Cover Girl Midnight Mauve 540

Cover Girl Midnight Mauve 540

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely medium mauve pink with silver frost. Not *too* frosty, but enough to make lips looks fuller. Can be applied lightly for a more subtle pink, or applied more heavily for a brighter look. I have previously used "Iced Mauve" which is also gorgeous, and a darker version of Midnight Mauve. I have also tried "In the Nude", which turned colors horribly once applied (from muted mauve to bright pink!)...thankfully this one does not do that. This shade makes my teeth look whiter too! I love this line of lipsticks, because the colors really do wear a long time, without being drying, and this is coming from a gal with chronically chapped lips! Sometimes, I will layer my Nivea balm underneath for more subtle color payoff, but I don't HAVE to wear a balm underneath, which is awesome! Packaging is old school, but then I kinda dig that. I wish CG still offered the huge variety of shades they used to in this line. Would repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hate to wreck a 5 lippie rating but this doesn't work for me..i'm a fair, cool toned brunette with dyed reddish brown hair and rosey lips and this shade came out a dull, boring, pinky, murky color on me. IMO it might look becoming on somebody with light lips.

on 1/16/2010 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

okay; so this is the 2nd time i bought this. i absolutely love it. it has been around for a while. my mama used to always put this on me in pageants, and used it up. well; i couldn't find it anywhere else. but recently i went to walgreens and they had it. this is by far my favorite. i like it better than my lancome.

on 8/28/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a fun shade to wear for a night out. I usually wear it alone or with a pearly pink gloss as a highlight dabbed on the center of my lips. It's a frosty, pretty pink mauve with a lot of dimension. It's also a great color that can double as a lip stain (comparable to Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb). The lasting power is pretty phenomenal for a mid-tone lipstick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am a PPP Strawberry Blonde. Normally, I buy only high end cosmetics; however, Covergirl has surprised me a few good shades that are flattering, true to color, long lasting, and are frosted. I HATE dry matte looking skin and/or lips.

I like this color because it is a pinkish ruby color, so I can achieve multiple looks simply by changing my lipliner and/or gloss.

Looks fabulous with MAC Quartz lipliner and with MAC Burgandy Lipliner. Lancome Sundried Berry Le Lipstick creates a pretty plummy effect, which opens up a whole other range of make-up options.

Any MAC Lustreglass shade in pink, burgandy, or ruby looks super hot with this lipstick shade.....even Little V.

There are many options for blush, I personally like to use MAC Strada for a soft contour and MAC Angel in the apples of my cheeks. Lancome Pink Poodle is fun with this lipsick also.

I like to have a few staple lipliners, and versatile lipsticks, and glosses to create many looks with just a few products.

As for blush, I like a pink, plum, and neutral look.

For foundation-- Vincent Longo and for powder-- Chanel Double Perfections in Soft Beige. These won't change because they are a perfect match to my skin which allows to successfully play with make-up color.

I spend my money on eyeshadow because I can be uber-creative

For $5 you cannot go wrong with this lipstick.