OPI Princesses Rule

Princesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses Rule

4.4

on 2/17/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another home run for OPI. This gorgeous shade is a light, subtle pink with shimmer. Can be worn as one coat to give the nails a more professional look or layered for a deeper sparkle. My favorite way to wear this is over a light creamy pink.

on 3/22/2014 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. Princesses Rule is a light pink micro shimmer polish that I love and have re-purchased thanks to OPI not d/c it. It originally debuted with the "Charming Collection in 2009.
Now you may be thinking it's for little girls, wrong, it is a cool toned pastel pink with subtle micro glitter that is pretty and feminine but not juvenile.
It goes on sheer but with two coats you'll get bottle color. Great for a top coat also and it removes easily. In the light it looks like an opal gemstone with micro shimmer flashes of blue, green, pink, ...sigh! Go get it!

on 4/11/2016 1:54:00 PM

Ok I LOVE this one! OPI's Princesses Rule is a sheer, baby-pink shimmer that's shot through with tons of silvery microsparkles. So gorgeous and flattering! I like sheer polishes when they're SUPPOSED to be sheer, if that makes sense. Well this is an excellent one. A must-have OPI in my opinion.

Looks beautiful on its own but also makes for a great base for glitter polishes. It looks PERFECT after two coats. It doesn't look like much in the bottle but on the nail, it's just so pretty. I can't recommend this polish enough. This is the kind of color that looks good on anyone from the ages of eight to eighty.

Would absolutely buy this one again. LOVE!!!

on 3/21/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's gorgeous. Unicorn in a bottle. I love to wear it when I'm feeling bogged down with life. The glitter allows for daydreams and the compliments are endless!

This is a fantastic colour! I don't use it on its own... I use one coat of it UNDER pale shades (pale beiges, cream, pastel pinks etc) and it is amazing to bring a little bit of life to those pale neutrals that I love so much. The shimmer shows through only a little bit under one coat of a neutral colour. I love this :)

on 2/27/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

You'll love this, if you like girly, pinkish looks like me.
It's really sparkly (pink and silver fine sparkles) and pretty sheer, so when it starts chipping (after a week or so), it's not that noticeable.
P.S.: The color will look four times more lighter when what it looks like in the bottle.

on 3/8/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite nail polishes of all time. A light ballerina pink with a LOT of very fine green & white glitter, it looks great as a top coat on any warm colored nail polish (never tried it on a blue... YET) or as a stand alone color. To achieve full opacity it takes ~4 coats, but looks beautiful.

The formula isn't super pigmented, but goes on streak-free, and the brush is great, as always with OPI.

As a note, more recent formulations have a more pigmented base and pearlescent (rather than iridescent) shine, which may or may not be your cup of tea.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Girly delicate perfection! I'm not one for sparkles but even I couldn't resist this polish. While Princesses Rule looks like a shimmery topcoat, it has enough pink hue of its own to be worn solo. I like it best when I can just barely see the whites of my nails through the shimmer- think french mani 2.0. Princesses Rule gives a very high shine dazzling effect that is gorgeous in direct sunlight. The silvery white microshimmer is fine and looks more sophisticated than one would think. I like that from afar, this polish looks natural but it is still super shimmery and unique. It's not too loud for work but never boring. Looks gorgeous over ballet pink and any pale shades.

on 3/8/2012 12:52:00 AM

I didn't look at swatches before buying this colour so I thought I would be disappointed when I realized it was a sheer pink, but I just used it for the first time and I love how it looks over other colours! I put it over a minty green and it really toned down some of the green to make a pretty pearly green shade. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This polish is lovely. When I first applied it, I thought, "Aww man! Not another sheer polish! " then I applied up to five coats. I then thought, "Oooo this is soooo pretty!" It is a beautiful subtle, pale baby pink shimmer. It's beautiful, and it lasts a long time. I relaxed my hair, but did not apply top coat. Relaxer normally eats my polish, but not this stuff. No chipping, dents, nothing. Just beautiful color! Good Job OPI! Love it!

Popular Polishes