Chanel teint naturel [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel teint naturel [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Active ingredient: Padimate O 3% Ingredients: water, ethylhexyl palmitate, mineral oil, dimethicone, propylene glycol, isostearyl neopentanoate, glyceryl stearate, stearic acid, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, magnesium aluminum silicate, cetyl alcohol, cellulose gum, lecithin, lanolin alcohol, fragrance, diethylhexyl sodium sulfosuccinate, methylparaben, propylene glycol stearate, polysorbate 20, hexamidine diisethionate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3 diol, propylparaben, sorbitan laurate, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.

on 4/29/2009 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product based on good reviews. The consistancy is runny. I don't like the coverage. I have dry skin and this makes it worse. It excentuates dry spots. This foundation does not last. I am a nurse and work 12- 14 hour shifts. This foundation starts disappearing after 6 or so hours. My husband hates the smell. I'm usually not picky with fragrances, but it does smelly funny. I will continue to use my Revlon Colorstay instead. What a waste of money.

on 2/11/2009 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Me: cool- to neutral toned NW10. Dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Desperately looking for my HG foundation which is very difficult to find considering my pale complexion and easily irritated skin. I read the raving reviews and managed to get my hands on a bottle of this discontinued foundation in the lightest shade, #Aurore Fawn (intensity 0.5). I've never tried a Chanel foundation before although I love some of the Chanel mu products. I hesistated because many Chanel products are heavily scented and I'm quite picky about fragranced skincare- and makeup products. And yes, I was right. This is a very, very nice foundation but the fragrance nearly choked me to death. As soon as I opened the bottle my eyes started watering. It smells like a very overpowering floral perfume and not in a good way. But I was feeling brave and applied it to my face, using a damp sponge. It's quite a liquidy foundation and it dries quite fast but it blends in like a dream. The coverage is sheer- to medium and you can build up until you reach the desired coverage. Semi-matte, dewey finish. Teint Naturel doesn't accentuate dry patches nor does it settle into fine lines. It is moisturizing enough for my very dry winter skin nor does it cause irritation (!). It feels and looks very natural, like my skin but way better.
In the bottle this shade does look very dark and yellow but it blends in much lighter. For me it's still too dark/yellow but not as dark/yellow as for example Chantecaille Future Skin #Alabaster. However true cooltoned people might find this shade to be way too warm. In general all of Chanel's foundation shades run yellow with the exception of #Alabaster/Porcelain but that shade is darker (more like NW20).
Teint Naturel comes in a heavy glass bottle so getting the foundation out is tricky. It has an SPF8.
Conclusion: very nice foundation but I just cannot get past the overwhelming fragrance, which also lingers for hours after applying. If you're not as sensitive to smell as I am and you're able to get Teint Naturel, do give it a try. It truly is a good foundation; I don't understand why Chanel discontinued it considering the fact so many people seem to love it... I paid 35 Euro ($43) for a 30 ml/1.0Fl.OZ. bottle. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Active ingredient: Padimate O 3%

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I have rosacea-prone, dry skin and it's usually difficult to find a foundation that covers the redness and makes my skin looks hydrated at the same time. Well this foundation does both!! I will say that I get much better coverage when I use a foundation brush. Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I've used this for a long time, 15 years or so I'd guess, (in Soft Bisque) and even though I have some other Chanel foundations, if I had to have only one it would be Teint Naturel. Everything about it is worth my loyalty. Expensive, yes, but a little goes a long way.

on 4/28/2008 2:38:00 PM

I used this off and on along with Chanel's Double Perfection liquid. Well, DP was replaced by something (Matte Luminiere) that is with a consistency and result of Revlon's Colorstay. It makes me look 10 years older; I've switched to Sisley's Oil-free foundation (though over $100) for the times I need the excellent finish that DP used to give.

Well, I'm not sure what's happening at Chanel, but I learned that my foundation for when I need a bit more coverage and moisture is being discontinued. Teint Naturel is being discontinued!!! There were limited colors offered, so I wondered. I'm not even going to bother with thinking their replacement might be better (if even have one) since I was so disappointed with DP's "replacement". I'm done with Chanel, and not because I'm not afraid of improvements/changes, but because the replacements are making me look horrible, when I once relied on such superb quality.

It's one expensive foundation, but the finish is awesome. It's lasts all day without looking cakey or dry. I have it in Fawn and it's the only match for my skintone in all of chanel's line. I originally wanted to get Teint Innocence. It's hard to get a color match with Chanel. I prefer to apply it with a wet makeup sponge to tone down the coverage. Chanel is expensive but it does make great foundation.

on 3/13/2008 11:32:00 AM

Oh the foundations I've tried.....drugstore to high-end: Chanel Vitamuliere and Pro Lumiere, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, Neutrogena Visibly Even, L'Oreal True Match, etc. I LOVE TEINT NATUREL!!! This is my HG! I've been wearing it for a couple of weeks now and it is truly amazing.

My skin is dry, dehydrated, plus I have rosacea and acne-like breakouts. This foundation in Alabaster is a great color match for my skin. I'm a MAC NW 15. Most foundations have too much yellow in them for me, but not this one! The has medium coverage and makes the all-over redness fade away without being too heavy. (I use a little concealer for the blemished spots and undereye.)

Teint Naturel smoothes on beautifully. It is almost a souffle-like texture. I wish the container had a wider-mouth opening, but is probably best for sanitary reasons the way it is. It has a pleasant fragrance that fades quickly. The fragrance makes me feel very pampered and elegant.

My Chanel SA said this formula sets best on her skin too. It really does feel great and sets beautifully. I find I don't even need a powder on top. As warmer weather arrives, I may use one on the T-zone, but for now it isn't necessary.

If you try it out, be sure to wear it a while and see how it looks. At least 10 minutes. This one works so well for me!!! Happy, happy, happy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite foundation and the only foundation I plan to use or try. I have fair/sensitive/combination/freckled skin - MAC NC25, Ivory based skin tone.

Chanel's Teint Naturel Ivory/Porcelaine was a perfect match for me. I use it after cleansing, moisturizing and Sofina SPF sunscreen. The easiest way to apply the foundation is using a wet medium. I lightly wet my foundation brush although a wet sponge or your fingers can also be used. It dries instantly and leaves my skin looking even-toned, healthy, radiant and luminous without any type of shimmer, usually found in other foundations in this price range.

It gives me light-medium coverage without feeling heavy, my skin looks natural and flawless. It does have a subtle scent that people with sensitive skin might not like, but didn't effect my skin at all. What an amazing foundation! Worth every penny!!!!

on 2/15/2008 11:36:00 PM

By far the best Chanel foundation.

I have been a VERY loyal Chanel customer for 6 years and I cannot believe that I havent tried this sooner. I have used Vitalumiere, Pro lumiere, Mat Lumiere, Teint Innocence and DPF.

The problem I was having was that I want my face to look flawless, not too shiny, not too dull. Is that too much to ask for?

This gives me all day coverage and it looks flawless. Even my husband commented and he never pays attention.

Update 2/25/08: I ended up returning it. It was great foundation but I'm having a hard time with Chanel colors lately. They need to get it together. I am inbetween shades and I'm not going to sit there and spend 30 minutes balancing and blending and mixing, which was what I was doing. I'm still on the lookout.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the BEST foundation and worth the money. You don't feel it on at all and your face is luminous. It also blends into your skin whereas other foundations have an orange or pink undertone. I wish that it came as a pump however.