L'Oreal Paris Blush Delicieux MAT - 102 Coeur de Rose - True Rose

L'Oreal Paris Blush Delicieux MAT - 102 Coeur de Rose - True Rose

My first loreal blush as I had been using the higher end brands but realising how much of a pinch it was to my wallet. I feel that this gives a decent color payoff with a nice touch of shimmer. As a drugstore brand, it's relatively value for money if you're looking for a daily blush. However, despite being a powder blush, I felt that it didn't stay on my cheeks for long and I had to touch up a few times throughout the day. The brush provided was too flat and made blending fairly difficult. It isn't much of a problem at home with a blush brush but having no choice but to use the brush provided when doing touchups couldn't give a natural finish. It isn't as finely milled as the higher end brands however for the price, it's a rather satisfactory product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This peach-pink blush gives my skin a soft natural glow. Great for everyday use.

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM36.90 / about US$8-$9
Website: Lorealparisusa.com
Weight: N/A
Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Alumina, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Zinc Laurate, Isocetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Trisocetyl Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methyparaben, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Parfum / Fragrance, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, [+ / - May Contain: Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77000 / Aluminium Powder, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491 / Iron Oxides, CI73360 / Red 30, CI75470 / Carmine, CI12085 / Red 36]

Product Description:

Blush Delice is a sheer, soft-powder blush infused with Vitamin C that will give your cheeks a healthy, radiant glow! With 5 all-natural shades to choose from, Blush Dlice goes on smoothly, blends easily, and allows buildable coverage so YOU can decide how much to glow!

Actual Product Pic:

My $0.02:

Pigmentation & Color (Plus Swatches! :D):

There're only 4 colors available where i live - they're:
102 True Rose - a light peachy rose that looks so natural on my NC20-25 skin! In fact, this is the first blush i ever owned! :)
103 Sandalwood Veil - a sweet pale bubblegum pink
114 Fresh Papaya - a shimmery peach with gold reflects
04 Rosewood - a shimmery mid rose

Pigmentation wise they go on sheer, but are definitely buildable. Two swipes is all i need (one for the shimmery ones) to achieve a natural flush!!

Swatches:

The Applicator & Packaging:

The new packaging almost similar to the old one except the new one has this plastic reflective cover which looks more appealing than the old one. Both packaging has a built in mirror, which is great!

I however, prefer the old packaging as the new one is soooo difficult to open!! i had to stick my nail in between the clasp to pry it open! Grrr!

These blushes come with a brush also!

It looks rather scratchy at a glance, but is actually alright to use on the face! it's better than most of the compact blush brush that i've tried before :) however, i still recommend using a fluffy blush for the perfect application :)

Texture & Taste:
There're two textures - the Matt ones which have no shimmers (perfect for the natural look) and the Radiant ones which are shimmery. Both go on smoothly but Fresh Papaya has the best texture IMHO! These blushes have a wonderful orangy scent which fades away after sometime! :)

Time Test:
These blushes last the whole day despite being powder blushes!!

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at RM36.90 / about US$8-$9 each which i personally think is cheap! They are available at most Loreal counters at Watsons / Guardian / Your local supermarket :)

Usage:
These blushes are pretty foolproof! I used to use True Rose on a daily basis for a natural flush. I also use Fresh Papaya as a highlight for my cheekbones! :)

In a Nutshell:

These are excellent drug store blushes that works beautifully without breaking the bank!

Likes: Universally flattering shades, compact and light (perfect for travelling)
Gripes: The bad packaging, limited shades!
Repurchase: I would if i ever run out!

Rating:
4.5 Stars ! Near HG Stuff!!

Credits: Product photo from Lorealparisusa.com continued >>

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's a great color if u're looking for a sunkiss color. It's kinda orangy pinky color, good for low makeup days, as in u don wana look like u really applied a blushhS. Its rather light n subtle. n i juz realize that it contains vit C. ++thumbs up for that! Description on packaging: Matt transparent blush with Vitamin C. yup like other reviewers says, u can't c any shimmer when applied although u can see very very little shimmer on the blush itself. which is good as i said for low make up days (: If u would like a more shimmer blush, this range has it too!
A little goes a long way blush!

I've been using Loreal Blush Delice for some time now, currently i have Rosy Cheeks(shimmery) too. Have use afew other colors b4. And its rather good i think, if not i wun be comin back to it all e time. Bud i love trying new prdts too. :p

on 4/14/2007 6:08:00 AM

This was my first blush ever (at Kahani's recommendation), before I got started on MAC and Cargo. *grin*. It's a beeyootiful blush - a little pink and a little peach - perfect. It comes with a brush I can actually use, and just two swipes can gives me (NC25) a healthy glow. But be warned - layer too much on and it can turn you into a clown. Even though I got it sometime back (3 years already??), it's one I go back to everytime I'm running late and havent got time to think too much about blush - beats even my beloved MACs. Enough said.

on 3/27/2006 3:01:00 AM

One of my latest favourites. It is a light pink-peachey colour, not too matte, despite the title, it has some shimmers and not all that real rosy. Also it seems to me that, True Rose is more pigmented than the others, so I try to apply it carefully as much as I can - a little goes a long way on my cool toned fair skin. I plan to repurchase when my pan goes empty, but I think it will be in the far future.
EDIT: It somehow changed or my skin changed. Whenever I put this blush on, it begun to get oxidized and I hate that grayish, dirty look. I gave it to a friend and as for today, she's happy with it. But we do not know how long her happiness will last, who knows.

Popular Blush Products