CHANEL Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color

CHANEL Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color

4.2

Octyldodecanol, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Diisostearylmalate, Dipentaerythrity Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Phenylpropyldimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Synthetic Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Peg-8, Alumina, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Silica, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Bht [ /-(MAY CONTAIN) CI 15850(RED6, RED7 LAKE), CI15985(YELLOW6 LAKE), CI17200 (RED33 LAKE), CI19140 (YELLOW5 LAKE),CI42090(BLUE 1 LAKE), CI45410 (RED28 LAKE), CI75470(CARMINE), CI77163(BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI77491, CI77492, CI77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI77742(VIOLET), 77891(TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 5/23/2018 1:27:00 PM

Purchased this amazing lipstick in the shade “Secret”. Amazing is all I can say. My other lipsticks bled, forcing me to check my lips all day. But not this one - - lasts throughout the day. Would love one in every color! Worth the $$$.

on 5/20/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

i bought two of these for a birthday splurge. never spent this much $$ on lipstick (and i just recently turned 52), so i figured i might as well ring in my second half-century of life with a bang, lol ! these lipsticks DO NOT disappoint. rich, creamy texture with staying power galore. i have 'enigmatique' aka #135, and 'ardente' aka #175 in the rouge allure luminous intense category. #135 is a beautiful shimmery plum/pink which accentuates my copper-brown skin perfectly. LOVE IT! #175 is a beautiful red/pink/coral (pink salmon) shade which just brightens the complexion and is the perfect red for summer!
wow... i used to consider myself a MAC devotee ... but i probably will never purchase another MAC lipstick. everything about these chanel rouge allures is sheer beauty, sophistication, femininity and perfection. HIGHLY RECOMMEND and am currently eyeing one of their neutral/nude tones to make this a holy trinity purchase.

on 10/3/2013 9:28:00 AM

It was a gift. I never spent that much money on a lipstick! 40$ here in Canada, maybe a bit less in France.
I like the color (135 Enigmatique), i like the satin finish and yes, it does stay on for hours without looking dry or flakey.
However, it didn't blew my mind.....Let's just say that i've bought other brands like l'Oreal or Revlon that deliver the same result, which leads me to believe that luxury is psychological: you own a pretty, expensive, french lipstick, so you feel like a star....hahahaha

I wouln't buy it again. But if my mom wants to give me more, I've no problems with that. =)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This has a lovely soft texture and lasts for hours. I don't have a ton of $30 lipsticks, but this is one of the rare cases where I think it's worth the price tag.

on 12/15/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own four Rouge Allures:
Genius 07 - a dusky peach/coral with subtle gold shimmers
Exotic 21 (now discontinued) - a burnt reddish coral with pink shimmers
La Ravissante 32 (Rouge Allure Velvet) - A completely matte dark orange coral.

And my current favourite........

Famous 207 (Christmas 2011) - intense fuschia red with pinky gold shimmers.

With the exception of the velvet range, the Rouge Allures go on smoothly, and feel natural and moisturising.

They are more comfortable compared to Rouge Coco, but it helps that I put a lot of vaseline on overnight.

I would buy a new Rouge Allure if I liked the colour without even trying it on, as I'm confident with this formula.
I adore the fact that the names of shades are adjectives describing Chanel herself.

on 10/20/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Rouge Allure is probably my favorite lippy formula. I used to be a MAC person but after I got my first Chanel lippy I just couldn't go back! RAs are moisturizing, but application can be patchy if your lips chapped or overly moisturized (as in put on too much balm beforehand); make sure to gently exfoliate your lips and not overdo the lip balm before applying your RA. The click-pen case is chic yet practical as you don't have to worry about the cap coming off in your purse. No bleeding/feathering, and almost all RAs don't really need a liner. Wear time is pretty tenacious, and you don't really need to reapply unless you're eating something messy. RAs come in creme and shimmer formats, and the shimmer ones are subtle despite the glitter in the color.

What prevents this from reaching HG status is that the far majority of colors are frankly not WOC-friendly (i.e. too light and not deep enough), and the ones that *are* tend to be LE and/or get DC'd. Also Chanel in general tends to DC colors out of nowhere despite their popularity, so if you *really* like a color, buy a backup.

on 8/30/2011 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I may be in the minority but it didn't work for me. I have dry lips and Chanel RA is supposed to be the BEST for dry lips and so I wanted to get it desperately. All I can say is I am disappointed . I loved the colors but it doesn't last longer than 45 minutes MAX ( without eating / drinking !!!! )
I am not going to pay $36 for just a pretty shade ! At that price I want it to stay longer on my lips, moisturize them and look pretty . IMO it's a over hyped lipstick .

on 11/18/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I generally like these, but it bugs me that the formula is inconsistent. Mythic #69 (greyish nude beige) and Admirable #42 (pale peachy pink) are delightful to wear; Incognito #81 (brownish mauve) and Insolente #65 (vivid hot pink) are uncomfortable, sort of scratchy and drying. Maybe the pigment, shimmer or some other irritating ingredient is more densely packed in the darker shades, I don't know; but I'd repurchase only a lighter, shimmer-free color from the Rouge Allure range.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought Rouge Allure in Clandestine (#73) only to find that it's pretty much the same shade as Revlon $641 Spicy Cinnamon!

I don't recommend this product or this shade.

First of all, the price is ridiculous. Basically you are paying a huge markup for the name. I bought the product as a pick-me up, figuring a Chanel product would leave me happy and smiling.

Oh, the cosmetics industry advertisements do have a lot to answer for! Trust me, in no way will a Chanel anything (except maybe an outfit, and perhaps not even that) lift your spirits or make you feel special - after the initial wheee!!!! feeling promptly after the purchase.

The lipstick itself is quite drying, and if you have dry lips like me you'll need to wear gloss over it.

I find this shade to be too overpowering, and not flattering at all. Too much purple in this red. Leaves me looking clownish.

Pretty good formula - satiny smooth, lightweight. Its not drying, but i do find it a bit irritating if I dont slather more on after it wears off, i.e. After a few sips of coffee. Mine smells less strong than Rouge Coco, and doesn't bother me. And of course, the package is brilliant. I did have a terrible time finding a color, though. On my rosy lips these are medium coverage; the pinks and cranberries (Darling, Imagination, Romantic, Ardent, Lover) I tried barely showed up and didn't do much, which is disappointing. However I have had great success with Delicieuse- nude peach in the tube, but veers into coral on my lips. I don't think these shades (or Chanel's in general) are as universally wearable and flattering as other brands' offerings (Bobbi Brown and Becca come to mind), and in general Estee Lauder's lipsticks are more comfortable (and less $).