Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Yves Rocher Bronze Nature
Great self tanner!

4.3

on 6/21/2007 8:50:00 AM

I tried the face and leg ones after reading the reviews here and absoultely love them! The color is natural looking and I had no streaks or anything. This is the 1st self tanner I've used that didn't come out bad on my legs, and I've used a lot (but not the ridiculously expensive ones). The only thing I could have done w/o was the smell, which wasn't so much bad as it was strong. But it was something I could defintely deal w/to have such a great outcome and I didn't notice the smell after about 10 minutes, and my husband didn't say anything about it either. The tubes are a little small for what I'm used to, so I just ordered a few more b/c I really don't want to run out.
I have extremely white, almost see-through, freckled skin, and it just came out great on it. I exfoliated my entire body and face in the shower, also shaving my legs. I dried off completely, put some regular body lotion on my feet and ankles, knees, elbows, hands and wrists and then applied the tanner all over. I did this at night and showered in the morning after a sweaty workout and it looked so natural.
Hope my review helps!

on 5/14/2007 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin has a natural ligth olive complexion (latino) that tans dark in the sun. These products are good in obtaining the correct bronze color and not the orangey type. My goal for now in using a self tanner to hold on to a fading "real sun" tan. I have reviews for two separate products from this line:

1. "Sunkissed Face Sunless Tanning lotion" (Teint ensoleillé) Rating=3, which can also be used on the body. This is a gel sort of cream (non-colored) that applies smoothly, but WATCHOUT for giving it plenty of time to dry (like 3-4 hours) without having clothes or anything else rub up against your skin. After I applied this lotion to my whole body, it left a rather sticky feeling. I usually apply self-tanner before going to sleep. In this case that was a BAD idea as I woke up with streaking around my face where I had pillow lines (now fake tanned in) and on my body. Otherwise the product had an excellent end color and the smell was on the more tolerable side (compared to other self-tanners where the soy sauce smell would reek for days). I would use it again, but next time ONLY on my face and hours before bedtime (or any other activity like sports that might cause streaking).

2. "3 in 1 Shimmering Sunless Tanning Lotion" (3 en 1 Effet Lumière) Rating=4, since there was a big sale at Yves Rocher I also bought this one to try it out. The saleslady was kind enough to caution me that this lotion has a big shimmer effect (golden sparkles) since for some people it's too luminous. This golden colored cream worked perfectly with my faded tan to instantly bring out the color. This lotion was a lot quicker to dry (I would say completely dry in 1 hour) than the face gel/lotion and easier to see gunky or missed spots due to sparkly color. I did not use this shimmering lotion on my face though, but instead used the previous Sunkissed Face one and this time applying it with plenty of time before going to sleep (3 hours) so it dried properly. I woke up this morning with excellent results, and I had a nice color after I showered all the sparklies away.

The only reason I gave Bronze Nature 4 out of 5 is because I am still looking for a miracle self-tan cream that: leaves a deep natural color tan after just 1 application, applies and blends smoothly, completely dries quickly (in less than 30 minutes), leaves no streaking, and does not have that overpowering everlasting soy sauce smell. Bronze Nature gave me very good results with an affordable price tag.

on 5/14/2006 11:47:00 AM

I really like this one. I hate the smell of selftanners, but this one doesn't reek! I can actually put it on and leave the house and not be caught in a cloud of bad odour after a while. I wouldn't go to a party or a movie with it on though, I think I can detect a very faint sf smell, but a day in the park or hiking is ok. I also used it on my legs before going to work.(The "summer legs" selftanner version is in comparison a stinker.)
This selftanner is clear in color and comes in a spray bottle.
It is easy to apply, but you have to work fast or it will sink in where you sprayed it. I find it easier to apply after I have used a moisturizer, as it doesn't really moisturize alone even though it says so on the bottle. It gives a quick, tanned glow - not orange, but natural. It is not just a hint of colour, so you can see a difference after only one hour. If you want a deeper tan, reapply.
It smells wonderfull of gardenia, but not too strong.
Remember to shake the bottle before applying, and wash your hands thoroughly (of course) after.
I haven't finished my first bottle, and I have allready purchased a second one.
UPDATE: I think this is the best selftanner for me, it doesn't stink, you see a nice tan quickly, and it makes my skin softer allthough I don't find it very moisturizing. I'm satisfied and will definately repurchase.

Just a note:

After more than 15 years of being a repeat customer at Yves Rocher, I've closed my membership and account after being treated rudely one last time by their customer service in Norway. Clearly the company has a worldwide issue with their customers if they are dissatisfied, after reading more than one review mentioning it.

I'm not a big fan of self tanners, and use them rarely. But when my complexion gets that almost transparent look - a little boost of color is nice. I had bad experience with self tanners in the past- they all turned very orange and way too dark on my pale skin. But then I decided to risk it again when Yves Rocher had 50% off for their entire Bronze Nature line. I ordered the liquid spray and gel versions. The gel is a bit too sparkly/glittery for my taste, I prefer the spray because it dries almost instantly and applies like a dream. It doesn't feel oily at all.
Best of all, both gel and spray result in a nicest most natural BRONZE tan. Not orange, not dark brown, but loveliest been-on-a-beach, whats-a-fake-bake? kind of bronze. I could see results after first application. My legs (which are always the palest) needed 3 portions to get a proper tan.
The fragrance is also nice- tropical floral and not overbearing. Since both the gel and the spray are completely colourless it's easy to miss a spot or apply too much. First time I used it, I got a funny stain on my toe and missed a spot on my thigh, but second time I did it more throughly and had better results.
I recommend this to ppl of paler complexion, who want a more subtle, natural looking tan.

on 3/30/2007 10:46:00 AM

Yesterday I tried the self-tanner for the face "SUNKISSED FACE SUNLESS TANNING CARE" which apparently can be used on the face and the body so that was a plus. I exfoliated my face and then I moisturized. I applied the cream or shall i say gel as they call it. It was easy to apply but because it's clear not tinted it's kinda hard to see if you miss any spots. I applied it in circles (Mr. Miagy style - wax on wax off) and it seems to be absorbed pretty quick. Then I moved on to my neck and my chest which I moisturized prior to the application. I was so excited to see the colour especially after the sales lady told me it would be noticeable after 2 applications. After an hour I didn't really see a lot of colour so I applied the cream again. i let it dry and went to bed. i was happy in the morning to see that the colour developed nicely with no streaks. even my hads were tanned and no orange at all. I took a shower and the colour faded a bit but it's still there not as strong. I put on some bronzer to even out the skin tone and it looked amazing......

I am going to put on another coat on tonight to see how dark I get....i'll keep you updated.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just ran out of my Cap Soleil Spray so I headed to the Yves Rocher Boutique and noticed that the Bronze Nature is replacing my beloved spray! At first I was a bit nervous to try something new as I have trouble getting a non-orange, natural-looking, streak-free tan! I had a coupon so I got 2 for $18cnd which is dirt cheap!! It comes in a clear spray bottle in 125ml/4.2oz size. It contains Tiare Flower Extract so it doesn't have that offensive self-tanner stench about it!! I was surprised that it went on even easier than my Cap Soleil and it turned out so even in color!! I find it's even more fool-proof if that's possible!!

My tan develops into a natural golden glow which is exactly what I wanted!! I tried the GlowFusion and I turned a patchy orange, but the YR has it just perfect!! I find even my feet/elbows and ankles have no tell-tale demarcation and I don't spend more than 5-10 mins applying either! I love the spray as it gets all of my body parts with a light mist and doesn't focus on any one point. It's been about a week since my last application and I noticed that I'm even fading more even than any other product too! I've used my first bottle about 7 times and I still have about 2 more doses left now! I find this is the BEST EVER!! I'm returning my GlowFusion and I'm going to stock up on more of this one!!

on 6/7/2006 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've tried all the products in the new Bronze Nature line so far (spray, shimmer lotion, legs, face, & face anti-wrinkle), & this is my favorite brand that I've tried ever. Very affordable price too compared with nearly any drugstore brand. (With all their sales & internet/mail order specials I've never once paid full price on any of the dozens of YR products that I've purchased.) They make my skin so soft without feeling greasy, & no streaks or orange. They don't even turn my knees & ankles ultra-dark, which has happened to me with SO many self-tanners no matter how sparingly I applied it in those areas. I even love the scent -- kind of a slightly sweet tropical floral scent (tiare flower?), not the usual coconut-type. The only one I might not repurchase is the shimmer one -- it is a bit TOO shimmery for my tastes, but I always apply all my self-tanners before I go to bed & shower in the morning, so it really doesn't matter too much anyway. The anti-wrinkle face tanner is very convenient too, as I can just use it in place of my usual night cream once or twice a week instead of using two products. It's in a plastic jar too, which would make it good for traveling or taking with on vacation. LOVE this line & will definitely repurchase!

on 5/30/2012 6:35:00 AM

I wrote to Yves Rocher to ask why they didn't have this bronzer on their website anymore and they told me that it has been discontinued and they have made a new bronzer instead. I haven't tried that other one yet to compare. I really like the colour that I get from this self tanner for FACE. It's a very natural bronze, not orangy. I always apply it in the night and I wash the excess color off in the morning. It is very fool proof, some people might want a little more color, but for pale people this is really nice. To create a nice tan I have to apply for two nights, and to maintain the tan I have to apply it every two nights. I would have liked the applications to last a little longer. The smell isn't the typical heavy self tanner smell, it's actually ok. It's not super hydrating, so I use to apply it over my moisturizer. Absorbs well. Doesn't irritate my skin. Too bad that it has been discontinued, because it was a good product for few money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product very much. I was attrackted to the Yves Rocher store because they give a 50% discount on most of their products because they celebrate some kind of anniversary. I decided to give this product a try because I liked the scent and the price. I bought the 75ml version with the golden cap.
It gives me a natural tan. I'm a NW25 and normally selftanners turn orange on me. This one doesn't. For a very tanned look, you need two or three applications. My skin absorbs the product pretty quickly. The only downside is that it makes the skin on my face a bit dry. Fifteen minutes after apllying this product I apply my normal moisturizer which solves the problem. After a few days I noticed that the product has a little shimmer, but it doesn't show on your skin.
I would definitely repurchase this product, I would only suggest they would make a 100ml or 150ml packaging. Now, I only use it for my face and legs but if you want to use it for your whole body, you run out quickly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the lotion version of this Bronze Nature self-tanner. What I like about it is that it is not sticky like a gel or greasy like a cream. It is a clear spray that you cannot feel after you rub it in and it dries. (don't forget to wear your latex/vinyl gloves to keep your palms from staining.) Also, it will not make you very dark right away so you can use it to gradually "build" a tan. It does have that chemically smell that these products do but not overpowering. They have added a scent also which is fairly mild and doesn't seem to irritate me or impress me one way or the other.. You have to smell it and see how you like it.