Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

Skin type: combination but more on the oily side. Sensitive with some acne scarring.

Hi guys!

I've literally just joined this site and thought I would review this FAB product first! I've been using this for a good few years now.

I LOVE the feel of this product on moisturised skin. It feels soft and very smooth. I apply a 'good' amount all over my face (not too much though) and wait for a couple of minutes. This primer works like a dream with liquid foundations. I find my foundation is easier to apply, my skin looks more even and it helps control the oils, especially on my cheeks. I have tried other products but always come back to this one. I would defo recommend it! Ok so the price tag might be on the high end for such a small pot (£26.50) but I do believe it is worth it! I'm not keen on the glassed packaging because when you only have a little product left in the pot, it is difficult to scoop the product out due to the inside rim. So if you use your fingers and have long nails, you will struggle to scoop every last bit!

I haven't noticed much difference to my fine lines and pores but I do feel it just 'works' with the rest of my make-up. Hence I gave it a 4* rather than 5.

This primer is not itchy, flaky or smelly like some other primers.

Hope this helps!

I wouldnt buy this again because it did absolutely NOTHING for my enlarged pores . It's ultra expensive and it doesn't work

To Read all 331 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this primer, great for large pores and pitted scarring which i have lots of. Smooths out my skin and dries matte which I love cause I'm very oily. Was using the Clinique pore refining instant solution which works great too.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Based on positive reviews, I decided to give it a go.
Pros:
- The spatula for hygienic reasons
- A little goes a long way

Cons:
- My skin feels oily. Bad if you have oily or combination skin like me (even though I read from other reviewers it was ok for oily skin - it didn't work for me).

Perhaps I'll only wear in my cheeks from now on.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I noticed in another members reviews whom stated that darker skin ladies may not get the best results this product has to offer. That assumption is incorrect. I'm African American and I love this product. This primer does not alter my foundation shade nor leave a white/pale cast. It actually blends seamlessly. Darker skinned women please give it try.

Best under makeup primer for my over 50 dry skin, period. Best skin perfector to use when I don't care to wear additional makeup, period.
Side by side (using Benefit THE PORE fessional on one side of my face over a basic moisturizer & Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch on the other half)
Clarins
-Completely blurs imperfections
-Completely fills in fine lines & wrinkles & even some slightly deeper ones/blurring out the rest
-Completely Obliterates enlarged pores, freckles/age spots
-Blurs out/smoooths over and gives a look of perfection to that dry/loose (face it "turkey waddle' area under my chin and on the upper part of my neck.

It's heavy duty Dimethicone with a definite puttly like 'skin" tone that PERFECTLY blends into my own light skin tone.

Given the above, I'm fairly certain one would not be as happy with the results if one had darker skin or oily or combination skin.

Please bear in mind that I have quite light but very dry over 50 skin.

Now, when I use the Clarins with a BB Cream over it (or Foundation), I am applying both the Clarins and the BB cream (or Foundation) with a Foundation brush using a rapid tapping motion. This generally gives me flawless coverage for several hours (no powder, I use blotting paper if absolutely necessary, it usually isn't)

I then apply a few dots of cream blusher which are also rapidly tapped on with a foundation brush.

If I am wearing a BB cream or foundation, I use one with an SPF of 25 or greater. If I am going without extra coverage, then I also pat on a spf (using a foundation brush)

I now have flawless coverage good for several hours.

P.S....it looks good..in fact perfect...but it is untouchable except with light tapping motions and a foundations brush...heavy dimethicone will slide like a California mud slide if you rub it.
On days when I don't feel I need "perfect" coverage, I will go for something lighter but still good, like my Benefit the PORE fessional.

The product itself is excellent. It's a silicone-based primer, so works well as expected.
It's a thick cream and a little goes a long way.

Silicone is cheap, so this is very over priced for what it is.
It is stable, but the jar does open up for contamination.

Great primer for fine lines and under eyes. I find that primers often dry out my skin. This primer moisturizer and smooths my fine lines as it primes.
It might be too slippery to use on your whole face. I just use under eyes, forehead and nose.
I look younger when I wear it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! covers imperfertions and smooths skin texture. Super good if you wanna cover acne scars

A friend of mine loves this product and convinced me to buy it. I liked it, and it definitely made my face look smoother when i applied it. The only problem was, once i put foundation over it...I didn't like the way it looked. It made my skin look a less toned. I think this product is great if you don't wear makeup and are looking for something to help your pores look smaller and skin smoother... But its not that good as a primer for makeup. MIGHT buy again but still not 100% convinced of its magic. I had been using laura mercier primer before makeup and think it did a much better job.