76%

price range

Reviews

2.0

4 months ago

I can scarcely believe I am typing this, but I had to toss my barely used tube of Chapstick original (8 Hour Moisture it says on the tube) because it's too drying and irritating on my lips. I'm about to turn 60 and I've always had dry lips. It's only recently, since I moved from coastal New England to central Virginia, that I've noticed that even the most innocuous lip products either bother me or don't hydrate. Chalk it up to either age or change of environment, but whatever it is, Chapstick isn't helping me. It feels dry and waxy and just sits on my lips, doesn't sink in and hydrate or protect. This is depressing.

About reviewer (430 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is great! I thought I loved Chapstick Original (the one in the black tube) but I think this is even slightly better! It's got a nice waxy consistency that helps it stay on and protect my lips. Lasts a few hours unless eating, and it's so smooth and nice I like to reapply anyway. I apply nightly and even though it's very dry right now my lips are amazing in the morning. Has a pleasant vanilla scent, though I love the scent of Original so I'll miss that. So much better than Burt's Bees, which contains menthol which actually dries out lips. Cheap too.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

Price: 5 dollars at a local grocery store Effectiveness: 7/10 I honestly prefer burts beeswax, as it works better and stays on better. This chapstick doesn't last very long and I notice myself going for burts or vaseline after applying it generously. I probably won't be repurchasing anytime soon.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

4 years ago

I've been using Chapstick Original with SPF (we can only get SPF 10 in the UK now) for so long that I can't remember a time when I didn't. This goes on right after I've brushed my teeth in the morning, or before any time that I'm going to wear lipstick or gloss because very few of my lipcolours contain sunscreen. It's shine free, moisturising with a slightly waxy finish and makes a perfect base for lip colour, without altering the texture or shade of your colour product. Used alone and applied generously, it's waxy enough to keep your lips well protected from the elements. I don't go out in the daytime without wearing this and usually have at least two on the go at any time, and a few more stashed away. Chapstick Original is like toothpaste for me...one of life's essentials that you don't spend any time thinking about, but can't do without. I'm sure that this product has something to do with the fact that my lips haven't diminished with age (I'm in my 50s).

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

5 years ago

use it at night before bed, works amazing

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

ChapStick Moisturizer Lip Balm without doubt moisturizes my lips & leaves them soft, especially if I wear it overnight. It's a great everyday lip product that does glide on smooth, but is kind of thick in my opinion. It's still a must have if you have dry or chapped lips. I wear lipstick a lot, & I found that this lip balm is a good base; what I do is apply it & let it sink in while I do the rest of my makeup, blot off half, & then apply whatever lipstick I'm wearing that day. I don't think it had a particular flavor - it has a slight/barely there vanilla scent. For a dollar or two, everybody should have this. The high SPF combined with the great moisturizing makes it one of the best! Note: Other flavors are Green Apple, Vanilla Mint, & Raspberry Crème

About reviewer (362 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

from

5 years ago

Tried and true works for me! I have never experienced the plumping or stinging effect that some reviewers have noted. I don't have reapply frequently (twice a day *at most* in the winter) and I work in a dry environment. The added sunscreen is another plus.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

7 years ago

So far this is the one that keeps my lips moisturized the longest with spf. Was not impressed with burt's bees.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Tan

HairBlack

3.0

7 years ago

It's a pretty good lip balm. I like the plain smell. I hate most scented lip balms. It kinds leaves my lips with a sticky residue but other than that I like it.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

7 years ago

I have used original chapstick for years, and will continue to do so until the day I die. I tend to hate balms with a scent or flavor, so this is perfect for me. It also gives great moisture. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom, so I will always be accessible to one.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm