Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Yves Rocher Bronze Nature
Great self tanner!

4.4

on 8/2/2012 4:15:00 PM

I have tried this product in the version made for the face. I have to say that I love it. The color is subtle, but buildable, which is what a pasty white girl like myself needs. It doesn't break my face out, which is a huge plus. I also like the scent when first applied, as well as when the tanning ingredients react with the skin. Other products...I should say a lot of products have a tell-tale smell that I find rather disgusting.

on 5/30/2012 6:35:00 AM

I wrote to Yves Rocher to ask why they didn't have this bronzer on their website anymore and they told me that it has been discontinued and they have made a new bronzer instead. I haven't tried that other one yet to compare. I really like the colour that I get from this self tanner for FACE. It's a very natural bronze, not orangy. I always apply it in the night and I wash the excess color off in the morning. It is very fool proof, some people might want a little more color, but for pale people this is really nice. To create a nice tan I have to apply for two nights, and to maintain the tan I have to apply it every two nights. I would have liked the applications to last a little longer. The smell isn't the typical heavy self tanner smell, it's actually ok. It's not super hydrating, so I use to apply it over my moisturizer. Absorbs well. Doesn't irritate my skin. Too bad that it has been discontinued, because it was a good product for few money.

I'm not a big fan of self tanners, and use them rarely. But when my complexion gets that almost transparent look - a little boost of color is nice. I had bad experience with self tanners in the past- they all turned very orange and way too dark on my pale skin. But then I decided to risk it again when Yves Rocher had 50% off for their entire Bronze Nature line. I ordered the liquid spray and gel versions. The gel is a bit too sparkly/glittery for my taste, I prefer the spray because it dries almost instantly and applies like a dream. It doesn't feel oily at all.
Best of all, both gel and spray result in a nicest most natural BRONZE tan. Not orange, not dark brown, but loveliest been-on-a-beach, whats-a-fake-bake? kind of bronze. I could see results after first application. My legs (which are always the palest) needed 3 portions to get a proper tan.
The fragrance is also nice- tropical floral and not overbearing. Since both the gel and the spray are completely colourless it's easy to miss a spot or apply too much. First time I used it, I got a funny stain on my toe and missed a spot on my thigh, but second time I did it more throughly and had better results.
I recommend this to ppl of paler complexion, who want a more subtle, natural looking tan.

on 5/14/2007 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin has a natural ligth olive complexion (latino) that tans dark in the sun. These products are good in obtaining the correct bronze color and not the orangey type. My goal for now in using a self tanner to hold on to a fading "real sun" tan. I have reviews for two separate products from this line:

1. "Sunkissed Face Sunless Tanning lotion" (Teint ensoleillé) Rating=3, which can also be used on the body. This is a gel sort of cream (non-colored) that applies smoothly, but WATCHOUT for giving it plenty of time to dry (like 3-4 hours) without having clothes or anything else rub up against your skin. After I applied this lotion to my whole body, it left a rather sticky feeling. I usually apply self-tanner before going to sleep. In this case that was a BAD idea as I woke up with streaking around my face where I had pillow lines (now fake tanned in) and on my body. Otherwise the product had an excellent end color and the smell was on the more tolerable side (compared to other self-tanners where the soy sauce smell would reek for days). I would use it again, but next time ONLY on my face and hours before bedtime (or any other activity like sports that might cause streaking).

2. "3 in 1 Shimmering Sunless Tanning Lotion" (3 en 1 Effet Lumière) Rating=4, since there was a big sale at Yves Rocher I also bought this one to try it out. The saleslady was kind enough to caution me that this lotion has a big shimmer effect (golden sparkles) since for some people it's too luminous. This golden colored cream worked perfectly with my faded tan to instantly bring out the color. This lotion was a lot quicker to dry (I would say completely dry in 1 hour) than the face gel/lotion and easier to see gunky or missed spots due to sparkly color. I did not use this shimmering lotion on my face though, but instead used the previous Sunkissed Face one and this time applying it with plenty of time before going to sleep (3 hours) so it dried properly. I woke up this morning with excellent results, and I had a nice color after I showered all the sparklies away.

The only reason I gave Bronze Nature 4 out of 5 is because I am still looking for a miracle self-tan cream that: leaves a deep natural color tan after just 1 application, applies and blends smoothly, completely dries quickly (in less than 30 minutes), leaves no streaking, and does not have that overpowering everlasting soy sauce smell. Bronze Nature gave me very good results with an affordable price tag.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just ran out of my Cap Soleil Spray so I headed to the Yves Rocher Boutique and noticed that the Bronze Nature is replacing my beloved spray! At first I was a bit nervous to try something new as I have trouble getting a non-orange, natural-looking, streak-free tan! I had a coupon so I got 2 for $18cnd which is dirt cheap!! It comes in a clear spray bottle in 125ml/4.2oz size. It contains Tiare Flower Extract so it doesn't have that offensive self-tanner stench about it!! I was surprised that it went on even easier than my Cap Soleil and it turned out so even in color!! I find it's even more fool-proof if that's possible!!

My tan develops into a natural golden glow which is exactly what I wanted!! I tried the GlowFusion and I turned a patchy orange, but the YR has it just perfect!! I find even my feet/elbows and ankles have no tell-tale demarcation and I don't spend more than 5-10 mins applying either! I love the spray as it gets all of my body parts with a light mist and doesn't focus on any one point. It's been about a week since my last application and I noticed that I'm even fading more even than any other product too! I've used my first bottle about 7 times and I still have about 2 more doses left now! I find this is the BEST EVER!! I'm returning my GlowFusion and I'm going to stock up on more of this one!!

The Bronze Nature 3-in-1 Shimmering Bronzing Self-Tanner Lotion is pretty good. Aside from the shrimmer, it actually develope a nice tan on your skin. However, don't expect the tan to show up the next day... It does take it 2+ applications for the tan to work. (But that's what the bronzer is for...)
The scent is exotic. Not my personal favorite, but it didn't make me throw up.
The color of the tan is leaning a bit toward the "brown" shade instead of the "orange" shade. (But again, I'm of Asian decent. It could be my skin tone) - over all, I like this tanner much better than the Neutralgena, The Body Shop and the Bath and Body Works self-tanners. The Bronze Nature color is more natural.

on 4/17/2006 10:13:00 PM

I got the one in the spray bottle from the Bronze Nature collection, it's in a clear plastic bottle. I was impressed with the color it gave me, no orange at all and it went on quickly and evenly. I like the liquid formula cuz it's easy to spread but be sure to wash your hands quickly cuz it sinks in fast and WILL turn your palms orange like any self tanner would. I took off one lippie cuz the smell was really strong but it does cover up the DHA smell. I got it on sale for $10 CAN, i'm going to try the one with the shimmer in it next.
UPDATE:I am upgrading my review to 5 lippies, this is by far better than any self tanner i've tried. After applying this twice I had a great seep tan with many compliments. NO ORANGE AT ALL and NO STREAKS. WAy to go Yves!