Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Yves Rocher Bronze Nature
Great self tanner!

4.3

on 8/2/2012 4:15:00 PM

I have tried this product in the version made for the face. I have to say that I love it. The color is subtle, but buildable, which is what a pasty white girl like myself needs. It doesn't break my face out, which is a huge plus. I also like the scent when first applied, as well as when the tanning ingredients react with the skin. Other products...I should say a lot of products have a tell-tale smell that I find rather disgusting.

on 3/30/2011 4:08:00 PM

I use the face lotion version of this product and I love it! I've tried so many other self-tanners and this one is by far my favourite. It does not have the typical nasty self-tanner smell; in fact, I can't smell it at all after about a minute. It works fast! My face had a beautiful tan after only 2 applications. Not orangey and with a subtle shimmer, which I really like. It is not sticky and is absorbed quickly. It isn't super moisturizing, so I apply my regular moisturizer afterwards. I use this once or twice a week depending on the season to keep my face glowing :)

Best of all this lotion is affordably priced. It's often on sale for about 8-9$ so I never end up paying full price (which is about 18$ I believe). I live out west now, where there are no Yves Rocher stores. I stock up when I visit home or ask my family to ship it to me because it's the only self-tanner I will ever use!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the lotion version of this Bronze Nature self-tanner. What I like about it is that it is not sticky like a gel or greasy like a cream. It is a clear spray that you cannot feel after you rub it in and it dries. (don't forget to wear your latex/vinyl gloves to keep your palms from staining.) Also, it will not make you very dark right away so you can use it to gradually "build" a tan. It does have that chemically smell that these products do but not overpowering. They have added a scent also which is fairly mild and doesn't seem to irritate me or impress me one way or the other.. You have to smell it and see how you like it.

on 6/5/2009 10:04:00 PM

I purchased the lotion version of the Bronze Nature line. First off, it does not have that awful 'self-tanner' smell like many of the other brands have, which is great. It actually smelled wonderful; more like a tropical scent. Next, it went on silky smooth and my 'tan' turned out a beautiful golden color! This one is probably my favorite! Great buy too! =)

on 1/20/2009 5:11:00 PM

I have the spray version of this and WOW. I used to use the Neostrata Self Tan in Deep Dark and that was without a doubt the best self tanner in the world for me. But the deep dark color was discontinued and replaced with 'amber' which I have been too scared to try.
So I tried this spray one and wow! Not as good as Neostrata, but the color is gorgeous bronze and not orange at all on my olive skin. It smells like self tanner but not as bad as most. And best of all, it dries quick and doesnt rub off onto clothes.
It also lasts for a long time!!!!

on 6/4/2008 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought the spray version of this, and LOVE it. In fact I compared 4 self tanners (St-Yves progressive tanner, nivea progressive tanner, Marcelle and Yves Rocher) on my stomach and Yves Rocher's was the best. The colour you get is a rich bronze brown that is not orange at all. This self tanner dries quickly, allowing you to dress without having to wait half your day. Also it last pretty long and when you catch it on sale (YR always has 40-50% sales) it is such a bargain!

on 4/25/2008 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the spray tanner, and I love it! It dries quickly, gives me a natural looking tan (but I do not use it on my face), and although its scent is strong, I am able to tolerate it for three hours until I can shower. It does have a typical self tanner scent if not washed off after three hours, but everything I have tried does.

on 6/21/2007 8:50:00 AM

I tried the face and leg ones after reading the reviews here and absoultely love them! The color is natural looking and I had no streaks or anything. This is the 1st self tanner I've used that didn't come out bad on my legs, and I've used a lot (but not the ridiculously expensive ones). The only thing I could have done w/o was the smell, which wasn't so much bad as it was strong. But it was something I could defintely deal w/to have such a great outcome and I didn't notice the smell after about 10 minutes, and my husband didn't say anything about it either. The tubes are a little small for what I'm used to, so I just ordered a few more b/c I really don't want to run out.
I have extremely white, almost see-through, freckled skin, and it just came out great on it. I exfoliated my entire body and face in the shower, also shaving my legs. I dried off completely, put some regular body lotion on my feet and ankles, knees, elbows, hands and wrists and then applied the tanner all over. I did this at night and showered in the morning after a sweaty workout and it looked so natural.
Hope my review helps!

on 3/30/2007 10:46:00 AM

Yesterday I tried the self-tanner for the face "SUNKISSED FACE SUNLESS TANNING CARE" which apparently can be used on the face and the body so that was a plus. I exfoliated my face and then I moisturized. I applied the cream or shall i say gel as they call it. It was easy to apply but because it's clear not tinted it's kinda hard to see if you miss any spots. I applied it in circles (Mr. Miagy style - wax on wax off) and it seems to be absorbed pretty quick. Then I moved on to my neck and my chest which I moisturized prior to the application. I was so excited to see the colour especially after the sales lady told me it would be noticeable after 2 applications. After an hour I didn't really see a lot of colour so I applied the cream again. i let it dry and went to bed. i was happy in the morning to see that the colour developed nicely with no streaks. even my hads were tanned and no orange at all. I took a shower and the colour faded a bit but it's still there not as strong. I put on some bronzer to even out the skin tone and it looked amazing......

I am going to put on another coat on tonight to see how dark I get....i'll keep you updated.

on 3/16/2007 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am reviewing two products:

face bronzer: LOVE this. i had been using the Jergen's stuff and while that was pretty good, it just smelled really badly and left a very slight bit of an orange tone. but the Yves Rocher is more brown than orange. it's stronger than the Jergen's but still looks completely natural. i have a tendency to get VERY tan in the warmer seasons so this was perfect for me.

also, on my friend's behalf...she asked me to write a review for her. she tried this too. she is normally pale beyond reason but this looked AWESOME on her! seriously, she looked like she had this really healthy glow and had returned from a tropical weekend vacation. she is a huge fan :)

as for the spray bronzer, that same pale friend used it too. she liked it a lot too. (i haven't tried it yet) but just be sure to wash your hands. she waited a little too long and one of her hands was a wee bit darker than what it normally is. but for either bronzer, it's easy to correct if you accidentally have a streak so no need to cry over spilled milk. but overall, we both LOVE the products!