Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Wow, this tinted moisturizer has great staying power. I just got done with a 3 mi jog and all of my makeup is still in place. That's usually how I test the longevity of products. I like this a lot, it's great for days when I don't really want to cover my face with any foundation!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

So this is actually my second review of this product. I hated it at first so I completely trashed it in my original review. LOL. But I tried it for a second time and I'm really loving it.

I think I prefer the original version though since I have dry skin and I find that it can look a bit dry on me. I also am not a fan of the smell. It smells like white glue, the one I used to have back in elementary. For these reasons I'm taking out one lippie.

Otherwise, I love it. I have light olive skin, which is really hard to find a good foundation match for, but the shade Nude looks believable and I look like I don't have anything on my face as a base. It's not super blendable so I work it in sections all over my face but that's fine. It provides medium coverage, blurring out hyperpigmentations and redness around my nose. It also doesn't cling to dry patches even though it can still look a little too "matte" (semi-matte, I'd say) for me. It lasts well even without powder, but I would look greasy by the end of the day without because I live in a very humid country, so I always set it with powder anyway.

I know this is advertised as the variant for oily and combo skin, but I don't know... I think the wearability of any foundation really depends on your personal preference, climate, etc.

I'm trying the original tinted moisturizer once I ran out so that's why I'm not buying again, but I recommend it.

on 10/17/2016 3:53:00 AM

At first I was almost didn't buy this product because of the mixed reviews. But my friend really recommend this product that I decided to buy. I am glad that I bought it. Instantly fell in love with it. The only product that allows me to have this healthy glow without looking like I have something on my face. I bought in the shade sands because the sa told me that it is the closest match. I have a cool undertone, but sometimes somehow with several products the slightly darker shade matches my skin better.

It has no fragrance whatsoever and I honestly like it. I am not a fan of an overly fragrance product. Upon application I agree with some reviews that said it takes a longer time to apply, but it glides into my skin perfectly. Some reviews complained about the little to no coverage, but again this is a tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizer basically gives very little coverage. It actually does a pretty good job in hiding redness around my nose and on top of my nose bridge. I usually use fingertips or a beauty blender to apply. I apply primer prior to applying this tinted moisturizer to give more coverage. With this product I don't need to blot my face in the middle of the day. It is truly oil free product. However it is not a long wearing product. I can squeeze on average 6 hours before the product starts to fade. It never oxidized on me. I love it. The weightless feeling, the barely there color. It definitely hits all the right note for me.

Leaves the skin dewy and beautiful. Moisturizing plus takes the thought out of applying sunscreen. Amazing shades. Been a repeat buyer of Bisque for the past 6 or so years. Nothing compares to this product and I honestly hope they never stop making it. A bottle of expensive but lasts a long time. Worth it.

It's funny how when something really works you always end up abandoning it in search of something even greater. Why won't I just leave well enough alone and stick with what works?
I'm a product junkie. I can be fickle. I just need to chill sometimes.
I came back to this after a couple years. I wear the lightest shade Porcelain.
This product is elegant. It's not going to cover up blemishes. It evens up your skin and accepts blush and powder well. It will leave your skin radiant and natural looking.
I don't use a primer - I've found that all that stuff on my face just winds up looking like sh*t.
I have good skin. I'm willing to accept that now and this compliments it beautifully.
I have repurchased this over and over.
It has a sunscreen which is mandatory for me.
I use MAC studio concealer in NC 20 for redness and NW 20 around my eyes and set in with a light dusting of Laura Mercier Loose Powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the oil free version of this product. It provides a good, light coverage without being overly cakery. It will last throughout the day with a light finishing powder over the top. It's also good for my oily t-zone - it tends to stay in place well without wearing off quickly or sliding.

on 6/20/2016 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I traded my regular Laura Mercier TM for this one because I noticed my skin was looking really oily. I haven't noticed a massive change in the shininess of my skin after switching, but I like this one a tad better. It's a little thicker, so a tiny bit less spreadable, but it lasts all day and does not melt off or settle into smile lines. It looks amazing with a light powder like the BareMinerals mineral veil over it, but alone, this product doesn't really mattify. It's more natural looking (AKA dewy)

UPDATE: I don't use this anymore with a setting powder. I noticed that when I applied the TM, it goes on REALLY shiny, so I would set it immediately with the BareMinerals mineral veil in illuminating (which I love). I just realized that if you give the TM about 20 minutes with no powder, it completely loses it's sheen and leaves you with satin-like skin. Not shiny, not matte. Perfect and natural looking. Absolutely love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My review is based from a sample in shade Nude I got from Sephora

Cons
Tacky upon application, not easy to spread product, it supposed to be fuss free but it aint, need to use a lot to cover whole face and neck, not so travel friendly as it requires brush, sponges or beauty blender (hard to spread using fingers which I like to do since it is more hygienic way of doing it in my opinion). It is believed have a potentially comedogenic ingredients that triggers acne and clog pores. It also on the high price point.

Pros
Does not break me out, have a decent light coverage that blurred out minor imperfections like redness and mild acne scarring, even out skin tone, have a semi matte finish and leaves skin looking better and healthy.
Last for good 5-7 hours depending on the weather

Verdict
I wont waste my money buying it since there are plenty of other cheaper products that give the same finish

on 12/27/2015 10:02:00 PM

Nope. I really wanted to like it, though. In the interests of not looking like Rudolph, I generally wear a skosh of mineral powder to cover up decades of nose abuse. (It's a bit red.) As my pores are starting to look like the surface of the moon, I figured a bit o'spackle might help. So a helpful kid at Sephora talked me into this stuff, when what I really should have bought was a travel tube of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in green. I admit that I don't use moisturizer, and I thought this might be a nice way to start with something that could even out my incipient blotches. I even bought one of those egg shaped spongy things to apply it, even if my fingers turned out to be better at smoothing it out. The color blended nicely with my own splotchy face, and it doesn't seem to crease or flake. But I broke out within 24 hours of the first application. Unacceptable. I waited a couple of weeks for the redness and swelling to go away. Maybe I'm just hormonal, I thought. So I gave it another shot--and again, zits erupted exactly where I'd used this. So I shelved it. I've never worn foundation, and even concealer (beyond dealing with my flat, fuchsia nose) is a rarity for me, so I think maybe my expectations for this product were unfair. But anything that makes me break out is my enemy. I didn't toss it, and I've used it a couple of times as a base for eyeshadow, which I almost never wear because I don't know how to apply it without ending up looking like someone punched me dead in the face. But at least it didn't leave me with eyelid pimples!

on 10/18/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm disappointed with this product especially because it's Laura Mercier ...I thought it would be great as I had bought another foundation product from this name and it was really good. Because they don't sell that one I originally bought, I was told to buy this product. It doesn't spread and absorb in my skin even after I try blending for a while with 2 different brushes, the foundation accumulates all on my t-zone...I had to go and buy another brand ..waste of money and I'm not happy given how expensive it is