no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This is for the parfum extrait. I agree with jtcomboy especially with the similarity to MKK, but the indolic part only lasts an hour on my skin, until the slightly dirty musk turns powdery. It wraps around you, enveloping but not dry. Kama smells moist, damp, rich and it is mustier than MKK for sure. Quite lovely overall!! It is unique, very wearable, and feels realistic, not perfumey. The sillage is quite good as well.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

11 years ago

Notes (from the Ava Luxe website): Exotic musks, Ambergris, Civet, Black Amber, Labdanum Bulgarian Rose absolute. A lovely, sexy animalic. Mustier than Serge Lutens Muscs Koublaï, and more resinous (probably the amber and labdanum). For some reason, it reminds me dark bedrooms paneled with mahogany wood. In addition to the listed notes, I also get hints of leather and tobacco. This works very well as a masculine. A lovely scent, without the balls-out sexuality of SL MKK (which might be a good thing, for wearing in polite company).

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

13 years ago

I didn't think I would really like Kama (not extreme edition) in the EDP when I sniffed it from the vial, it is a slightly "dirty" musk and in the nose, you really get a whiff of the civet and animalic notes. I normally run, a mile away, from civet combined with indolic florals or bergamot. I hate Jicky due to the civet, and I hate Joy due to the civet. However, with this scent, once you apply this on the skin it becomes soft and supple, I smell hints of tanned leather, tobacco and a clean "raunch" smell of booty and perhaps hot skin, at the base, but not overwhelmingly so - just enough to be very sex-ay. I have the vial of the EDP and boy, does it have sillage! Va-Va-Va-Voom. If you only like clean, crisp musks, or only feminine girlie scents, I would say steer clear, this is not for you. But if you like animalic scents, esp. animalic musks (and I do see the correlation between this and SL MKK), that are androgynous -- you should definitely try this one. I think I would want to get this in the oil version. It's on the list! Fabulous sexy scent, good for a man or woman. The notes are: "Musks, Ambergris, Civet, Black Amber, Labdanum, Bulgarian Rose absolute."

About reviewer (1125 reviews)

Age

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

13 years ago

This review is for the revamped version. Of course, a musk fragrance named after the Hindu love god is going to make me flash back to my first abortive attempt at college, in the early '70s. There was a guy living in the dorms that I had a crush on (unreciprocated). He had a sign on his room door saying "Doctor of the Resurrected Head." We used to turn the lights off in the room, watch TV with the sound off while listening to music--I think that's where I first heard "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" at full length. Kama is the perfume I would have worn to impress him. If this doesn't seem like much of a recommendation, let me just add that he was a man of wealth and taste.

About reviewer (545 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

13 years ago

When Kama first came out, it was by far the most animalic musk I've ever smelled. I've always been a big fan of dirty musks, and SL's MKK is one of my very favorite fragrances, but Kama was too fecal to be wearable. Apparently Serena got plenty of feedback because she changed the blend and that's what I'm reviewing. The new musk is still dirty, albeit it's softened quite a bit by a warm, ambery and creamy rose. It wears closely to the skin, making it smell warm and slightly spiced. It's a wonderful scent and a must for any musk lover - especially those who love FM's Musc Ravageur, Le Labo's Labdanum or even SL's MKK. Notes: Musks, Ambergris, Civet, Black Amber, Labdanum, Bulgarian Rose absolute.

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

Age25-29