Chapstick Moisturizer Original

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% (Sunscreen), Oxybenzone 3.5% (Sunscreen), White Petrolatum 40.7% (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Fragrance, Isocetyl Stearate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Linoleate/Oleate, Vitamin E Acetate, White Wax

Price: 5 dollars at a local grocery store

Effectiveness: 7/10 I honestly prefer burts beeswax, as it works better and stays on better. This chapstick doesn't last very long and I notice myself going for burts or vaseline after applying it generously.

I probably won't be repurchasing anytime soon.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using Chapstick Original with SPF (we can only get SPF 10 in the UK now) for so long that I can't remember a time when I didn't. This goes on right after I've brushed my teeth in the morning, or before any time that I'm going to wear lipstick or gloss because very few of my lipcolours contain sunscreen. It's shine free, moisturising with a slightly waxy finish and makes a perfect base for lip colour, without altering the texture or shade of your colour product.
Used alone and applied generously, it's waxy enough to keep your lips well protected from the elements.
I don't go out in the daytime without wearing this and usually have at least two on the go at any time, and a few more stashed away.
Chapstick Original is like toothpaste for me...one of life's essentials that you don't spend any time thinking about, but can't do without.
I'm sure that this product has something to do with the fact that my lips haven't diminished with age (I'm in my 50s).

To Read all 68 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

use it at night before bed, works amazing

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

ChapStick Moisturizer Lip Balm without doubt moisturizes my lips & leaves them soft, especially if I wear it overnight. It's a great everyday lip product that does glide on smooth, but is kind of thick in my opinion. It's still a must have if you have dry or chapped lips. I wear lipstick a lot, & I found that this lip balm is a good base; what I do is apply it & let it sink in while I do the rest of my makeup, blot off half, & then apply whatever lipstick I'm wearing that day. I don't think it had a particular flavor—it has a slight/barely there vanilla scent. For a dollar or two, everybody should have this. The high SPF combined with the great moisturizing makes it one of the best!

Note: Other flavors are Green Apple, Vanilla Mint, & Raspberry Crème

Tried and true works for me! I have never experienced the plumping or stinging effect that some reviewers have noted. I don't have reapply frequently (twice a day *at most* in the winter) and I work in a dry environment. The added sunscreen is another plus.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So far this is the one that keeps my lips moisturized the longest with spf. Was not impressed with burt's bees.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's a pretty good lip balm. I like the plain smell. I hate most scented lip balms. It kinds leaves my lips with a sticky residue but other than that I like it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have used original chapstick for years, and will continue to do so until the day I die. I tend to hate balms with a scent or flavor, so this is perfect for me. It also gives great moisture. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom, so I will always be accessible to one.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Since I always go for the natural look, this chapstick is a must for me. I don't really like wearing lip gloss or lipstick so I use this instead. It gets the job done. Not only does it fix my chapped lips, but it also plumps my lips up.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't remember much about this product except that it made my lips burn like crazy. Not fun.

Popular Lip Treatments