OPI Princesses Rule

3.0

on 4/20/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is probably my favourite nail colour. It looks great on my dark skin (my hands are around NC35). I am in my 30s, but it doesn't look inappropriately young on me. I don't know if it's appropriate for work, it probably depends on where you work. It is shimmery, so if you don't like shimmer, do not buy this. The application is excellent, and because of the shimmer, very forgiving, all your mistakes don't stare out at you, which is important because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to nail polish application, and I get really frustrated if streaks and bubbles show.
The shimmer does dull over a few days, but I easily get 10 days out of the polish with base and top coats, and 3 weeks on my toes without chipping.
I love this, and I will absolutely buy it again when I run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's Princesses Rule is a very, very sheer sparkly light-light pink - not glitter but micro sparkles of pink, white, and silver. I bought this basically as a top coat to dress up a couple of creme polishes that I have. It does the trick but I feel like a six year old wearing it so although it's nice, it's not for me. It's extremely sheer and would take many coats to get bottle color. The application and wear were typical OPI quality - wonderful. I wouldn't buy it again, though.