Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Great self tanner!

4.3

on 4/15/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This indeed give me a beautiful tan but it's unbelieveably streaky especially on the legs

on 10/20/2007 6:25:00 AM

I used the 3-in1 Light Finish which is a self-tanner/shimmery bronzer. Awful product!! Perhaps the worst self-tanner I have used, and I've used a lot. I'm pretty good at applying self-tanner, but this came out so streaky - particularly on the legs. Thank goodness it's fall and I can hide them away. Not sure why I'm in the minority on this product but I really do hate it.

on 5/30/2012 6:35:00 AM

I wrote to Yves Rocher to ask why they didn't have this bronzer on their website anymore and they told me that it has been discontinued and they have made a new bronzer instead. I haven't tried that other one yet to compare. I really like the colour that I get from this self tanner for FACE. It's a very natural bronze, not orangy. I always apply it in the night and I wash the excess color off in the morning. It is very fool proof, some people might want a little more color, but for pale people this is really nice. To create a nice tan I have to apply for two nights, and to maintain the tan I have to apply it every two nights. I would have liked the applications to last a little longer. The smell isn't the typical heavy self tanner smell, it's actually ok. It's not super hydrating, so I use to apply it over my moisturizer. Absorbs well. Doesn't irritate my skin. Too bad that it has been discontinued, because it was a good product for few money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product very much. I was attrackted to the Yves Rocher store because they give a 50% discount on most of their products because they celebrate some kind of anniversary. I decided to give this product a try because I liked the scent and the price. I bought the 75ml version with the golden cap.
It gives me a natural tan. I'm a NW25 and normally selftanners turn orange on me. This one doesn't. For a very tanned look, you need two or three applications. My skin absorbs the product pretty quickly. The only downside is that it makes the skin on my face a bit dry. Fifteen minutes after apllying this product I apply my normal moisturizer which solves the problem. After a few days I noticed that the product has a little shimmer, but it doesn't show on your skin.
I would definitely repurchase this product, I would only suggest they would make a 100ml or 150ml packaging. Now, I only use it for my face and legs but if you want to use it for your whole body, you run out quickly.

I'm not a big fan of self tanners, and use them rarely. But when my complexion gets that almost transparent look - a little boost of color is nice. I had bad experience with self tanners in the past- they all turned very orange and way too dark on my pale skin. But then I decided to risk it again when Yves Rocher had 50% off for their entire Bronze Nature line. I ordered the liquid spray and gel versions. The gel is a bit too sparkly/glittery for my taste, I prefer the spray because it dries almost instantly and applies like a dream. It doesn't feel oily at all.
Best of all, both gel and spray result in a nicest most natural BRONZE tan. Not orange, not dark brown, but loveliest been-on-a-beach, whats-a-fake-bake? kind of bronze. I could see results after first application. My legs (which are always the palest) needed 3 portions to get a proper tan.
The fragrance is also nice- tropical floral and not overbearing. Since both the gel and the spray are completely colourless it's easy to miss a spot or apply too much. First time I used it, I got a funny stain on my toe and missed a spot on my thigh, but second time I did it more throughly and had better results.
I recommend this to ppl of paler complexion, who want a more subtle, natural looking tan.

on 3/22/2009 2:27:00 AM

I adore this product! I don't expect to look like I've been sunbathing in the Caribbean or spending hours in a tanning booth, I just want my legs to be a shade or two darker. Works great, doesn't make you appear orange. Like other self tanners, be careful how you apply it however, because you can end up with streaks on your feet or wrists, or dark orange/brown stains between my fingers (I thought I had barbeque sauce stuck in there till I realized I had forgotten to wash my hands after applying!!!)

The only cons are that the glitter is a bit off-putting, and it kind of smells like dirt, but it's the best self-tanner I've found and I'm willing to put up with the minor cons.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used many self tanners and this is my current favourite ( I had been using xen tan which is lovely but too pricey for me every month!)! Bronze nature is quite cheap and a little goes a long way and it smells gorgeous! I use the light one for pale skins and I get a very natural tan every time. It is shimmery when you put it on which would be lovely if you used it on a night out but it is not so glittery that you get it all over your bed sheets if you put it on before bed! It is quite moisturising too and I would definitely buy this again! Edit - Although this is perfect for winter when I want to take the edge off my whiteness but not look stupid - in summer I prefer a darker tan so use a different one.

on 5/14/2007 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin has a natural ligth olive complexion (latino) that tans dark in the sun. These products are good in obtaining the correct bronze color and not the orangey type. My goal for now in using a self tanner to hold on to a fading "real sun" tan. I have reviews for two separate products from this line:

1. "Sunkissed Face Sunless Tanning lotion" (Teint ensoleillé) Rating=3, which can also be used on the body. This is a gel sort of cream (non-colored) that applies smoothly, but WATCHOUT for giving it plenty of time to dry (like 3-4 hours) without having clothes or anything else rub up against your skin. After I applied this lotion to my whole body, it left a rather sticky feeling. I usually apply self-tanner before going to sleep. In this case that was a BAD idea as I woke up with streaking around my face where I had pillow lines (now fake tanned in) and on my body. Otherwise the product had an excellent end color and the smell was on the more tolerable side (compared to other self-tanners where the soy sauce smell would reek for days). I would use it again, but next time ONLY on my face and hours before bedtime (or any other activity like sports that might cause streaking).

2. "3 in 1 Shimmering Sunless Tanning Lotion" (3 en 1 Effet Lumière) Rating=4, since there was a big sale at Yves Rocher I also bought this one to try it out. The saleslady was kind enough to caution me that this lotion has a big shimmer effect (golden sparkles) since for some people it's too luminous. This golden colored cream worked perfectly with my faded tan to instantly bring out the color. This lotion was a lot quicker to dry (I would say completely dry in 1 hour) than the face gel/lotion and easier to see gunky or missed spots due to sparkly color. I did not use this shimmering lotion on my face though, but instead used the previous Sunkissed Face one and this time applying it with plenty of time before going to sleep (3 hours) so it dried properly. I woke up this morning with excellent results, and I had a nice color after I showered all the sparklies away.

The only reason I gave Bronze Nature 4 out of 5 is because I am still looking for a miracle self-tan cream that: leaves a deep natural color tan after just 1 application, applies and blends smoothly, completely dries quickly (in less than 30 minutes), leaves no streaking, and does not have that overpowering everlasting soy sauce smell. Bronze Nature gave me very good results with an affordable price tag.

The Bronze Nature 3-in-1 Shimmering Bronzing Self-Tanner Lotion is pretty good. Aside from the shrimmer, it actually develope a nice tan on your skin. However, don't expect the tan to show up the next day... It does take it 2+ applications for the tan to work. (But that's what the bronzer is for...)
The scent is exotic. Not my personal favorite, but it didn't make me throw up.
The color of the tan is leaning a bit toward the "brown" shade instead of the "orange" shade. (But again, I'm of Asian decent. It could be my skin tone) - over all, I like this tanner much better than the Neutralgena, The Body Shop and the Bath and Body Works self-tanners. The Bronze Nature color is more natural.

on 5/14/2006 11:47:00 AM

I really like this one. I hate the smell of selftanners, but this one doesn't reek! I can actually put it on and leave the house and not be caught in a cloud of bad odour after a while. I wouldn't go to a party or a movie with it on though, I think I can detect a very faint sf smell, but a day in the park or hiking is ok. I also used it on my legs before going to work.(The "summer legs" selftanner version is in comparison a stinker.)
This selftanner is clear in color and comes in a spray bottle.
It is easy to apply, but you have to work fast or it will sink in where you sprayed it. I find it easier to apply after I have used a moisturizer, as it doesn't really moisturize alone even though it says so on the bottle. It gives a quick, tanned glow - not orange, but natural. It is not just a hint of colour, so you can see a difference after only one hour. If you want a deeper tan, reapply.
It smells wonderfull of gardenia, but not too strong.
Remember to shake the bottle before applying, and wash your hands thoroughly (of course) after.
I haven't finished my first bottle, and I have allready purchased a second one.
UPDATE: I think this is the best selftanner for me, it doesn't stink, you see a nice tan quickly, and it makes my skin softer allthough I don't find it very moisturizing. I'm satisfied and will definately repurchase.

Just a note:

After more than 15 years of being a repeat customer at Yves Rocher, I've closed my membership and account after being treated rudely one last time by their customer service in Norway. Clearly the company has a worldwide issue with their customers if they are dissatisfied, after reading more than one review mentioning it.