OPI Princesses Rule

OPI Princesses Rule
Princesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses Rule

4.3

on 1/8/2016 9:41:00 AM

I have a mini of this but will probably upgrade to a full bottle when it's time...it's super versatile and the formula is great for this type of shade.

Princesses Rule (I actually hate the name lol but whatevs) is a very sheer light baby pink with extremely fine silver sparkles. It looks delicate and girly. I normally go for more edgy shades but this is so pretty. While sheer, each coat goes on very evenly and I can reach *almost* full opacity in 3 coats. These coats don't streak, bubble, go on too thick - A+++ formula OPI! Also, glittery polishes can be brittle and chip easily, this one doesn't have that problem.

When I wear it on its own, the color just isn't that flattering on my hands (I have a medium olive skintone). Looks fantastic over other pinks. I imagine this would look amazing on very fair or dark ladies :)

Also, it looks ADORABLE on my 3 year old daughter.

I like the colour of this product. It is a very sheer baby pink colour with lots of silver glitter in it. However, I find that it is too sheer to wear alone so I would only use it as a top coat over other pink colours. It is sheer enough that you can use it as a top coat over non-pink colours, but it does make other colours look lighter, so beware of this. A nice enough colour, but too expensive for something that I would only use as a top coat. I love the name though!

on 3/2/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this as a mini in a travel set. I was prepared for a juvenile polish given its name, but was pleasantly surprised how sophisticated this looks. The base is an opalescent pink with lots of white shimmer in it, and with two coats it is visibly pink. Perfect for those days when you want low maintenance nails that won't show chips and makes your fingers look clean and pretty. Love it.

Such a pretty pink shade! I only need 2 coats and they go on perfectly. Great opacity with this colour I like to use Seche Vite as a top coat and my polish doesn't budge till I remove it. Such a pretty girlie spring shade. I love sparkly pinks and this one is excellent for pale or dark skintones. I like this shade too because I like pale pinks with some shimmer. It dries very quick and doesn't chip or anything. Lasts till I take it off as well. It's just a great colour that I would recommend for pretty much every skintone. It is a definite favorite of mine. So Recommended!

I am onto my second bottle of this product, and while it is certainly wearable on it's own, I much prefer it as a top coat. It looks stunning over pinky colours, no matter how dark or light. It is very sheer and can be worn over colours from a different colour family (e.g. blue or green) without showing up pinky. This is due to the fact that the pink base is very sheer. I really like this colour but would not wear it alone. It costs $20AUD and is probably quite dupable.

on 11/2/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This formula is great, the color is just a little too light and sheer for my taste. This would be super-cute for young girls, though. I'll use this up, but wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/22/2014 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. Princesses Rule is a light pink micro shimmer polish that I love and have re-purchased thanks to OPI not d/c it. It originally debuted with the "Charming Collection in 2009.
Now you may be thinking it's for little girls, wrong, it is a cool toned pastel pink with subtle micro glitter that is pretty and feminine but not juvenile.
It goes on sheer but with two coats you'll get bottle color. Great for a top coat also and it removes easily. In the light it looks like an opal gemstone with micro shimmer flashes of blue, green, pink, ...sigh! Go get it!

on 3/8/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite nail polishes of all time. A light ballerina pink with a LOT of very fine green & white glitter, it looks great as a top coat on any warm colored nail polish (never tried it on a blue... YET) or as a stand alone color. To achieve full opacity it takes ~4 coats, but looks beautiful.

The formula isn't super pigmented, but goes on streak-free, and the brush is great, as always with OPI.

As a note, more recent formulations have a more pigmented base and pearlescent (rather than iridescent) shine, which may or may not be your cup of tea.

on 2/17/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another home run for OPI. This gorgeous shade is a light, subtle pink with shimmer. Can be worn as one coat to give the nails a more professional look or layered for a deeper sparkle. My favorite way to wear this is over a light creamy pink.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Girly delicate perfection! I'm not one for sparkles but even I couldn't resist this polish. While Princesses Rule looks like a shimmery topcoat, it has enough pink hue of its own to be worn solo. I like it best when I can just barely see the whites of my nails through the shimmer- think french mani 2.0. Princesses Rule gives a very high shine dazzling effect that is gorgeous in direct sunlight. The silvery white microshimmer is fine and looks more sophisticated than one would think. I like that from afar, this polish looks natural but it is still super shimmery and unique. It's not too loud for work but never boring. Looks gorgeous over ballet pink and any pale shades.

Popular Polishes