Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Yves Rocher Bronze Nature
Great self tanner!

4.7

on 8/2/2012 4:15:00 PM

I have tried this product in the version made for the face. I have to say that I love it. The color is subtle, but buildable, which is what a pasty white girl like myself needs. It doesn't break my face out, which is a huge plus. I also like the scent when first applied, as well as when the tanning ingredients react with the skin. Other products...I should say a lot of products have a tell-tale smell that I find rather disgusting.

on 3/30/2011 4:08:00 PM

I use the face lotion version of this product and I love it! I've tried so many other self-tanners and this one is by far my favourite. It does not have the typical nasty self-tanner smell; in fact, I can't smell it at all after about a minute. It works fast! My face had a beautiful tan after only 2 applications. Not orangey and with a subtle shimmer, which I really like. It is not sticky and is absorbed quickly. It isn't super moisturizing, so I apply my regular moisturizer afterwards. I use this once or twice a week depending on the season to keep my face glowing :)

Best of all this lotion is affordably priced. It's often on sale for about 8-9$ so I never end up paying full price (which is about 18$ I believe). I live out west now, where there are no Yves Rocher stores. I stock up when I visit home or ask my family to ship it to me because it's the only self-tanner I will ever use!

I'm not a big fan of self tanners, and use them rarely. But when my complexion gets that almost transparent look - a little boost of color is nice. I had bad experience with self tanners in the past- they all turned very orange and way too dark on my pale skin. But then I decided to risk it again when Yves Rocher had 50% off for their entire Bronze Nature line. I ordered the liquid spray and gel versions. The gel is a bit too sparkly/glittery for my taste, I prefer the spray because it dries almost instantly and applies like a dream. It doesn't feel oily at all.
Best of all, both gel and spray result in a nicest most natural BRONZE tan. Not orange, not dark brown, but loveliest been-on-a-beach, whats-a-fake-bake? kind of bronze. I could see results after first application. My legs (which are always the palest) needed 3 portions to get a proper tan.
The fragrance is also nice- tropical floral and not overbearing. Since both the gel and the spray are completely colourless it's easy to miss a spot or apply too much. First time I used it, I got a funny stain on my toe and missed a spot on my thigh, but second time I did it more throughly and had better results.
I recommend this to ppl of paler complexion, who want a more subtle, natural looking tan.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the lotion version of this Bronze Nature self-tanner. What I like about it is that it is not sticky like a gel or greasy like a cream. It is a clear spray that you cannot feel after you rub it in and it dries. (don't forget to wear your latex/vinyl gloves to keep your palms from staining.) Also, it will not make you very dark right away so you can use it to gradually "build" a tan. It does have that chemically smell that these products do but not overpowering. They have added a scent also which is fairly mild and doesn't seem to irritate me or impress me one way or the other.. You have to smell it and see how you like it.

on 6/7/2006 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've tried all the products in the new Bronze Nature line so far (spray, shimmer lotion, legs, face, & face anti-wrinkle), & this is my favorite brand that I've tried ever. Very affordable price too compared with nearly any drugstore brand. (With all their sales & internet/mail order specials I've never once paid full price on any of the dozens of YR products that I've purchased.) They make my skin so soft without feeling greasy, & no streaks or orange. They don't even turn my knees & ankles ultra-dark, which has happened to me with SO many self-tanners no matter how sparingly I applied it in those areas. I even love the scent -- kind of a slightly sweet tropical floral scent (tiare flower?), not the usual coconut-type. The only one I might not repurchase is the shimmer one -- it is a bit TOO shimmery for my tastes, but I always apply all my self-tanners before I go to bed & shower in the morning, so it really doesn't matter too much anyway. The anti-wrinkle face tanner is very convenient too, as I can just use it in place of my usual night cream once or twice a week instead of using two products. It's in a plastic jar too, which would make it good for traveling or taking with on vacation. LOVE this line & will definitely repurchase!

on 5/14/2006 11:47:00 AM

I really like this one. I hate the smell of selftanners, but this one doesn't reek! I can actually put it on and leave the house and not be caught in a cloud of bad odour after a while. I wouldn't go to a party or a movie with it on though, I think I can detect a very faint sf smell, but a day in the park or hiking is ok. I also used it on my legs before going to work.(The "summer legs" selftanner version is in comparison a stinker.)
This selftanner is clear in color and comes in a spray bottle.
It is easy to apply, but you have to work fast or it will sink in where you sprayed it. I find it easier to apply after I have used a moisturizer, as it doesn't really moisturize alone even though it says so on the bottle. It gives a quick, tanned glow - not orange, but natural. It is not just a hint of colour, so you can see a difference after only one hour. If you want a deeper tan, reapply.
It smells wonderfull of gardenia, but not too strong.
Remember to shake the bottle before applying, and wash your hands thoroughly (of course) after.
I haven't finished my first bottle, and I have allready purchased a second one.
UPDATE: I think this is the best selftanner for me, it doesn't stink, you see a nice tan quickly, and it makes my skin softer allthough I don't find it very moisturizing. I'm satisfied and will definately repurchase.

Just a note:

After more than 15 years of being a repeat customer at Yves Rocher, I've closed my membership and account after being treated rudely one last time by their customer service in Norway. Clearly the company has a worldwide issue with their customers if they are dissatisfied, after reading more than one review mentioning it.