Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It took me a couple of tries before I found my color. I'm NC 20 and finally I was matched to Porcelain. But the saga doesn't end there because this oxidized on me. It also broke out my chin. I don't know why the bad luck because I can wear the regular LM TM without a problem. This was also so sheer it looked like no coverage at all. I know it's a TM but the regular LM TM gives a little evening of the skin. I was hoping this would work for the summer but I would do better with Maybelline's BB cream for no mu look for around $10. So disappointed.

on 3/12/2017 3:25:00 PM

i tried the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer not oil-free version and it made my skin ridiculously oily throughout the day -- literally looked like a ball of grease. I went back to Sephora and picked up the oil-free and it has solved that problem for me completely. It controls the oil for me throughout the day - not to the greatest extent but it helps and believe me, it SMOOTHES out your skin like no other. I deal with hyperpigmentation and a swab of this makes a huge diff.
It doesn't conceal my pimples when I get them, but this is a TM so for people dealing with acne prone skin, don't hate on this and just buy a full coverage foundation instead. This is great for smoothing out my pores while still making my skin look like skin (pimple spots, freckles and all) and adding a little bit of a dewy finish which is exactly what I want.

Only thing is it's rather expensive, so if there are dupes out there I'd gladly like to try it out but for what the product is and claims to be alone, this is a holy grail.

on 2/27/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Skin: oily, uneven skintone
Use it for: no makeup makeup

I have been using it for roughly 3 years, and I have it in 3 different shades.
It is easy to blend it with your hands and I found it to be very spreadable. The best application I would recommend though is to use a beauty blender. My friends and even once a dermatologist, swore thinking that I wasn't wearing any makeup. This happens only when I use it with the beauty blender. I have also found the coverage good, more coverage than the regular (oil included) Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. I highly recommend it if you have dry skin.

As for the cons, since I have very oily t-zone, it usually lasts 3-4 hours and then my face resembles a seasoned cast iron skillet. So sometimes you have to top it off with a press powder after applying it.
One of the most important things in makeup for me is to see how it looks like worn under natural sunlight to avoid the cakey look. In the first 3-4 hours under the natural daylight it looks amazing and very natural skin-like. However, the biggest drawback is that it OXIDISES :-(. The colour becomes orangey and reddish after hours, even with the yellow undertone shades. Thus giving a cakey look.

Still on the hunt of a natural matte tinted moisturiser that doesn't contain denatured alcohol..

on 2/12/2017 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm amazed at all the negative reviews of this - I've loved it for years. I've never found it hard to blend (perhaps because my dry skin means I always have argan oil on underneath?) and the only time it ever becomes visible after I've applied it is if I'm really sweating under my glasses. Otherwise, it provides sheer, beautiful, luminous (but not sparkly), buildable coverage. My slightly olive but super pale skin is hard to match, but porcelain is fine. I set just the t-zone with Ben Nye luxury powder and it's perfect. My only gripe is the price - and I'm having the darndest time finding anything as good at a cheaper price point.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has been a favorite of mine for years. I have normal to dry skin but prefer this to the original TM. I think it has better coverage and I prefer the demi-matte finish. It looks like my skin but better. It's not full coverage by any means but provides more coverage than the average TM or BB Cream. I like to mix BECCA liquid illuminator on with it for a dewy look or layer it over the LM Radiance Primer. A classic product that never disappoints.

on 2/11/2017 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I usually use MAC studio fix fluid in shade NC20 but was sick of it clogging my pores and I hated how oily I became after 4-5 hours! I bought Laura mercier in the shade bisque which suits me spot on.
Now, you do have to set this tinted moisturiser, I use the Laura mercier loose setting powder which is fab, and my makeup stays in place all day. It's a medium coverage but you can defo build it up, I've had so many compliments and despite it have spf 20, it doesn't cause any flash back!! Will 100% buy again!

on 1/27/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely foundation if you are wanting something on the dewy side. Definitely one of my top 5!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Wow, this tinted moisturizer has great staying power. I just got done with a 3 mi jog and all of my makeup is still in place. That's usually how I test the longevity of products. I like this a lot, it's great for days when I don't really want to cover my face with any foundation!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

So this is actually my second review of this product. I hated it at first so I completely trashed it in my original review. LOL. But I tried it for a second time and I'm really loving it.

I think I prefer the original version though since I have dry skin and I find that it can look a bit dry on me. I also am not a fan of the smell. It smells like white glue, the one I used to have back in elementary. For these reasons I'm taking out one lippie.

Otherwise, I love it. I have light olive skin, which is really hard to find a good foundation match for, but the shade Nude looks believable and I look like I don't have anything on my face as a base. It's not super blendable so I work it in sections all over my face but that's fine. It provides medium coverage, blurring out hyperpigmentations and redness around my nose. It also doesn't cling to dry patches even though it can still look a little too "matte" (semi-matte, I'd say) for me. It lasts well even without powder, but I would look greasy by the end of the day without because I live in a very humid country, so I always set it with powder anyway.

I know this is advertised as the variant for oily and combo skin, but I don't know... I think the wearability of any foundation really depends on your personal preference, climate, etc.

I'm trying the original tinted moisturizer once I ran out so that's why I'm not buying again, but I recommend it.

on 10/17/2016 3:53:00 AM

At first I was almost didn't buy this product because of the mixed reviews. But my friend really recommend this product that I decided to buy. I am glad that I bought it. Instantly fell in love with it. The only product that allows me to have this healthy glow without looking like I have something on my face. I bought in the shade sands because the sa told me that it is the closest match. I have a cool undertone, but sometimes somehow with several products the slightly darker shade matches my skin better.

It has no fragrance whatsoever and I honestly like it. I am not a fan of an overly fragrance product. Upon application I agree with some reviews that said it takes a longer time to apply, but it glides into my skin perfectly. Some reviews complained about the little to no coverage, but again this is a tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizer basically gives very little coverage. It actually does a pretty good job in hiding redness around my nose and on top of my nose bridge. I usually use fingertips or a beauty blender to apply. I apply primer prior to applying this tinted moisturizer to give more coverage. With this product I don't need to blot my face in the middle of the day. It is truly oil free product. However it is not a long wearing product. I can squeeze on average 6 hours before the product starts to fade. It never oxidized on me. I love it. The weightless feeling, the barely there color. It definitely hits all the right note for me.