Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

2.9

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 7/14/2016 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very oily skin so I bought this thinking it would keep my makeup in place and prevent too much oiliness. I know you never get through a day without some oil, but I thought this might minimize it some bit. The water based primer did not make any difference to my skin, it felt no different to a moisturiser and I would even get a better finish using my La Roche Posay Toleriane Fluide moisturiser than using this primer. Also maybe because it isn't silicone based it did not hold as well, but really I wouldn't repurchase. Some people may love it, but for my oily skin and overall look it didn't hold well for me unfortunately.

I was really disappointed with this primer. It was quite pricey and I really needed something to control the oiliness and creating a smoother surface to my foundation.

This product is very runny, it's almost like a moisturizer. My skin didn't feel any smoother after it dried out and it did not control any oiliness. I tried foundations with and without this - didn't really make any difference.

Packaging is nice at least.

Fantastic product if you have an oily skin.. it will take care of your skin at the same time keep you off the harmful effects of the make up that will follow..

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I do like this product but I feel it has been marketed wrong its more like a moisturiser than a primer to me as when it goes on the face is really wet and you have to wait for it to dry before you apply any foundation to me it better for people with dry skin types but I don't see my foundation lasting longer because of this product you would use any moisturiser to get the same result not worth the cash but i love laura mercer products so this kills me that i didn't enjoy this one

For my normal skin (cheeks) this stuff is great. Goes on smooth like lotion, soaks into my skin and holds foundation all day with a nice, matte finish. For my T-zone, this wasn't great. After a few hours I had a light sheen to my nose, so I decided to blot, which turned out to be a big mistake. My skin oils lifted away the makeup on my pores, leaving my nose area splotchy with makeup.

I don't know why there are such bad reviews on this primer but it is amazing on my skin. I am so glad I tried it for myself, after reading all the reviews I almost by passed it. Just shows that everyone's skin is different and something that doesn't work on someone else might just work for you.

This primer is great under the Laura Mercier Smooth finish foundation and makes it last for hours on my oily skin. I have had it on now for 11 hours and it all looks amazing. It hasn't faded or moved. I have done one powder touch up once during the day but other than that no other touch ups. The primer makes the foundation go on so smoothly. .. i used this foundation previously without a primer and the foundation was hard to blend and i ended up using far too much product. I am totally loving this primer... i won't be looking for a new primer any time soon cause i love it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was the type of person not to use primer. I thought it was just a way for cosmetics companies to make more money. Then I noticed that the best foundations, Marc Jacobs, Dior, or Lancome looked runny and caked up even worse than drugstore brands. I finally caved and decided to try Laura Mercier's primer.

Because I have never used Primer before, I can't say whether this product specifically gives good results, or if any primer would yield the results. I noticed that using primer a) makes the make up apply better (less smearing and less oxidation), and b) the make up lasts longer (I still pat my nose in the afternoon, but I don't have to reapply over my entire face. I'm not sure what else primer is supposed to do, but I am very content that this product helps my make up last longer and apply more evenly. Other things I noticed about using this, it's so light and discreet that after I use it I don't even remember. I was worried it would feel like too much (moisturizer with sunblock, primer, liquid foundation, powder), but having this did not feel like I had an additional layer on my skin.

I knocked off a lippie because it's expensive, and I haven't tried any other primer yet so don't know how it compares.

I was looking for a primer to wear under foundation to help minimize pores, create a smoother canvas, and make makeup last longer. It didn't do any of these things, I wanted to like it so bad too! I even put half on my face one day and had no primer on the other half, both sides looked the exact same. I have slightly oily skin in my T Zone, nothing that makes me hate it just gets kinda shiny but I don't mind the dewy look. This dried my skin out completely so much that I was tight and itchy. I still love Laura Mercier, this is the first product I've had issues with.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely terrible, did nothing at all - an extra step and it smells disgusting. Do not buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This primer is mediocre. I don't have anything amazing to say about it nor do I have anything bad. It didn't break me out but it also didn't keep me very matte during the day. My makeup didn't slide around my face but it ended up fading during the day. And it didn't do anything in terms of blurring my pores but it didn't enlarge them. I like for the price, you get a lot of product. And since it has more of a watery consistency, I can wear it with anything in my makeup collection. I'm not going to buy it again but I might try some of the other ones in her line because the consistency is pretty good. Also it doesn't accentuate any of my dry areas even though it is oil-free. So all in all, not a repurchase for me but it isn't exactly terrible. I say try it out if you want but don't expect a life changing experience with this primer.