Dr. Bronner's Baby-Mild Unscented Liquid Soap

Dr. Bronner's Baby-Mild Unscented Liquid Soap

4.1

Not tested on animals

water, saponified organic coconut and organic olive oils (with retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, citric acid, vitamin e. (9.14.09)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I had to choose just one soap or cleanser, it would undoubtedly be some Dr. Bronners baby-mild liquid soap. I have tried all of the uses for it - even brushing my teeth, and it does the job. It may not be the ideal choice for some uses (such as for washing dishes, I have too many minerals in my water and it leaves a cloudy residue) BUT I would still use it for any cleaning purpose and will carry a 2 or 4 oz bottle with me on all trips so I'm covered.
My favorite use for this soap is for shaving my legs. It makes my razor glide over my skin and the razor rinses clean quickly. I also use it to wash my body on days I feel I need an extra good clean. I have also used it in my face and it busts through all makeup with no problems, but it's too drying for my skin type.
I also use this diluted as an all-purpose household cleaning spray, it busts through grease and most grime just fine. Works good on hardwood floors but can dry them out a bit. Some surfaces will need a 50/50 vinegar & water rinse to remove any cloudiness. Some have a psychological battle on wether this is disinfecting enough for cleaning the bathroom, but it's just the hubby and I, so I will use bleach & water when I'm expecting company or if we've experienced any illnesses. We use it religiously to clean all kitchen surfaces and feel it is best because we don't risk introducing anything toxic into our food.
Other ways I have used:
I have washed my dogs with it but it makes my doberman stink, too drying for her skin as well. It works great on my pittie mix. It makes the tub slippery so not ideal for squirmy puppies.
Works good for laundry but is too expensive for this use, so I use only for handwashing.
Leaves a cloudy film on my dishes, so I will use it only when hiking/backpacking or any situation when I need to minimize. Again, too expensive to use as such on a regular basis.
In regards to minimizing, I would use it to brush my teeth with if I had to but yuck (I get credits for future cursing and use of swear words, haha).
Feels weird for washing hair, not keen on having to do the apple cider vinegar rinse and the Dr. B hair rinse is not sold at any stores in my area.
I will use this for scrubbing outdoor surfaces such as the dog's kiddie pool, deck surfaces, washing windows, house exterior surfaces, anything outside you want to throw some soap at because it is biodegradable and won't kill your pets or vegetation. Again, cloudiness waiver, it will dull shiney surfaces.
Did I cover all of the uses? Not sure, but I am sure I highly recommend getting a bottle of this stuff to keep around, you will find a use for it. I do the unscented and add my own scents, but if a desirable smell is what you're looking for, there's plenty to choose from!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love that this is all organic & multi-purpose. I got the 32 ounce at Target for $20. Expensive but should last me a long time. I don't dilute this for my face or body. I love the raw cleansing action because I sweat a lot & only cleanse my face with soap & water at night so I need something that really gets the job done. I used to use the Lavender but recently switched to this Unscented Baby Mild so that I can pick & choose what body lotion I want without conflicting scents. The only cons are that the 32 ounce bottle is so big that it is extremely difficult to put this on a body loofah with wet hands so I plan to put this in a little travel sized bottle to use in the shower. Also good to note that the one lippie off is because the bottle was so big that it slipped & some soap got in my eyes which hurt a lot so to use this on a baby that will probably get soap in their eyes isn't the best.

on 4/27/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased this soap as a recommendation to safely clean a new nose piercing. It seemed to do fine for the first week, but I'm on week 3 of usage and I can't use it any longer. I am going to try to use it for hand soap hereafter, but there are issues there as well. I paid $20 for this product (very overpriced).

It boast of being gentle enough for baby skin. I wouldn't use this on a baby at all. If leaves my skin red, splotchy, and dry. My face looks like I've used a wire brush. I dilute it just as recommended and use a very small amount. It doesn't matter. My skin still suffers. So, what happens? Because the skin is so dry, it produces an excessive amount of oil to compensate for the lack of hydration.

As for the cleaning impact it has on the new piercing, it dries the skin out too much and, I believe, it could very well impede healing. When the skin has to fight to hydrate, any type of injury (piercing, pimples, etc...) will be directly impacted. I have a pimple that has been on my forehead for over a week. It is irritated and the soap isn't making it any better. I HAVE to stop using this soap as a cleanser.

The bottle is enormous and I had to clean out a soap pump and put some in it to save on space and so it would be more application-friendly.

I feel like buying this product was a total waste. Even using it as a hand soap, it has a drying effect. I think I simply threw my money away. I would not recommend this product to anyone with normal to dry skin and I certainly wouldn't advocate for using it on a baby's skin. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

on 4/12/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The pH is 11. If the pH of water is 7.0 and you dilute this soap it still does not make it the appropriate 4.5-5.5 for facial skin. I'm sorry folks, you're destroying your skin by using this.

on 3/5/2015 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I LOVE this liquid soap! I use it to handwash my delicates, silks and sweaters (diluted of course) as well as my makeup brushes and sponges. One large bottle lasts forever. You can pretty much use it for everything around the house - dishes, cleaning the bathroom/tub, bodywash, etc. I love the scent of the Peppermint liquid soap but the oils can strip dyes in clothes, so Baby Mild is my favorite for being the most versatile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wrote a review for the peppermint Dr. Bronner's recently on how great it was, but this stuff I LOVE to wash my face with. I don't know what the ladies below me are using but this is not harsh to my very easily reddened face.

TIP: I mix a little bit of this with a few drops of jojoba oil to wash my face, so maybe that's why I don't find it quite as drying. This combination has worked great for my skin (combined with my konjac sponge), it foams and cleans just as well as many high end organic cleansers. I don't mind the absent fragrance because to moisturize I use the Living Libations Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever oil, and if you have ever used that, you will know it has a wonderful essential oil fragrance.

Very reasonable price for such a great versatile product, I bought a 4oz bottle for $5 and it should last me a while.

on 12/19/2014 10:29:00 PM

what what waaaaat! I do not understand this soap at all. Its terrible! I attempted making a natural DIY cleanser using this and water, I used 3/4 cup water with 1 Tbsp of this soap and put it into a foam dispenser container...I first used it on my hands to give it a try and it made my hands feel disgusting. They felt dry and unclean and it was terrible, there was no way I would put this on my face! It left a film on my hands that I couldnt rinse off so I had to wash them again with dawn dish soap. This is very harsh, I do not understand the hype at all, how are people using this on their face??? Im so sad because I really wanted it to work out since its made of oils I thought it would be a very healthy alternative. : / darn

on 11/20/2014 2:46:00 AM

You must be kidding me! This soap is cr@p! I wouldn't use this on a baby!! It dried my skin so badly, even on my body. How can you use this on a Baby??? What a load of cr@p saying is gentle. I used it based on the reviews and also based on Lisa Bronner Sheet Dilution for Dr. Bronner 's Soaps. Horrible.

I use this to wash my brushes. I picked up the unscented version to be safe as fragrance can sometime irritate my sensitive skin. It does a great job at getting all the makeup out of my brushes every week and is gentle on some of my cheaper brushes that are prone to shedding.

I had no idea where to find this in Australia and then one day came across it randomly in David Jones for a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. It's all I'll use to wash my brushes from now on.

on 9/25/2014 1:10:00 AM

I started using this to clean my make-up brushes. I take a squirt about 1-2 teaspoons into a plastic bowl and add warm water. I swizzle and swirl my brushes through the mixture and then rub over my palm to really foam up the bristles. I then take and squeeze out the foam and rinse. I will do each brush a few times, until the foam is totally free of any make-up residue. If the mixture will not totally release all the make-up, I will run the bristles over a bar of solid Beauty Blender soap one time and this will get any residual make-up left in the brush.

I had been using just my Beauty Blender soap but found I was burning through the bars pretty fast. At $15.95 per bar, this was adding up. I always have Dr. Bronner's All-in-One Castille Soap around my bathroom so I decided to try it, so glad I did! I still use the BB solid when there is deeply imbedded make-up that just doesn't want to release, but doubling it up with Castille soap has greatly reduced my usage and has saved me quite a bit of money.

Dr. Bronner's is available at Target, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe and most grocery stores. I think I paid $9.99 for a 16 oz bottle at my local HEB, well worth the price and since a little goes a long way, a bottle this size will last forever!