Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really, really wanted to love this tinted moisturizer because of how much I paid for it. I had high expectations since there was so much hype around it and was dubbed as a cult favorite but no...

First of all, the scent. Like everybody says, it smells like sunscreen. I can appreciate that it doesn't contain any fragrance because that usually irritates my skin but I wish it had no scent at all instead.

I'm NC25-30 and got the shade Nude in the oil-free version. It initially is a little too pink for my Asian yellow skin tone, but after a few hours it oxidizes like a mofo and turns orange, like Donald Trump orange. I got an ID photo to remind me of how ugly it looks once it has oxidized. Ugh. Also, even though I have normal skin and this is supposed to be oil-free, I oiled up like nobody's business after about 2 hours with this TM. Most of the time it's very lightweight, but other times it looks and feels cakey. I can feel it on my skin as if it never sets!

The packaging is beautiful, it looks simple and classy, yet doesn't keep the product from leaking. I have to store it upside down all the time.

I have to give it some points for longevity and coverage though. Coverage is medium and really evens out my skin tone, blurs out hyperpigmentation and such, and stays on for about 8-9 hours. It's just really unpleasant to wear.

I think I'm grabbing the Nars tinted moisturizer the next time I go makeup shopping.

It's funny how when something really works you always end up abandoning it in search of something even greater. Why won't I just leave well enough alone and stick with what works?
I'm a product junkie. I can be fickle. I just need to chill sometimes.
I came back to this after a couple years. I wear the lightest shade Porcelain.
This product is elegant. It's not going to cover up blemishes. It evens up your skin and accepts blush and powder well. It will leave your skin radiant and natural looking.
I don't use a primer - I've found that all that stuff on my face just winds up looking like sh*t.
I have good skin. I'm willing to accept that now and this compliments it beautifully.
I have repurchased this over and over.
It has a sunscreen which is mandatory for me.
I use MAC studio concealer in NC 20 for redness and NW 20 around my eyes and set in with a light dusting of Laura Mercier Loose Powder.

To Read all 657 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the oil free version of this product. It provides a good, light coverage without being overly cakery. It will last throughout the day with a light finishing powder over the top. It's also good for my oily t-zone - it tends to stay in place well without wearing off quickly or sliding.

on 6/20/2016 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I traded my regular Laura Mercier TM for this one because I noticed my skin was looking really oily. I haven't noticed a massive change in the shininess of my skin after switching, but I like this one a tad better. It's a little thicker, so a tiny bit less spreadable, but it lasts all day and does not melt off or settle into smile lines. It looks amazing with a light powder like the BareMinerals mineral veil over it, but alone, this product doesn't really mattify. It's more natural looking (AKA dewy)

UPDATE: I don't use this anymore with a setting powder. I noticed that when I applied the TM, it goes on REALLY shiny, so I would set it immediately with the BareMinerals mineral veil in illuminating (which I love). I just realized that if you give the TM about 20 minutes with no powder, it completely loses it's sheen and leaves you with satin-like skin. Not shiny, not matte. Perfect and natural looking. Absolutely love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My review is based from a sample in shade Nude I got from Sephora

Cons
Tacky upon application, not easy to spread product, it supposed to be fuss free but it aint, need to use a lot to cover whole face and neck, not so travel friendly as it requires brush, sponges or beauty blender (hard to spread using fingers which I like to do since it is more hygienic way of doing it in my opinion). It is believed have a potentially comedogenic ingredients that triggers acne and clog pores. It also on the high price point.

Pros
Does not break me out, have a decent light coverage that blurred out minor imperfections like redness and mild acne scarring, even out skin tone, have a semi matte finish and leaves skin looking better and healthy.
Last for good 5-7 hours depending on the weather

Verdict
I wont waste my money buying it since there are plenty of other cheaper products that give the same finish

on 12/27/2015 10:02:00 PM

Nope. I really wanted to like it, though. In the interests of not looking like Rudolph, I generally wear a skosh of mineral powder to cover up decades of nose abuse. (It's a bit red.) As my pores are starting to look like the surface of the moon, I figured a bit o'spackle might help. So a helpful kid at Sephora talked me into this stuff, when what I really should have bought was a travel tube of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in green. I admit that I don't use moisturizer, and I thought this might be a nice way to start with something that could even out my incipient blotches. I even bought one of those egg shaped spongy things to apply it, even if my fingers turned out to be better at smoothing it out. The color blended nicely with my own splotchy face, and it doesn't seem to crease or flake. But I broke out within 24 hours of the first application. Unacceptable. I waited a couple of weeks for the redness and swelling to go away. Maybe I'm just hormonal, I thought. So I gave it another shot--and again, zits erupted exactly where I'd used this. So I shelved it. I've never worn foundation, and even concealer (beyond dealing with my flat, fuchsia nose) is a rarity for me, so I think maybe my expectations for this product were unfair. But anything that makes me break out is my enemy. I didn't toss it, and I've used it a couple of times as a base for eyeshadow, which I almost never wear because I don't know how to apply it without ending up looking like someone punched me dead in the face. But at least it didn't leave me with eyelid pimples!

on 10/18/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm disappointed with this product especially because it's Laura Mercier ...I thought it would be great as I had bought another foundation product from this name and it was really good. Because they don't sell that one I originally bought, I was told to buy this product. It doesn't spread and absorb in my skin even after I try blending for a while with 2 different brushes, the foundation accumulates all on my t-zone...I had to go and buy another brand ..waste of money and I'm not happy given how expensive it is

on 9/8/2015 11:57:00 AM

Went to Sephora to get this in the lightest shade, but they told me to get the second lightest shade which I did try and it looked fine. Unfortunately when i applied it on my face, it get oxidised very quickly and at some point it looks cakey when i dust it over with Bobbi Brown powder.

on 8/15/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not bad, but no miracles either. I like it a lot more than foundation because it's much quicker in the mornings for work and doesn't feel like I'm wearing a ton of makeup.

For reference, I apply it and then follow up with a setting spray and powder. I wouldn't wear this product without powder because it is VERY dewy, to the point of looking oily.

It's very light coverage (obviously) and I wouldn't say it evens out my skin tone completely - mostly it just gives me a bit of extra oomph in the skin department. If you're aiming for totally flawless skin I'd skip this product and use foundation, but if you want the my-skin-but-better look then this is great. It's a tinted moisturizer - don't expect it to have coverage even close to a foundation.

My biggest complaint is the staying power - it lasts maybe half the day. I know TM usually doesn't last as long as foundation but I still think they could improve upon it. I probably won't repurchase because I want to give the NARS tinted moisturizer a go.

on 8/14/2015 1:48:00 PM

Seems to discolor throughout the day and causes unflattering shine. Not for me.