . when I bought it the MAC SA tried to sample it on the back of my hand but it didn't really show up. She swatched it with a paper towel/kleenex and it looks muddy and I was kind of hesitant.

She convinced me to try it, and I'm really really glad she did. I wear it at least every other day and it's just a very neutral, soft pink. It looks muddy in the pan but it isn't once you put it on. I usually wear it over mineralize skin finish and it stays the same all day, doesn't oxidize at all. I use it on the apples of my cheeks and a little further down as I don't contour on a daily basis. For reference, in Studio Fix Fluid I wear a mixture of NW15 and NW20 so I'm really pale with cool undertones.

I wear this as a regular blush as, for me, it gives me a pop of natural colour without looking too much like it's blush. I naturally have very red skin so I was always hesitant about trying pinkish blushes but this one looks like it's a natural rosey cheek colour for me.

I usually finish with FIX + and that doesn't change the colour of it either. It's definitely a hidden gem because without the SA convincing me it would be amazing I definitely would not have purchased it and loved it.

Another reviewer mentioned she had trouble getting enough product out of the pan but I have found with this blush sometimes it looks like you don't have enough product on your brush but you definitely do to give you just that natural pop of colour. Definitely will repurchase once this runs out - which will be a while because you don't need a huge amount of this product for a great look.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have light yellow skin tone and this is an amazing shade for contouring and gives me bronzed look. It is a cool toned taupe with a hint of peach undertones. It isn't very pigmented so you don't need to worry about over applying. I'm running out which reminds me that need to buy another one soon!

I love the colour of this it's my favourite everyday blush,but because it's quite a neutral colour I also use it for contouring. I will definitely be repurchasing this!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush so much. After years of wearing bright corals and pinks, I tried this for a subtler look and it looks absolutely splendid on my NC30-35 skintone. It's like a warm peachy nude on me and I love pairing it with my So chaud lipstick and just mascara on the eyes. Everyone needs to try that combination. Sometimes I use this blush over foundation and other times I layer it over my tarte cheek stain in fearless. Both results are great but I personally like it better when it's layered on top of cream blush because it lengthens the wear time and looks less powdery. The formula is matte so no shimmer yay! This ones definitely worth a try!