Physicians Formula Wonder Brow - Dark Brown

No Image

4.8

HG!

WTF did PF discontinue this?? I actually called this morning to bitch them out about it, but the lines were busy. Off to eBay I go.

This wax stick is brilliant. It eliminates steps and is convenient. It fills and makes brows stay, and lasts all day. Doesn't cause breakouts, is basically THE PERFECT brow wax.

on 2/1/2008 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

These were gone at CVS with a line through the bar code so they can not be re-ordered. I found them on clearance at Walgreens and bought two. I do not think they are being discontinued though. They are on the PF site with a new name, Wonderful Brow.
I bought these based on the reviews. I'm an over-tweezer and need something to fix my brows up. These glide on smooth and very sheer. The thick pencil lets you fill the area quicker, although you may need a Q-tip to clean up if you have thin brows. Once I clean up, it stays put. The sheerness prevents over doing it. I don't find these provide much staying power. Just the slight wax may give you a bit of hold but don't except to tame brows with this. No eyebrows zits from the wax and it's not as waxy as MAC. The Dark Brown was fine for my almost black brows since I color my hair a lot lighter than my brows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very blonde hair and light eyebrows. This just is the best. It goes on almost sheer but shows up and coats my thin eyebrow hairs somehow. I have tried all sorts of pencils, waxes, etc. and this is the last of search. Finally, faded brows are fixed, now to figure out how to control my wrinkles.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I cant believe I have not reviewed this HG product. My brows are naturally non existent. I have spent years looking for the perfect pencil to fill them in so they look natural, easy to apply and lasts all day.

Ive tried almost every type of pencil out there. Im not a brow powder kinda gal, it takes too long for me, and doesnt fill out my brows. I think powder is better for those that just need to fill in some spots, rather than drawing on a whole brow like I need.

Almost every pencil that I liked before was costly. I liked those korean brand pencils, but at $22 a pop, it was expensive as I needed to repurchased once every 2 months at least. Then I really liked the MAC pencil, but that thing barely lasted a month. It was so thin that i broke off often too. Ive tried the Chanel pencil, Shu, and other brands I cant name right now, but practically all pencils that got any praise.

I stumbled upon this on a whim, and I havent looked back. It is cheap, looks great, applies quickly and lasts all day. The color is perfect too. The pencil is fat, but it comes with a sharpener. But I find the thickness of the stick very conveinent. I can now fill in my brows very quickly, and they almost always look great. Also, this lasts all day. It is kinda dry, but I like it. Not too much color comes out at first, so its easy to control. Also, the dark brown is a true dark brown, so hint of red or gray.

This is my absolute HG for brows.

Add my glowing report to the rest! I fear they may be discontinuing this item... it was half price at Ulta and CVS. Hopefully, they're just changing the packaging or something. Really wonderful product with great staying power and not a hint of red. A nice dark cool brown.

on 5/30/2007 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this product! Ordered it off e-bay as I could not find it in any of my local stores. I got the color dark brown, which fills in my brows nicely without looking too overdone (much better than the soft black pencil I was using). The consistency is like a powder and wax in one...kind of like what Smashbox would maybe make if they put their browtech in combined pencil form. Also, the price is excellent! Will definitely repurchase when I run out! *UPDATE* Got a second pencil in a wonderful RAOK, but this one didn't seem to work as well. Seemed very hard and came out looking sloppy. Ended up using Sephora's brow palette in 02 (like Smashbox, but with one more brow color and 12.00 instead of 25.00--also lasts longer). Still not a bad product though.

on 9/1/2006 2:00:00 PM

MAC Crayon in Fling is my fav but I was going through a pencil in 2 months (there is a 'drop' of product in there, like .000something oz.) - so couldn't see myself spending over $80 a year on my brows. And that's just for the outer corners. I was filling in the rest and going over Fling with a powder, NYX's Chocolate eyeshadow. I followed my fellow MUA members to the Physician's Formula Wonder Brow section at Longs. YES, finally found a cheap subsitute. I can't use a brown brow product that has red in it because my brows are already red (fading tatooed brows). And I needed a product almost as indelible as an El Marko pen since I have no brow hair on outer ends. Wonder Brow to the rescue. Dark Brown has no red - it's a black brown, but not harsh since like other MUAs mentioned, it's a gel/wax so the color is semi-sheer. I used the word gel b/c it's pretty smooth. Just don't apply too much b/c it starts to bunch up and skip when you put on too many layers. Wonder Brow with my NYX Chocolate behaved just as well as MAC's Crayon. It lasted all day - MAC is just a little more rub resistant than Wonder Brow. And my brows didn't look red at all. MAC Crayon has a great, thin lead, allowing a more precise application, but at that price I'll be using MAC only occasionally. Thanks again (waving arms in air) MUA peeps for finding a great product and saving me money! Update: Took off a lippie b/c you just can't beat a MAC crayon brow. I'll use Wonder Brow when I know the day will not be MAC-worthy.

on 12/7/2006 5:40:00 PM

I had been using Shu's hard pencil in seal brown for the last couple of years. I believe that was my HG because the color is just perfect and the texture lends itself to a very natural application. That said, PF's Wonder Brow replaced my Shu in one heartbeat. The color is just as natural, brown with no strange red tinge, and the texture is far superior to Shu. It is not as hard as Shu. Applying this pencil is a breeze whereas Shu can literally be a bit of a drag on certain days. Price wise, the Shu was an insane deal because one $20 pencil lasts forever (something like a year with daily use) whereas the $6 PF wax pencil is soft and I've been sharpening it very frequently. Nevertheless, I'll probably be buying the PF because it appears to have superior staying power. Something about this particular wax formula makes it more resistant to melting away as my face gets a bit greasy throughout the day.

Holy Grail material. Finally a great brow pencil that stays on. Truly a miracle product. Thanks to all who recommended this before I bought it today. Thank you!!!!

i love this product. it comes in a chubby tube with a hidden manual sharpener. the product is a semi-sheer neutral medium-dark brown (looks much more subtle on than i expected, gladly). the color stays-put ALL day until i wash it off.

the waxiness is not at all greasy feeling. it does a decent job at keeping brows in place, but i prefer to use this to fill in bare spots and follow with a clear ms to set.

overall, an awesome product and a great $$$, but this color does not match my ashy-taupe brows at all.

cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

Popular Brows Products